JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Back to Lane 4... Here's a rough idea of what we talked about for Lane 4. Simple, no Eco block or pit run rock, just 2 ft deep of 1/4-10 gravel over dirt. (This idea is to prevent future exposure of the pit run and concrete eco blocks like what we are seeing on lane 3).

Lane 4 Design Idea 1.jpg

If you ever see targets on the hillside, behind the impact berms, please go remove the temptation! We need to keep all rounds within the shooting lane so we don't spread lead out into the forest area. It would be nearly impossible to clean out lead from that hillside and we don't want to contaminate the soil with potentially thousands of rounds over time.

Lane 1 targets top and hill.jpg

This is at lane 1, however it is common at all 4 lanes. Once we complete the improvement work, the new berm will cover most of that area behind it. Still, we need to help others learn that targets are to be placed IN FRONT of the berm.

Thanks!

i saw someone there today with a little campfire going..looked like a good time.. is that allowed? if so ill bring some firewood next time
I can't find anywhere it says no, unless it's in the fire season. We'd prefer not because of the mess it leaves behind and often get left to burn itself out with no supervision. I see quite a few spots where people do a campfire and they never erase the evidence. You end up seeing 2-3 different spots where campfires were at the same place.

Perhaps someone else can shed a better light on the subject.

BTW, welcome to the forum!

I can't find anywhere it says no, unless it's in the fire season. We'd prefer not because of the mess it leaves behind and often get left to burn itself out with no supervision. I see quite a few spots where people do a campfire and they never erase the evidence. You end up seeing 2-3 different spots where campfires were at the same place.

Perhaps someone else can shed a better light on the subject.

BTW, welcome to the forum!
noted, if i did have a campfire out there, i wouldnt be as careless.. i like the spot and ive brought trashbags with me the handful of times ive been there..i cleaned a bag of trash off lane one today. and cleaned up some brass and shotgun shells the best i could on my own

i saw someone there today with a little campfire going..looked like a good time.. is that allowed? if so ill bring some firewood next time

Yeah, I was out there earlier today in the morning and there was a fire going on in the third lane jersey barrier, and two smaller extinguished campfires behind the barrier. It was raining, so I must have spooked whomever started them when I drove up with my car, as they must not have been gone more than a few minutes and the rain put it out. There wasn't much trash today, just some abandoned cardboard targets. I cannot imagine what makes a shooting range so favorable to the homeless, as the nearest services are dozens of miles away.

Yeah, I was out there earlier today in the morning and there was a fire going on in the third lane jersey barrier, and two smaller extinguished campfires behind the barrier. It was raining, so I must have spooked whomever started them when I drove up with my car, as they must not have been gone more than a few minutes and the rain put it out. There wasn't much trash today, just some abandoned cardboard targets. I cannot imagine what makes a shooting range so favorable to the homeless, as the nearest services are dozens of miles away.
Brass Pickers

Thanks for the report, Gunfood! And welcome to the forum!

New here also, but have been up and used Wolf Creek before. I want to help out too where I can, and watching for the next clean up date.
@Cosimel is Director of the Wolf Creek committee, on the Public Land Target Shooters forum, and he is planning on quarterly cleanups. Also, he's planning some side work off the corner of lane 3 where we'll dig up some ground and plant some trees & shrubs to deter people from using that back area for shooting (currently planning that on the PLTS forum). Beyond that, he's got a real challenge to build a new long distance range up the road from the existing lanes. So keep tabs on Cosimel as to volunteer opportunities, or join the PLTS forum and join the conversations there. There will be plenty up at Wolf Creek lanes!

Went up today, got to the lanes about 11:30. Didn't notice any graffiti which is good. All lanes were being used. But as we were heading back out, my wife noticed that the folks on lane 1 looked like they were packing up. Found out they were, so waited for them to clear and then set up for pistol.

Lots of mud, but no obvious trash. Lanes will probably need a good clean as there was plenty of brass and shot shells.

It was a great day to be up there. My wife leveled up and I started her on Shoot and Move drills. I sighted in my Ruger 10/22 TD and Ruger Charger red dots.

Oh man, I was just up at brownscamp. Gazillion people there and the one spot further back was incredibly trashed. Insane, absolutely insane, looked like a dump. On the good side, i took my daughter whos terrified of guns, she ended up shooting 100rds of 38 specials through my python. Proud dad moment here :D

Last Edited:
Any one been up there last couple of days? Just wondering how the road was.

Besides the huge potholes in front of the highway entrance, and the myriad of small potholes about halfway between the highwayand the shooting site, the trail is pretty great. If you can drive around the highway entrance potholes (those things are seriously massive), and can drive over 2 inch deep smaller potholes, you shouldn't have a problem for the time being.

Pretty much full house at 8am but all the folks on 4 left at the same time so I lucked out. Painters have been busy, but I managed to paint over everything except the "who" on the left end before a couple more groups showed up. Over all the lane was not in too bad if shape.
IMG_20210118_085145589.jpg

Pretty much full house at 8am but all the folks on 4 left at the same time so I lucked out. Painters have been busy, but I managed to paint over everything except the "who" on the left end before a couple more groups showed up. Over all the lane was not in too bad if shape.
View attachment 809947
Interesting. This is the same grafitti that I saw at the one at bownscamp all over trees:mad:

Interesting. This is the same grafitti that I saw at the one at bownscamp all over trees:mad:
I wouldn't doubt it's the same few groups leaving us all this 'freedom of speech'. I'd love nothing better than to catch them in the act, with all the photo evidence we've all been gathering, they might even do time !!

It appeared to be a message to who ever this person painting the "BS" all over. LOL

OH, that box on top the barrier was 3/4 full of clays left by the previous group. I left the clays up there and brought the box home cuz you know where it would have ended up.:rolleyes:

Resource discussions are for general chit-chat. Use the buttons near the top to ask a question or write a review for this resource.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top