JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I like the idea, but I worry our moron crew would just see that as a great place to hang targets.
You could go with other fast-growing native plants that are spindly as adult plants and wouldn't support targets. Red osier dogwood comes to mind if it's wet enough. U can get baby native plants very cheap ala $0.30-$0.80 or so. ODF could prob give a list of plants they want to see up there. Baby plants are easy to plant.

Forgot to mention the shooters that showed up and went back to the "don't shoot here" area. The sign isn't in the most prominent spot, as I could see how they might have missed it behind my vehicle when parking at lane 3

Are there any plans for an "unofficial" clean up of the lanes this Saturday morning, 12/5?
That is still the plan and indeed it looks like the weather will be cooperative, we can't really do any promotion since we aren't supposed to be gathering like this, but if we can keep it to a dozen or less people, meet at lane 3 at 9am Saturday morning and then break off into groups. I'll be reaching out to Randy at ODF to see if there is a dumpster we can access after the clean up to dump trash. I was up there on Thanksgiving and while there is a bunch of crap all over, I didn't see any big items. I'm going to start a list of interested parties and gryghin you're on the top of my list :)

Ditto here. I've put it on my calendar, so I'll be there too unless something unavoidable comes up.

@patbob and company, if you're in the Hillsboro area and have a spare seat for a rider, I have a couple spare hands/feet I can help with.

Down to one car now, and the wife has it most of the day for work. So I could use a ride there/back to help?

Plus I get the pleasure of putting some faces to avatars. :)

There at first light today and had the whole place to myself until 9:00. Someone was kind enough to leave a fire going on 4. On the way out I made sure no one knew B♥️S was on lane 3

IMG_20201202_072036056.jpg

I was going to say, when I was on 3, most the large debris is just scraps of wood. A decent fire started in the morning should help clear that up... I wonder if it was the same guy I've seen camping in his car on lane 4 when I get there early enough.

So still haven't had a chance to get out to the lanes to sight in my rifle. I did purchase a laser bore sighter though & plan on getting out there this week or next.

Noobie question. When getting the red dot to match up with the laser, you're moving the point of impact (where the laser is hitting) to the red dot reticle and not the other way around, correct?

Thanks in advance.

So still haven't had a chance to get out to the lanes to sight in my rifle. I did purchase a laser bore sighter though & plan on getting out there this week or next.

Noobie question. When getting the red dot to match up with the laser, you're moving the point of impact (where the laser is hitting) to the red dot reticle and not the other way around, correct?

Thanks in advance.
No, you're adjusting the red dot to fall on top of the bore laser. The latter is static in your bore.

Resource discussions are for general chit-chat. Use the buttons near the top to ask a question or write a review for this resource.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top