JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If road conditions aren't right currently for a Prius or other small car, then is there another outdoor shooting area similar to North Fork Wolf Creek that would be good for sighting in a rifle at 25 to 50 yards?

I guess I could I go check out a local outdoor range, but there's something about being out in the woods shooting that appeals to me. Maybe I'm romanticizing that a bit much though.
As for going into the woods somewhere to shoot, there are no other areas as developed as the N. F. Wolf Creek lanes, and there is no guarantee the roads to other locations would be any better. As somebody else has pointed out the English Pit up near Vancouver WA would be an excellent alternative. The range fee isn't so bad and is good all day, shoot, go to lunch, come back and shoot some more. You can use your own ammo without having to pay an 'inspection' fee, and they do have suitable bench rests to use.

Geometro (The Clown Car) vs Fork Hill Oil Pan Challenge - 10/20/2020

Just to give you guys an idea of what the hill is looking like as of 10/20/2020. Bad.

My car's suspension ain't bad either:

Last Edited:
Geometro (The Clown Car) vs Fork Hill Oil Pan Challenge - 10/20/2020

Just to give you guys an idea of what the hill is looking like as of 10/20/2020. Bad.
Thanks. That helps. I sure appreciate you taking the time and effort to do the vid!

I sent an email, to Randy of ODF, asking if there is a road crew anywhere nearby that could come smooth that section of road. I'll let you know when he responds. Meanwhile, buy a lift kit!

Randy was quick to reply tonight! He said he was aware of it about a month ago and reported it to the roads manager. He thought it was taken care of by now. He'll follow up tomorrow. (I sent him a link to that video! I think that helped.)

Randy was quick to reply tonight! He said he was aware of it about a month ago and reported it to the roads manager. He thought it was taken care of by now. He'll follow up tomorrow. (I sent him a link to that video! I think that helped.)

Well . . . I'm heading up there Thursday, so tell them to get on that pronto !!!! :D:D:D:D:D

Lift kit installed, it's called the F150....

Some of y'all never driven on British roads and it shows :D

Seriously though, that's a bit 'ditched', you gotta drive it in diagonals, don't do the straight line stuff or you'll come a cropper (per the video) think traversing a kerb in a lowered car - anyway, hopefully they can grade that little section and we don't have to worry about it! :)

@Cogs Are there any plans to do a clean-up before the end of the year?

@VietPho y'all must have been at Lane 4, as I thought I saw a Geo Metro and a sedan pass by Lane 3.

I think a clean up is warranted, luckily it's not as bad as Miller Road in Welches but there was a lot of rusted casings and shot up targets.

Also, someone tagged the jersey barrier at 3 and I didn't remember to bring my grey and brown spray paint with me.

20201020_133311.jpg

@Cogs Are there any plans to do a clean-up before the end of the year?
Not that I know of so far. But someone could easily do that with just a couple guys or so. I'm not much available for a while.

Also, someone tagged the jersey barrier at 3 and I didn't remember to bring my grey and brown spray paint with me.
Thanks. It does look a bit messy. Looks like somebody loves BS. Or B loves S (Bill loves Salmon?) What a romantic place to send a love message to your sweetheart! :rolleyes: Think he won her over? She should dump him (or better yet, shoot him!).

Thanks for that video. I haven't been up there in a year or so. It sure looks like people have trashed that little part on purpose. The road is the same grade above the bad part and looks to be okay. Damn, people are dicks. :(

For those of you who've gotten a spot at lane 3 or 4 in the morning, what time would you guess I should be up there? 6am?lol
I've been up there at 6am on a weekday and it was full... so I usually try to be there at first light. You get to chase off the tweakers scrounging around as a bonus.

Edit: 6am is currently before first light :s0133: but you get what I mean.

Last Edited:
For those of you who've gotten a spot at lane 3 or 4 in the morning, what time would you guess I should be up there? 6am?lol
I usually google "sunrise tillamook state forest" and the time pops up big as day in the top left corner (i.e. just did it and tomorrow's sunrise is at 7:45 AM); I always shoot for at least a half hour before that time, an hour before (i.e. 6:45 AM tomorrow morning) pretty much always work.

According to ODF, the repair on the access road should have happened either last Thursday or Friday. They were waiting for the availability of a tamper and hoping for some rain to help pack the gravel. If it's not done yet, I'm sure it will be beginning of next week.

Resource discussions are for general chit-chat. Use the buttons near the top to ask a question or write a review for this resource.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top