JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Thanks Mikej.

Does a bore sighter require that you take off the muzzle break or flash hider?

As long as the hole is round I'd think not. The device goes in the end far enough to clear any muzzle device, and a taper seats in the opening. A gentle turn expands the arbor in the barrel to old the sighter in place.

What is the current conditions of the road up the fork hill? Are there still a lot of abnormal pot holes? Has anyone tried to go back and fix the holes after the first fix attempt? Has it gotten worst?

What is the current conditions of the road up the fork hill? Are there still a lot of abnormal pot holes? Has anyone tried to go back and fix the holes after the first fuc attempt?

I went up there yesterday around 9am (no open lane and left). Some more than usual pot holes right up to the split, but easily manageable. But as you head up to Lane #1, it's pretty damn crappy. I haven't been up for a while and it was WAY worse than I last visited. I don't see a sedan making it up simply due to ground clearance. Not sure 4x4 is required, but you'll definitely need ground clearance. Good luck!

I went up there yesterday around 9am (no open lane and left). Some more than usual pot holes right up to the split, but easily manageable. But as you head up to Lane #1, it's pretty damn crappy. I haven't been up for a while and it was WAY worse than I last visited. I don't see a sedan making it up simply due to ground clearance. Not sure 4x4 is required, but you'll definitely need ground clearance. Good luck!

Thanks,

In other words, a geometro has no chance making it up?

Thanks,

unless yours looks like this...

1603077906795.png

Thanks,

Your GEO might be able to get up there just fine. The question is....Can YOU get it up there? :)
I use to get our small Plymouth Arrow into some crazy stuff just fine. But it was rear wheel drive too. Your narrow wheel base may allow you to stay on the high points. All you have to do is keep the hammer down and stay on top! ;)

Last Edited:
You GEO might be able to get up there just fine. The question is....Can YOU get it up there? :)
I use to get our small Plymouth Arrow into some crazy stuff just fine. But it was rear wheel drive too. Your narrow wheel base may allow you to stay on the high points. All you have to do is keep the hammer down and stay on top! ;)

Now I'm concerned that my Prius won't be able to make it.

Do we have any access to fill material?

I'd be up for joining/organizing a rehab group to go fill pot holes. I can bring a half dozen guys to help depending on the weekend. They have all shot up there with me and would be happy to have a way to give back.

Either way I'm thinking of an early trip next weekend. Have some sighting in and some load ladders to run.

Do we have any access to fill material?

I'd be up for joining/organizing a rehab group to go fill pot holes. I can bring a half dozen guys to help depending on the weekend. They have all shot up there with me and would be happy to have a way to give back.

Either way I'm thinking of an early trip next weekend. Have some sighting in and some load ladders to run.
When @arrowshooter and I attempted to fill in the ruts we determined a lot of the gravel had spilled over the edges of the road, but it still wasn't enough to fill in the ruts. We could lay an new layer of gravel over that part of the road, filling in the ruts as a result, but I still believe that the road needs to be leveled by an excavator or backhoe.

When @arrowshooter and I attempted to fill in the ruts we determined a lot of the gravel had spilled over the edges of the road, but it still wasn't enough to fill in the ruts. We could lay an new layer of gravel over that part of the road, filling in the ruts as a result, but I still believe that the road needs to be leveled by an excavator or backhoe.

I find it strange that that happened after ODF brushed and filled the road (I think it was this past spring or end of last winter). Makes me think someone may have gotten stuck and their tires dug up the road.

I was going to have the contractor touch up that part of the road this past late summer/early fall along with the improvement work to lanes 1 & 4, however, the pandamnit messed up the grant process and we never got a decision on the funding. It almost happened a couple weeks ago but still no word yet. We're not denied, just delayed. I'm afraid it's now a little too late to start the renovation work because of winter mud conditions. While our contractor was going to be there, we were also going to have him pile up the gravel over the berms at lane 3.

I hope we can go with this project early spring 2021!

I got to wondering if there we're some miscreants in 4 by 4 rigs purposely racing up that hill and thinking the rougher the road the less people in little cars would be good for them? That road was fine for all but the lowered cars before TSF got up there and fixed it. Granted it wasn't great before. You had to "ease" up there. And I want to assume that TSF knew how to lay out a road on a hill like that? That old road had been there for many years with only minor bumps and depressions.

Will a midsize/cross-over all wheel drive SUV make it fine given current road conditions?
I've been getting up to the lanes for over three years in my 2001 Subaru Outback just fine, even recently with the entry to the road in it's current condition,. The trick is to put your car in first gear and creep up and down that section of road. It bounces my car around pretty good, but no clearance issuers (so far).

I've been getting up to the lanes for over three years in my 2001 Subaru Outback just fine, even recently with the entry to the road in it's current condition,. The trick is to put your car in first gear and creep up and down that section of road. It bounces my car around pretty good, but no clearance issuers (so far).
I saw someone's oil pan up at n fork wolf creek a few years ago

Is it ok to try to sight in a red dot on a rifle without benching or doing anything special? In other words, can I just shoot standing up, using a standard shooting stance to sight in a red dot or is it completely futile to try to sight in a rifle without being seated at a table with a bag/rest support?
I bought a tripod, because it was very difficult for me to sight in scopes without benchrest(Hammers, $55 on eBay). I don't use it to shoot, but I also bought $40 folding table to set guns, etc., plinking in the woods? Something like that could be used as a benchrest too if you have one laying around.

If road conditions aren't right currently for a Prius or other small car, then is there another outdoor shooting area similar to North Fork Wolf Creek that would be good for sighting in a rifle at 25 to 50 yards?

I guess I could I go check out a local outdoor range, but there's something about being out in the woods shooting that appeals to me. Maybe I'm romanticizing that a bit much though.

Resource discussions are for general chit-chat. Use the buttons near the top to ask a question or write a review for this resource.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top