JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
oh crap so you mean to tell me that we can't shoot there?! We need that signs immediately! Cause I totally could have hit people!

Rules and regulations
  • Targets must be either commercially manufactured or home manufactured paper targets.
  • A solid backstop such as an earth embankment is required.
  • Shooting at garbage and glass is prohibited.
  • Target shooting is prohibited between dusk and dawn.
  • Exploding targets such as tannerite are prohibited.
  • You are responsible for removing all of your targets, shells and related debris.

1594437458807.png

Yep, I personally haven't had anyone use this area when I've been on lane 3, and I like to think I'd say something if it did happen, but we must be careful when approaching somebody who's obviously already making poor decisions. It would make it easier, I think, if there was existing signage that we could point to when asking them to stop.
Today, I went to the lanes after my session with new gun owners at Salmonberry Pit.

I took care of all of the graffiti on the Jersey barriers and the big rock on lane 4 that was tagged.

As I was finishing up lane 3, I walked back to my truck and I thought people back there were just grilling and picnicking with a canopy, when I realized they were shooting shotgun with clay pigeons. If I had some Trash No Land brochures, I would have walked over there. I didn't feel comfortable talking to them without it.

I think permanent sign and appropriate use only examples would go a long way.

As for the graffiti, I used 1.5 spray cans of grey and half a can of brown.

Everyone that was at the lanes were appreciative of the efforts and the gentleman with his son on lane 2 actually helped paint one side of the barrier as I hit the other.

How can we get permanent signs for that flat area?

Last Edited:
Not sure on signage for the "parking area" but were they at least launching and shooting east?

Thank you for covering the tags, it's appreciated.

Today, I went to the lanes after my session with new gun owners at Salmonberry Pit.

I took care of all of the graffiti on the Jersey barriers and the big rock on lane 4 that was tagged.

As I was finishing up lane 3, I walked back to my truck and I thought people back there were just grilling and picnicking with a canopy, when I realized they were shooting shotgun with clay pigeons. If I had some Trash No Land brochures, I would have walked over there. I didn't feel comfortable talking to them without it.

I think permanent sign and appropriate use only examples would go a long way.

As for the graffiti, I used 1.5 spray cans of grey and half a can of brown.

Everyone that was at the lanes were appreciative of the efforts and the gentleman with his son on lane 2 actually helped paint one side of the barrier as I hit the other.

How can we get permanent signs for that flat area?
Nice work! Thank you! I try to get the sign up as soon as I can.

I saw them while waiting for lane 3. As far as directional safety goes, they were safely shooting to the northeast direction.

Regarding target shooting on public land, are the various rules "suggestions/recommendations", or are there actual laws we can cite?

Hi, I'm a new shooter and a buddy told me about this spot. I have a Sig p320 I'd like to get to know better. Not going to shoot a lot or distance. When I head up there, which lanes would be best for me to set up at? Oh, and I don't have a Subaru 4WD, only a old FWD Lexus sedan.

Hi, I'm a new shooter and a buddy told me about this spot. I have a Sig p320 I'd like to get to know better. Not going to shoot a lot or distance. When I head up there, which lanes would be best for me to set up at? Oh, and I don't have a Subaru 4WD, only a old FWD Lexus sedan.
Lanes 1 and 2 are set up for pistol only. I saw someone with a yaris last weekend.

Make sure to bring a tarp to catch your brass and make cleanup easier. Whatever you bring in, bring back out.

Be safe and have fun.

We posted a couple new signs up at north fork wolf creek. We replaced one someone decided to pull out of the ground, and shoot in an area that definitely wasn't a shooting lane... We cleared out quite a bit of garbage today. Overall was a good day. Let me know when you want to do it again Cogs, I may come out next weekend if I can find some more match ammo that is lol.

received_742480856552285.jpeg received_960881844324135.jpeg received_895564004287336.jpeg

I think the sooner we can get more lanes in the better, and likelyhood of less people shooting in areas they aren't suppose to. It was pretty busy up there today. I have no problem donating my time, and labor to help out. Let me know when I'll be there.

Resource discussions are for general chit-chat. Use the buttons near the top to ask a question or write a review for this resource.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top