JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
are we talking about this spot again?

1594408382546.png

are we talking about this spot again?

View attachment 720577
Yep, I personally haven't had anyone use this area when I've been on lane 3, and I like to think I'd say something if it did happen, but we must be careful when approaching somebody who's obviously already making poor decisions. It would make it easier, I think, if there was existing signage that we could point to when asking them to stop.

That is the lane everyone is talking about.

yeah, i made that photo after one of my first visits and noticed people shooting. I think additional signage was put there after my initial report. But looks like it's not enough to stop people shooting there. It's very scary. I wouldn't want to be on lane#3 or drive between #3 and #4 when someone is shooting there. I think not only saying "no shooting", we need a simple sign indicating that they'll be shooting towards the road, lanes, and PEOPLE. (i don't know how)

We need to get to the source of that picture and either remove that Lane #?? which is probably partially responsible for the increase in it's use, or change it to 'NOT a shooting lane".

source is me, i just use maps.google.com, zoom to the spot and added my text to it. and i've only posted here in this forum (this thread only, and twice. second time being just now).

unless my PC gets hacked... LOL! and i don't even have the original file anymore. I had to go back to find my old post to get that picture just to repost to ask the question.
That's a relieve, I was all in a panic this was in circulation, though it might not be bad if we could get in on Google maps that this area isn't a lane, but that would be asking a non-gun friendly organization for help making recreational shooting in the woods safer. I can hear the millennial's in Seattle getting triggered all the way down here :D

That's a relieve, I was all in a panic this was in circulation, though it might not be bad if we could get in on Google maps that this area isn't a lane, but that would be asking a non-gun friendly organization for help making recreational shooting in the woods safer. I can hear the millennial's in Seattle getting triggered all the way down here :D

maybe we can make another picture indicating the lanes and including this one marked as NOT A LANE and DANGEROUS. Then include that as the primary photo in this thread. Then next time we have a booth setup again, check and see how people are finding Wolf Creek and maybe reach out to that source.

maybe we can make another picture indicating the lanes and including this one marked as NOT A LANE and DANGEROUS. Then include that as the primary photo in this thread. Then next time we have a booth setup again, check and see how people are finding Wolf Creek and maybe reach out to that source.
Excellent idea !!!

Can someone take a real picture of that secret fake lane #3 please?

Where their talking about is right across the road from lane 3. It's not really a fake lane 3. it's not a lane at all. It's like a landing of sorts. People used to fling clay targets out over the drop-off for shot gunners, which was to the East. There's a low berm there that when shooting at it your basically shooting toward the road between lane 3 and 4. If a bullet were to go over that short berm it's going up toward lane 4.

Where their talking about is right across the road from lane 3. It's not really a fake lane 3. it's not a lane at all. It's like a landing of sorts. People used to fling clay targets out over the drop-off for shot gunners, which was to the East. There's a low berm there that when shooting at it your basically shooting toward the road between lane 3 and 4. If a bullet were to go over that short berm it's going up toward lane 4.

This the most accurate description of 'The Lane"

oh crap so you mean to tell me that we can't shoot there?! We need that signs immediately! Cause I totally could have hit people!

Resource discussions are for general chit-chat. Use the buttons near the top to ask a question or write a review for this resource.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top