JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
What's it like up there on weekdays? I'm planning on heading up around 8am this Wednesday to grab a lane for myself and a 3-5 co-workers. We're celebrating a buddy of mine who's leaving the command and I want to make sure we get a lane. Thanks!

In all seriousness, if you want to be sure to get either lane 3 or 4, you'll need to be up there before sun up. 6am to 6:30 would be pushing it. You could luck out and find one of these lanes open at 8am, but probably only if somebody's just left. I've been going to up there at least once a week early in the am on weekdays since mid April, and somebody's always on lanes 3 and 4 by 7am.

Wow no kidding? Guess I'll be up early then. I guess worst case scenario we head over to Salmonberry. Thanks for the feedback.

Just pretend like your going salmon fishing. You need to be out there to get a good spot in the "Hog Line". Only you don't need to be there quite as early as legal fishing/hour before sun-up. You hope. ;)

thinking of heading out tomorrow or thursday morning for some ladder tests and general blastery. Feel free to join me if you see the blue and white turbo van and a tall skinny guy.

Might be at the lanes, might be off Salmonberry somewhere.

8LP8, you on lane 3? I got to #2 about 6:45 and heard shooting there a few minutes later. Sounded fun lol.

Unfortunately I'm gunna have to give up on Lane 2 especially if I have the G Daughter with me. Smells why too much like an outhouse, plus there was a pile of people poo not 4' to the left of the barricade. To bad people are such pigs.

I was at Lane#2 today and can confirm no pile of poo.

The reason I bring this up is because i encountered a pile of poo on lane #3 earlier this year. These lanes seem to be a hotspot for people to take a poo.

20200630_135142.jpg

I was at Lane#2 today and can confirm no pile of poo.

The reason I bring this up is because i encountered a pile of poo on lane #3 earlier this year. These lanes seem to be a hotspot for people to take a poo.

View attachment 716777

It baffles the mind the sort of 'skid row' behavior we're seeing up at the lanes. The number of pop-up 'fire pits', and I use the word pit very loosely since it doesn't appear that containment is a consideration, that are showing up at the lanes, in particular the ones in front of the jersey barriers, is a relatively recent development as is the highly localized defecating. The rain does help I think to clear and contain some of this, but with hotter and drier weather afoot, I suspect both issues will intensify. Maybe if we dug a big enough hole for them to crap in, the worst of them will fall in :D

I would suspect that it's the night scavengers (or those that come out from under the rocks to grab spent brass when nobody is around) and not the shooters doing most of the dumping... but then that kind of thinking would probably be considered profiling, which is frowned upon in certain circles.

Mike

I suspect the night time party crowd. Fire to keep warm right next to where you mix guns and alcohol. You don't want to wander off too far in the darkness to poop, so, just do it close.

No experience with this. Just a guess!

I suspect the night time party crowd. Fire to keep warm right next to where you mix guns and alcohol. You don't want to wander off too far in the darkness to poop, so, just do it close.

No experience with this. Just a guess!

Sounds like an appeal to the relevant county sheriff's department to make the occasional trip up to the lanes after dark may be in order.

The random fire pits are a problem anywhere people shoot on public lands.
They build them where you traditionally park, right in the middle of where targets are set and right where you walk to service targets.

Oh and then they love to burn pallets which means thousands of nails where you park or drive.

Some fools actually burned a tire in the middle of my spot in the past few weeks.

I have made many of these "fire pits" disappear.

Maybe if we all dug out our pink Izod polo's and stood around with AR's, holding them like it's the first time, we could intimidate them into going elsewhere :D

Last Edited:
Sounds like an appeal to the relevant county sheriff's department to make the occasional trip up to the lanes after dark may be in order.
I have met Tillamook CS, Washington CS & OSP out there before (but not as often as I'd like to see them there). Some just cruise the lanes and a couple were off duty shooting. It's always good to see them there and yes, encourage them to come give a look see when ever they can!

Resource discussions are for general chit-chat. Use the buttons near the top to ask a question or write a review for this resource.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top