JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
yea I knew that, sun rise was 5:21 today. I looked before i went. I left at 4am got there at 5am, cleaned up a bit, set up my targets. set up my station. Pew Pew Pew.. cleaned up my shells, cleaned up my stands and gathered my paper targets and left. a nice couple arrived right before I spent my last mag. going back tomorrow.

yea I knew that, sun rise was 5:21 today. I looked before i went. I left at 4am got there at 5am, cleaned up a bit, set up my targets. set up my station. Pew Pew Pew.. cleaned up my shells, cleaned up my stands and gathered my paper targets and left. a nice couple arrived right before I spent my last mag. going back tomorrow.
Pretty nice to have your pick of the lanes! Glad you had fun. Thanks for the cleanup!

And welcome to NWFA!

8LP8, you on lane 3? I got to #2 about 6:45 and heard shooting there a few minutes later. Sounded fun lol.

Unfortunately I'm gunna have to give up on Lane 2 especially if I have the G Daughter with me. Smells why too much like an outhouse, plus there was a pile of people poo not 4' to the left of the barricade. To bad people are such pigs.

8LP8, you on lane 3? I got to #2 about 6:45 and heard shooting there a few minutes later. Sounded fun lol.

Unfortunately I'm gunna have to give up on Lane 2 especially if I have the G Daughter with me. Smells why too much like an outhouse, plus there was a pile of people poo not 4' to the left of the barricade. To bad people are such pigs.
I'll try to come by this weekend with a shovel and get rid of the smell

We should get used to packing the shovel every time we go out because it's required when the fire season starts. Also, 1 to 2 gallons water or a fire extinguisher.

(Sorry, just couldn't pass an opportunity to promote the fire prevention equipment!) :)

Busy day!
Got there about 8:30 and all the lanes were full, luckily someone finished up shortly thereafter and we were able to hang out on Lane 2 for awhile.

Managed to pick up a lot of 12 gauge shells as well as random cardboard and ammo boxes on our way out. Wasn't in too bad of shape.

QYbumtv.jpg

Busy day!
Got there about 8:30 and all the lanes were full, luckily someone finished up shortly thereafter and we were able to hang out on Lane 2 for awhile.

Managed to pick up a lot of 12 gauge shells as well as random cardboard and ammo boxes on our way out. Wasn't in too bad of shape.

View attachment 713828
Thanks, Somo, it should stay that way if we each do a little here and there.

wow, looks like i missed a lot since my last post!

looks like weekday is pretty easy to getting a lane. we usually make it up there around 8am on weekend. was up at lane#4 last Thursday around 10am. A large group was there right before my family and I got there. we were able to setup while they were packing up. they were doing some good clean up too!

towards the second half we ran into Steve Bright from Blackstone Gun Safety. very nice gentleman. he was there early to setup and just waiting for the lane. He wasn't rushing us and in fact he almost left but I offered to share lane as #4 is pretty big and it's just wife and I and my 2 kids. while he waited, he gave us some good shooting tips as he observe our shooting. very down to earth and made no assumption on our understanding on firearms. First time out with my Stoeger m3000 after the mag extension tube install and having some issue cycling. we had some good exchange on sharing some diagnostic/trouble shooting ideas, etc.

I *think* i finally have my target setup down with both gongs and paper for quick setup and take down.

QUESTION:
1) Is clay thrower/shooting allowed at this location?
2) anyone found an AR500 1/2" circular gong at lane 3 on/after 6/5/20? I think i might left one on the ground or something... :(

Went out there this morning about 9:30am and only Lane 4 was open. I felt kind of like that was overkill for my 10-15 yard pistol shooting but went ahead and setup to the right side. I had another fellow come by as I was ready to shoot asking if he could share the lane and it worked out well. As I was finishing up another party showed up and wanted to shoot but I asked them to wait as I was leaving shortly. Everyone seemed to work together to make it safe. I will say someone previously left quite a stack of ammo boxes and trays on the barrier. I forgot to put a trash bag in my box so it stayed.:( I'm going to put a box of trash bags in the truck so it doesn't happen again.

Note: As I was leaving I passed a State Forestry truck heading in.

Last Edited:
I've been up there almost every weekend the past several months. I've only been denied sharing lane 3 or 4, once. I usually just go to lane 4 and if there's only 1 group there I'll ask if they can share. If there's 2 groups, I'll just chill and wait. Hopefully, no one has felt rushed.
Ironically, the one time I was asked to wait was when sharing would have been the easiest. I saw a couple targets set up on the rifle and pistol side of lane 4, and a couple guys were shooting at the target that was set up on the far right of the pistol berm. They asked me to wait because they would be done soon. No problem, since it looked like they were using both sides. Turns out they were only shooting pistols at the far right target. Even then, not really an issue since they probably didn't want to wait on me setting up targets and such. Only issue was that no targets were taken down when they left. Not even the one they were shooting at. The picture shows what the range looked like. The only thing that's mine are the steel targets in the very back. This is one day after cogs and cosimel cleaned up

3BA2DCAD-9DBA-487B-AD53-3FE796A5C538.jpeg

I've been up there almost every weekend the past several months. I've only been denied sharing lane 3 or 4, once. I usually just go to lane 4 and if there's only 1 group there I'll ask if they can share. If there's 2 groups, I'll just chill and wait. Hopefully, no one has felt rushed.
Ironically, the one time I was asked to wait was when sharing would have been the easiest. I saw a couple targets set up on the rifle and pistol side of lane 4, and a couple guys were shooting at the target that was set up on the far right of the pistol berm. They asked me to wait because they would be done soon. No problem, since it looked like they were using both sides. Turns out they were only shooting pistols at the far right target. Even then, not really an issue since they probably didn't want to wait on me setting up targets and such. Only issue was that no targets were taken down when they left. Not even the one they were shooting at. The picture shows what the range looked like. The only thing that's mine are the steel targets in the very back. This is one day after cogs and cosimel cleaned up

View attachment 714129

not very nice for not cleaning up. however, on the sharing lane thing, i can understand. when i first started with my kids, 9yo and 7yo, i invited my friend to come along and he refused. mind you that i've known this guy before i had kids and he hung out with my kids since they were little babies. after he knows my kids can handle well with the firearms, he came out with us. some people just not comfortable shooting with other as not knowing how the person/group handle their firearms.

not very nice for not cleaning up. however, on the sharing lane thing, i can understand. when i first started with my kids, 9yo and 7yo, i invited my friend to come along and he refused. mind you that i've known this guy before i had kids and he hung out with my kids since they were little babies. after he knows my kids can handle well with the firearms, he came out with us. some people just not comfortable shooting with other as not knowing how the person/group handle their firearms.

It is always on my mind, and should always be while recreational shooting on non-monitored public lands, that I might run into to a person or persons who are for any number of reasons bad news. Mostly I'm concerned about people being unsafe, but hot heads are not unheard of on the lanes these days. The tweaker/brass collector types regularly appearing all day long serves as a reminder that this site is known in lower circles and the possibility of criminal elements finding their way up there looking for what you have is real. Fortunately, in over three years of regularly visiting and staying informed on the status of the lanes, I've not encountered or heard of any such activity, the worst I've run into is a lack of courtesy, and the occasional unfriendly attitudes. I've been nearly 100% successful at asking to join others and one of the things I enjoy most about the lanes is meeting really good people.

View attachment 714129
I would have grabbed their license plate number and then maybe I could coax someone in Dept. of Forestry or LE to give them a call.
And explain to them how we do things around here.
Then word gets out that people are watching and possibly we may change some behaviors.

Just because Daddy did it and Grampa did it, doesn't make it right.
It's a handed down behavior......let's break the chain.

ETA:
Some be like : "Yeah right, like some cop is going to make that call."
Well, maybe if you get to the right official, perhaps someone who has witnessed our cleanups and understands our plight, maybe that official just might make that call.

Last Edited:
QUESTION:
1) Is clay thrower/shooting allowed at this location?
2) anyone found an AR500 1/2" circular gong at lane 3 on/after 6/5/20? I think i might left one on the ground or something... :(
A thrower would be fine (or at least I haven't seen/heard an official 'NO' about it). Just don't shoot far left or right (might rain pellets on a car or another lane!).
Cosimel and I did a cleanup of lane 3 on the 13th and didn't find the gong, so, it disappeared shortly after you left it, I'm sure.

A thrower would be fine (or at least I haven't seen/heard an official 'NO' about it). Just don't shoot far left or right (might rain pellets on a car or another lane!).
Cosimel and I did a cleanup of lane 3 on the 13th and didn't find the gong, so, it disappeared shortly after you left it, I'm sure.

Thank you @Cogs !

I got a good deal on the gong set, 50$ for 5 pc set of AR500 1/2" thick. So not too bad.

What's it like up there on weekdays? I'm planning on heading up around 8am this Wednesday to grab a lane for myself and a 3-5 co-workers. We're celebrating a buddy of mine who's leaving the command and I want to make sure we get a lane. Thanks!

Resource discussions are for general chit-chat. Use the buttons near the top to ask a question or write a review for this resource.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top