JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Awesome! Can I call you "My Bad"?!!!

First booth may be in a couple weeks. I'm going to try to put one together in the Yacolt Burn for this weekend and then I'll be ready for one in the Tillamook SF. Let's do our first one at North Fork Wolf Creek Lanes. Kind of thinking at the bottom of the hill where the road forks off to the lanes. If there's room for a 10x10 canopy, that would be an ideal location because we could cover those going to the lanes and those going further up Wolf Creek Rd.

Would be good to have 3 of us so we can trade off between going shooting and booth duty. Probably set up as early as we can on a Sat or Sun and work it till around 12 or 1 pm.

I'll post when. Thanks again My Bad!,

Bill

There is actually a turn out space about 50 yards before the turn off to the lanes, it's on the left side of the road going up, but has a lot more space than at lane's road. Just an idea.

There is actually a turn out space about 50 yards before the turn off to the lanes, it's on the left side of the road going up, but has a lot more space than at lane's road. Just an idea.
Yeah, we might have to do that. We'll need some space to park our own vehicles and a couple extras. That pull out where we always park the dumpster is a good big area.

Yeah, we might have to do that. We'll need some space to park our own vehicles and a couple extras. That pull out where we always park the dumpster is a good big area.

So I totally messed up, I thought I'd planned a well deserved weekend away from home this weekend, but I guess for some damn reason it's actually the weekend of June 6th, so I won't be able to volunteer that weekend :(

Well wouldn't you know it... WA Dept of Natural Resources called me and asked NOT to do the Info Center booth this weekend in the Yacolt Burn State Forest. They said they are not allowing any volunteer programs until they reach phase III. I tried to argue that this isn't a volunteer group, but rather just a couple guys doing a different kind of recreational activity... helping others to be responsible. Still, the answer was no, not now. I was nice and pleasant and said okay and shifted my attention to Tillamook SF.

So, I'm open for this weekend at North Fork Wolf Creek Lanes! So far, ODF has not said no, (however I haven't talked to them yet). I have a call in but haven't gotten a return call yet, so, I'm thinking just do it and apologize later if it's not okay.

As of now, Friday evening, I'm planning on setting up the info center booth at 8 am on Sunday, May 31st, on North Fork Wolf Creek Road, just before the turn off to the lanes. I need at least one other volunteer to join me... 2 others would be best.

I would rather set up the booth at the Wye where it splits to the lanes because we would have more people stop. If we locate the booth before the split we may miss a few folks because they are in a hurry to get there and claim a lane and will not want to pull off the road and watch someone else go by to take a possible open lane. So if we can, put the booth at the Wye and do a 'Drive through booth. They can stay in their car while we give them info and say an encouraging word or two. No one can get past them because they will be blocking the road. We will also be able to get info into the hands of others who go further up Wolf Creek Rd. Like a left and right drive thru kiosk.

Open carry preferred at this one! Post up to let me know who can do it this Sunday. I really don't like being the only one there! (Well, Walther is comforting to have with me but he doesn't talk often! He only speaks, loudly, in a threatening emergency situation!)

Thanks,

Bill

Wife's got an ultrasound in Portland, otherwise I'd be there bill.
Opps, now I see that to be; the ultrasound is on Sunday. Best wishes to you and her. Thanks for being willing to help.

For those who wonder... This is the Prize of Reno's life...

This lady.jpg

Well wouldn't you know it... WA Dept of Natural Resources called me and asked NOT to do the Info Center booth this weekend in the Yacolt Burn State Forest. They said they are not allowing any volunteer programs until they reach phase III. I tried to argue that this isn't a volunteer group, but rather just a couple guys doing a different kind of recreational activity... helping others to be responsible. Still, the answer was no, not now. I was nice and pleasant and said okay and shifted my attention to Tillamook SF.

So, I'm open for this weekend at North Fork Wolf Creek Lanes! So far, ODF has not said no, (however I haven't talked to them yet). I have a call in but haven't gotten a return call yet, so, I'm thinking just do it and apologize later if it's not okay.

As of now, Friday evening, I'm planning on setting up the info center booth at 8 am on Sunday, May 31st, on North Fork Wolf Creek Road, just before the turn off to the lanes. I need at least one other volunteer to join me... 2 others would be best.

I would rather set up the booth at the Wye where it splits to the lanes because we would have more people stop. If we locate the booth before the split we may miss a few folks because they are in a hurry to get there and claim a lane and will not want to pull off the road and watch someone else go by to take a possible open lane. So if we can, put the booth at the Wye and do a 'Drive through booth. They can stay in their car while we give them info and say an encouraging word or two. No one can get past them because they will be blocking the road. We will also be able to get info into the hands of others who go further up Wolf Creek Rd. Like a left and right drive thru kiosk.

Open carry preferred at this one! Post up to let me know who can do it this Sunday. I really don't like being the only one there! (Well, Walther is comforting to have with me but he doesn't talk often! He only speaks, loudly, in a threatening emergency situation!)

Thanks,

Bill
Anyone joining me tomorrow?

The Info Center booth went great! We talked with over 60 people, in about 30 vehicles and had a good time! Great conversations in between visitors!

Thank you, @DirectDrive , for joining me today. Us Washington boys get er done! :)

Full story on our Blog: https://trashnoland.blogspot.com/2020/05/info-center-kiosk-in-woods.html

5-31-20 Info Center Wolf Creek 1.jpg

5-31-20 Info Center Wolf Creek 2.jpg

5-31-20 Info Center Wolf Creek 3.jpg

5-31-20 Info Center Wolf Creek 4.jpg

5-31-20 Info Center Wolf Creek 5.jpg

5-31-20 Info Center Wolf Creek 6.jpg

5-31-20 Info Center Wolf Creek 7.jpg

To keep this going, we need volunteers to schedule and man a booth every so often. Pick your favorite forest and contact me for help getting the stock you need.

BTW, everyone we talked to we asked and/or told about the Northwest Firearms forum. Several were fellow members and we may even see some new members pop up! Win Win for all of us!

It's true, I have a "Duck Tail" hairdo now with my COVID self-inflicted hair clipping program.
I'm tellin' ya, the Duck Tail and the Mullet are making a comeback in the COVID era !
(not really a good thing)

:p

ETA
It was good to visit with Cogs and to promote good stewardship in the forest.

Resource discussions are for general chit-chat. Use the buttons near the top to ask a question or write a review for this resource.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top