JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yes, that is the first time i've fired that Garand, @Velzey refinished it (metal work) a few years ago, and embarrassingly, it's taken until now before i got out with it :( :oops:

I used some Federal either 150 or 180, and some HXP 77 stamped stuff. It throws the brass mainly to the 2pm area, i had a few to the 5pm area, of which i managed to deftly strike my Wife with one :D

View attachment 680322View attachment 680323

I also use the Garand Gear ported plug, so i don't have to piss around with adjusting it whilst using regular off the shelf ammo. Ported Gas Plug
Dang. Drool, want!!! :eek:

Obviously this was break in as well, i've got to pull it down and clean off the parking where needed i think, have to check on that. Some of my cases have a flat on the neck, but i don't know if that's from landing on the ground or what.

Your's isn't new is it. Is that a CMP gun? If so I'd think those parts would have a few miles on them. Mine have that same flat on the neck. Not bad at all. It would straighten right out with the sizing die.

Your's isn't new is it. Is that a CMP gun? If so I'd think those parts would have a few miles on them. Mine have that same flat on the neck. Not bad at all. It would straighten right out with the sizing die.
Oh Lord no, mine's a '42 receiver and a '51 barrel. @Velzey re-parked the whole thing and i stripped and re-did the wood. It was the cheaper option when i bought it, as i chickened out of the nicer model for more money, if i did it all again, i think i would have gone through buying the nicer one.

Oh Lord no, mine's a '42 receiver and a '51 barrel. @Velzey re-parked the whole thing and i stripped and re-did the wood. It was the cheaper option when i bought it, as i chickened out of the nicer model for more money, if i did it all again, i think i would have gone through buying the nicer one.

It's a thing of beauty regardless. I'm kind of hoping I'll be able to get an original sometime. I can appreciate any dings and dents because of the story they hold. Good measurements on muzzle are of importance to me though.

This is mine. Keep in mind the only American original parts are the barrel and receiver. Everything else is new old stock. The stock is a reproduction too.
1586268988267.png

I know what you need now! A little brother for your Garand! An M1 Carbine!

Well, I had money in an 03A3, gosh that was a pretty gun.....:( But after ten or so shots I was flinching like a stunned cat. Damn bony shoulder. I added some $$ to the 03a3 for the Garand.
You reminded me that my 03A3 is due to go out next as i haven't fired that either :( :oops:

Heading out in the am, plan on getting there around 715/730 silver tundra come say hello, share, takeover the lane afterwards. Buddy has a new S&W 40 he wants to get dirty, I'll be sending a few of my own as well.

my family and I went out yesterday (Sunday) and it was great! We made it there right before 9am, but all lanes were already taken. Some folks were waiting for lane #2 and lane #4 looked like the dad/son just got there and setting up. Since it's first time visit for us, figure we would drive to Salmonberry and check that spot out. Lanes were also fully taken at Salmonberry, but it was good to check things out.

We drove back to Wolf Creek to chance it and even thinking of waiting for someone to finish. Guys at Lane #3 offered to share with us and we took it. Those two gentlemen were very nice and respectful all around. It made it much more comfortable for us as I was there teaching my two young boys to shoot and it's been a long time for the wife to handle a firearm as well.

As we were leaving i noticed someone shooting in this spot "lane #??" and shooting towards the road. Is that even a lane/pit?

1588032832713.png

Wow...that's the barbecue spot. We had the grill set up there during the last clean up. There really isn't any good back stop.

If anyone sees this, please ask them to stop. Invoke the "I read on the NWFA forum" if you need to.

Resource discussions are for general chit-chat. Use the buttons near the top to ask a question or write a review for this resource.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top