JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Sounds like I could go fishing if I wanted to as well then. Don't know why it was necessary for me to receive travel papers to get to work if I can just claim "I'm out for a hike"...
Thanks for the can of worms Kate Brown!
:rolleyes:

Can use this as a guide regarding outdoors shooting... Looks like it's not an issue...

Can use this as a guide regarding outdoors shooting... Looks like it's not an issue...

Great information! I will use my weekends to recreate!

Thanks nammac! Good find. Glad to know we can go do what we know is right and good.

I picked up on the note about not needing a letter from your employer that you are essential. Good to know. I work HVAC and my company feels we are essential because we keep the heat on and provide air quality. Our company hasn't done a letter yet but we were talking about that today. I may not need one after all because I'll probably be laid off tomorrow or so. Just not enough businesses open and of those that are, most don't want us coming in to do a routine maintenance. We combat that with a response about keeping their filters clean for air quality. (@Stomper , how bout you?)

So, in between a home remodel project I have going on, I just might find a little time to squeeze off a few rounds in the woods.

What about salmonberry road, can we still go there to shoot? I needed to re zero one of my reddot on my glock in case shtf. The indoor pistol range I normally go to is closed.

There's really nothing there to close for Salmonberry. Neither entrances off 26 have gates, plus no one really goes down those roads. The gates I've seen driving around the backroads there are the ones the logging companies put up at No Shooting areas

Thanks nammac! Good find. Glad to know we can go do what we know is right and good.

I picked up on the note about not needing a letter from your employer that you are essential. Good to know. I work HVAC and my company feels we are essential because we keep the heat on and provide air quality. Our company hasn't done a letter yet but we were talking about that today. I may not need one after all because I'll probably be laid off tomorrow or so. Just not enough businesses open and of those that are, most don't want us coming in to do a routine maintenance. We combat that with a response about keeping their filters clean for air quality. (@Stomper , how bout you?)

So, in between a home remodel project I have going on, I just might find a little time to squeeze off a few rounds in the woods.

Hey Bill,

Yeah, we got a letter from Kroger mentioning my company as critical in supporting their operation, and my employer just sent out on company letterhead (in an email) outlying our "essentialness".... LOL.

I don't do too many filter PM's these days as I have "minions" under me to do that stuff, but I'm keeping busy working on chillers and boilers for Intel and over at PDX, and I'm currently rebuilding a steam condensate return pump at LGS Skychefs. My "minions" are working on PM's and needed repairs on some of the schools while they're shut down.

My employer also obtained an arrangement with the state of Oregon for up to 80 hours of (full pay scale) "fill in" pay for each employee for every hour our workers are under 40 hours in a week, but they have to work at least 20hrs a week to qualify for it. That's a sweet deal of a safety net, except I had over 10hrs OT last week, and I already have 2hrs OT for this week and it's not even Wednesday.... no "free money" for me yet! I'd just as soon not collect it anyway.

With my backlog of work, this pandemic may be over before I need to tap into that "fill in" pay, let alone my "vacation fund" savings. We'd be going to Australia the middle of next month to get my 92yr old MIL's house sold off, but that's been put on hold because of the quarantines and such.... maybe in May/June.

First World problems, eh? :rolleyes:

Hey Bill,

Yeah, we got a letter from Kroger mentioning my company as critical in supporting their operation, and my employer just sent out on company letterhead (in an email) outlying our "essentialness".... LOL.

I don't do too many filter PM's these days as I have "minions" under me to do that stuff, but I'm keeping busy working on chillers and boilers for Intel and over at PDX, and I'm currently rebuilding a steam condensate return pump at LGS Skychefs. My "minions" are working on PM's and needed repairs on some of the schools while they're shut down.

My employer also obtained an arrangement with the state of Oregon for up to 80 hours of (full pay scale) "fill in" pay for each employee for every hour our workers are under 40 hours in a week, but they have to work at least 20hrs a week to qualify for it. That's a sweet deal of a safety net, except I had over 10hrs OT last week, and I already have 2hrs OT for this week and it's not even Wednesday.... no "free money" for me yet! I'd just as soon not collect it anyway.

With my backlog of work, this pandemic may be over before I need to tap into that "fill in" pay, let alone my "vacation fund" savings. We'd be going to Australia the middle of next month to get my 92yr old MIL's house sold off, but that's been put on hold because of the quarantines and such.... maybe in May/June.

First World problems, eh? :rolleyes:
Good to hear you're in a good position. Slow down now, you'll get done too soon! ;)

State forests are OPEN.

State parks are closed.

The lanes are not a State park.

Long story short, YES they are open.

Roads are muddy.

Time lapse video on how to get to the shooting lanes at north fork wolf creek road for newbs reuploaded. Happy safe shooting!

Thanks. Great video and music!love the Metal Gear Solid alert sound at the end lol. Really helps visualize it. Are their any target boxes/stands that you can staple a target to?

Resource discussions are for general chit-chat. Use the buttons near the top to ask a question or write a review for this resource.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top