JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Deputy asked if it was his too, Bozo responded "Nooooo, that's not mine." Deputy reminded him it was legal now. Bozo then said "Well maybe my brother's." Took the weed and guns after he had made an accurate description, we confirmed he was the last vehicle we saw headed down and the guns came back clean.
Honestly that's how it should be, but not necessarily how it is (at least federally).
:s0114:
Seems to me like a fun time!

Curious... Even though I disagree with having the question on the form and current federal regulations, isn't gun ownership and marijuana use a federal offense/felony?

Glad Bozo went back up for his firearms!

Curious... Even though I disagree with having the question on the form and current federal regulations, isn't gun ownership and marijuana use a federal offense/felony?

Glad Bozo went back up for his firearms!
Good question. I tried to search it, but ran out of time. I think I'd tend to default to the Fed side... That it's illegal (even though States say it's legal). Either way, I wouldn't want to be in that situation!

Side Note: (Funny this situation came up, about pot and firearms)... Last week I lent a neighbor my camera for taking photos of a car he had for sale. A couple days later I get the camera back. Then I take the camera to the cleanup at Wolf Creek last Saturday. I get home and sort through (reorganize) the camera bag, and low-and-behold, there is a pot pipe in one of the pockets! So I calls him up and sure enough, he left it there. Geez! I been wondering about the legalities of this issue ever since. If it came down to it, it's my word over the evidence found. Who they gonna believe? Kinda glad that stuff doesn't work for me anymore!

Good question. I tried to search it, but ran out of time. I think I'd tend to default to the Fed side... That it's illegal (even though States say it's legal). Either way, I wouldn't want to be in that situation!

Side Note: (Funny this situation came up, about pot and firearms)... Last week I lent a neighbor my camera for taking photos of a car he had for sale. A couple days later I get the camera back. Then I take the camera to the cleanup at Wolf Creek last Saturday. I get home and sort through (reorganize) the camera bag, and low-and-behold, there is a pot pipe in one of the pockets! So I calls him up and sure enough, he left it there. Geez! I been wondering about the legalities of this issue ever since. If it came down to it, it's my word over the evidence found. Who they gonna believe? Kinda glad that stuff doesn't work for me anymore!
Just be glad it's legal and the guy had little reason to deny your story. Helps that you have pictures on your camera that he took (unless he used his own SD card, which is common now days)... still a tough cookie that ought not to be any concern to anyone.

Morning all, been a while since I've been out to the range, you guys think it will be busy this morning? And also any other ranges you recommend other than here and browns camp.. just wana sight in a new rifle and get some rounds in. About 5 of us going so any other options and thoughts would be appreciated!

Morning all, been a while since I've been out to the range, you guys think it will be busy this morning? And also any other ranges you recommend other than here and browns camp.. just wana sight in a new rifle and get some rounds in. About 5 of us going so any other options and thoughts would be appreciated!

Well, I'd say it's a pretty sure thing at this point that lanes 3 and 4 have been in occupied for an hour or more at this time.

Brisk AM at the lanes today. On the way in there's a sign at the gate announcing lane closures for road work starting this week. It starts tomorrow 3/2 - I don't remember the estimated end date.

Brisk AM at the lanes today. On the way in there's a sign at the gate announcing lane closures for road work starting this week. It starts tomorrow 3/2 - I don't remember the estimated end date.
Lanes are open Fri, Sat & Sun. Then closed next Mon - Thurs. After that, they should be open as normal, 7 days/week.

I'm planning on stopping by on Sat afternoon to see how they're doing with the road work. I'll be the guy with the brochure in hand and a big smile on my face! :)

Stopped by the lanes today. They've brushed out the roadway on both sides. Makes it all look bigger without so much brush next to the road. They added and enlarged a turnout or two. Will be nice to get the gravel down next week. We're also going to try and get them to scrape back the gravel on the berms at lane 3 while they're there (the top edge of the concrete eco blocks are starting to show because of people walking on the berms).

Met some really nice folks at each lane. Not too busy today either.

SHOOTING LANES CLOSURE EXTENSION!!!

The site maintenance closure for the N. Fork Wolf Creek Target Shooting Lanes has been extended through 3:00 PM on Friday, March 13, 2020. (They were scheduled to be done by Thursday the 12th at 5).

The heavy equipment operators will be completing road brushing and upgrade work in the area so even if the gate is open, the site is closed until 3:00 PM on Friday, March 13, 2020.

Thanks for your cooperation!

I was out there last night, obviously the gate was closed and I was planning on a site farther down Wolf Creek that worked out fine, but from what I saw as I passed, the initial part of the road up to the lanes looks awesome. Can't wait to get back up the lanes !!!!!

So I was up on lane #2 at sunrise and enjoyed not having to creep up the initial part of the road to the lanes in first gear. Word of warning though, they laid the gravel pretty thick and it'll be loose for a while before it's compressed down leaving a rather steep roll off at the sides of the road now. Of particular concern was the bend in the road to the right as you first approach lane #1, the trench to the right of the road is very steep, deep, and a whole lot of loose gravel. I cut it short with my rear right wheel which started to slide into the ditch. If it weren't for all-wheel drive on my Outback, I'd probably would have been stuck there until somebody with a winch could pull me out. Don't know how the road is up to lane #3 and 4 since I stopped at #2, but what I saw looked good, and they did clear a lot of the foliage from the side of the road, you can see people coming around the corner from lane 3 while shooting at #2.

So I was up on lane #2 at sunrise and enjoyed not having to creep up the initial part of the road to the lanes in first gear. Word of warning though, they laid the gravel pretty thick and it'll be loose for a while before it's compressed down leaving a rather steep roll off at the sides of the road now. Of particular concern was the bend in the road to the right as you first approach lane #1, the trench to the right of the road is very steep, deep, and a whole lot of loose gravel. I cut it short with my rear right wheel which started to slide into the ditch. If it weren't for all-wheel drive on my Outback, I'd probably would have been stuck there until somebody with a winch could pull me out. Don't know how the road is up to lane #3 and 4 since I stopped at #2, but what I saw looked good, and they did clear a lot of the foliage from the side of the road, you can see people coming around the corner from lane 3 while shooting at #2.
Thanks for the report. Was really hoping to hear about the rest of the road and if they raked back the gravel at lane 3. Perhaps someone else was there this weekend.

Yeah...Intergrity is a two sided sword for me. On one hand I think "if that careless,they deserve to loose it". One could say, but what if it was grandpas...what if it was a gift from the wife? Well... take even more care of it then. $200 guns id probably turn in. If it was something real special...maaaayybbe it would disappear.
Could always wait for a gun buyback and move them that way!

So, I was able to leave work early today so I headed up to the lanes and ended up on lane three. @Cogs will be happy, it indeed appears they did raked the gravel on lane 3

. 620819-57547dcf46db7faaa0907fe9d2e7837a.jpg

620821-47b177e70472c91c30e83b5a76c65399.jpg

After I was done I drove up to lane 4. There are now two decent sized turn-outs on the way up, and one just before lane 3 on the way down.

I don't know what happened on lane 3 during the day, but I almost filled a bucket with just 9mm brass !!!!! Since you can't find any factory 9mm anywhere in town, I'll happily take all that brass :D

620822-7347104a54b712ff8b807aca6b552b99.jpg

Resource discussions are for general chit-chat. Use the buttons near the top to ask a question or write a review for this resource.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top