JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
10x14 or 4x5? Either size is less than $3.00 each. We could do 1 small one at each lane on the kiosk sign or just do 1 large one down at the gate on the post. Cameras to follow soon, or we might be able to put 1 or 2 along with the sign.
Cameral Sign.jpg

The only way I think we could not so much restrict access, but control it with consequences, should the State handle this like they do the RV parts they run. People can only enter via a gated and manned entry point where the State employees would make a copy of their driver's license and the vehicle license plate, a fee would then be collected and they would be assigned a 'spot'. It would be the responsibility of the person who's license and license plate number were taken to 'check out' when finished, otherwise any damaged found (most likely by the person(s) assigned that 'spot' next) would be their financial responsibility (do to the 'agreement' they signed to get said 'spot'). In theory this could work, since it works at all the State run RV parts all around the State, but I suspect that's because of the shear volume of RV'ers using these sites. I don't know if this would be the case at the lanes unless the entry point is at the turn off at HWY 26 and many, many more lanes were developed. But, in theory, this could work without the need for RSO's and other restrictions on 'legit' activities at the 'spot' that you simply can't do at privately ran ranges. The start-up cost would be substantial and this is certainly not the political climate to try and sell this idea, I'm afraid, but in theory, if they built it, it would work.

10x14 or 4x5? Either size is less than $3.00 each. We could do 1 small one at each lane on the kiosk sign or just do 1 large one down at the gate on the post. Cameras to follow soon, or we might be able to put 1 or 2 along with the sign.
View attachment 647033
Unfortunately those pictograph sign we had made and mounted onto the jersey barriers are gone; I feel this or any 'signage' would simply disappear.

Unfortunately those pictograph sign we had made and mounted onto the jersey barriers are gone; I feel this or any 'signage' would simply disappear.
Well, they lasted longer than I thought. I have 1 left and can purchase more. The run about $35 each, if I remember right. These were compliments of Trash No Land supporters (ODF did not order, design, pay for or install the signs). Thanks.

I wasn't really going to post anything about this "next" in a line of continuous "next" incident up at Wolf Creek. However after realizing that this thread is hitting 100 pages. I figured what the hell.

If you go back to page one you'll see I was part of this from the very beginning.

Sadly I've greatly distance myself from this and much to do with keeping up on recreational shooting on public lands.

Not that I've simply lost care, I still care, sort of. It's just not the same as I once did.

Funny how my perspective has changed over these years.

If anything, I've learned that our hobby of recreational shooting is outdated and full of individuals that flat out refuse to change.

Even folks here on NWFA openly admit on a regular basis that they see absolutely nothing wrong with shooting remnants of trash or simply trash, so long as it is picked up. Regardless of the image it portrays.

I have joined a popular gun club in the area. Tri County. I haven't looked back. Sadly, even at this club, there are members that simply don't care, yes within a club that people wait years to join and pay lots of money in dues to be able to frequent, they outright don't give two sh1ts about leaving behind their shot up targets. Yes these targets are only paper for the most part, yes the club has folks that regularly clean up the ranges, it just kind of opened my eyes really. That even at this club, there are parts of this group of gun owners that just don't see it as their problem to have to clean up after themselves.

Anyways, back to Wolf Creek.

I, for one, hope the ODF pushes fees and more regulations at this point. It is clear now, at least to me, that there are a greater number that don't care and refuses to change than there are that do and are willing to make changes to continue the ability to recreated on public lands.

The thing that really saddens me is that after I left Trash No Land, and stopped being the beacon for these lanes, no one stepped up to replace me. Randy at ODF has also noticed this and frankly, besides his disappointment of me, isn't all that excited that not a single sole is at least trying to get these lanes moving in the directionthey once were.

Im not one bit in regret about the time I spent working to improve the ability to shoot on public lands, at the same time I'm not in regret walking away from it all either. In fact I feel like a burden has been lifted from my shoulders.

I really really hope someone takes the initiative to get out there and get these lanes back on track, I know @Cogs is just logistical in a bad location to do this, and he is already stretched ridiculously thin.

Last Edited:
We've created a monster! And it's alive!

Still, I love it! So much better than just any old place in the brush. It has done a lot of good for recreational shooting in several ways...
  • has lessened the potential for wildfires,
  • created a more unified shooting community,
  • instilled a greater sense of ownership for many,
  • improved public & personal safety,
  • lessened the pressure on undesirable places to shoot,
  • lessened some conflicts with other kinds of recreation users in other areas,
  • has converted a few irresponsible shooters to more responsible ones,
  • many kids and new shooters had their first and good experiences at this quality place to shoot,
  • new friendships have been made.
  • (probably more good things happen there that I can't think of right now).
We'll always have a few problems crop up every so often, but that happens everywhere. At least it's at a place where we all hear about it right away, know where it is and can take prompt action to show our stewardship for the place.

Now that it's so popular, we need other places improved to help lessen the pressure at Wolf Creek Lanes. It's like the first 4x4 or MC trail. Just one isn't enough! Now look at all of them!

Yes, I think this monster is the right thing to create and we should make more! Best way to do that is to take care of what we have and push for more, even when we don't like what some jerks do up there.

I really value that place and value all the efforts that @Reno , @bolus and others have put into it's creation. Those who put effort and energy into this and future projects will be valued for that as well. Thanks you guys!

We've created a monster! And it's alive!

Still, I love it! So much better than just any old place in the brush. It has done a lot of good for recreational shooting in several ways...
  • has lessened the potential for wildfires,
  • created a more unified shooting community,
  • instilled a greater sense of ownership for many,
  • improved public & personal safety,
  • lessened the pressure on undesirable places to shoot,
  • lessened some conflicts with other kinds of recreation users in other areas,
  • has converted a few irresponsible shooters to more responsible ones,
  • many kids and new shooters had their first and good experiences at this quality place to shoot,
  • new friendships have been made.
  • (probably more good things happen there that I can't think of right now).
We'll always have a few problems crop up every so often, but that happens everywhere. At least it's at a place where we all hear about it right away, know where it is and can take prompt action to show our stewardship for the place.

Now that it's so popular, we need other places improved to help lessen the pressure at Wolf Creek Lanes. It's like the first 4x4 or MC trail. Just one isn't enough! Now look at all of them!

Yes, I think this monster is the right thing to create and we should make more! Best way to do that is to take care of what we have and push for more, even when we don't like what some jerks do up there.

I really value that place and value all the efforts that @Reno , @bolus and others have put into it's creation. Those who put effort and energy into this and future projects will be valued for that as well. Thanks you guys!

Wow. Just, WOW!!! :s0155: :s0155: :s0155: :s0155: :s0155: :s0155:

So I finally made it back up to the lanes, but there was already people at lane 3 so I wasn't able to attend to that graffiti, but I was able to get the one on lane 2 after I was finished shooting.

Before . . . .

601369-bf5325a6775bf6b726a6727db59a9ac4.jpg

. . . and after . . .

601370-5f768c7773e1ed10824a5a1369c0308d.jpg

I was actually kind of surprised it took since it wasn't exactly dry out. Unfortunately I came across something on the way down from the lanes . . .

601371-4000ec2f4bd207e914b0feb2c4e31558.jpg

The really infuriating thing about this is that it wasn't there on my drive in. Fresh crap !!!!! But I loaded it up into my car (it was quite heavy)

601372-a3543d001be5858d1826cdc8920f2f28.jpg

and stopped by the Oregon State site just east of the Vernonia turn off. Fortunately there was an ODOT employee there who directed me to a dumpster and helped me chuck it in. So I guess I'll count this day as a win.

Range Day with the Kimber-7.JPG

Thank you CES07 for the Bronze Supporter gift, very much appreciated !!!!!
That's cool, Cosimel. @CES07 is that kind of guy! Hope you've met him or get a chance to soon.

Speaking of gifting... @Rem700..300 just gifted me a Bronze membership! Thanks Craig! I had hoped to get around to that sooner but it hasn't been in the cards, (wallet), lately. I appreciate that!

Bill

Not sure if this kind of stuff is still going on? I was up there maybe about a month ago and didnt see anything like that. Thats such a bummer to see. Ended up at lane 4. Not much going on there. Few pieces of cardboard and some shot up wood target stand posts. Most of the brass was cleaned up as well. Sadly i feel that every public range is always going to have its run in with the not so desirable characters and this stuff happens. Dont really know if there is much we can do about it on public land? Ill be sure to pack an can of gray when i go up next just incase i see anything like this. Its a really nice range. It would be really awesome if we could get a couple more lanes out there. It does get super busy there.

Not sure if this kind of stuff is still going on? I was up there maybe about a month ago and didnt see anything like that. Thats such a bummer to see. Ended up at lane 4. Not much going on there. Few pieces of cardboard and some shot up wood target stand posts. Most of the brass was cleaned up as well. Sadly i feel that every public range is always going to have its run in with the not so desirable characters and this stuff happens. Dont really know if there is much we can do about it on public land? Ill be sure to pack an can of gray when i go up next just incase i see anything like this. Its a really nice range. It would be really awesome if we could get a couple more lanes out there. It does get super busy there.
Yep. So, we just keep on keepin on. Do what we can and hope for the best. Thanks for helping out, Tony!

I was up there today at lane 3. Spotted some grafitti. However, I took my brass and my shotshells but there was a ton still. It started dumping like crazy otherwise I would have taken at least the shotshells for my reloads.

I got a cleanup event started for Wolf Creek lanes... Wolf Creek Rd Public Shooting Lanes Cleanup!

Planning on a basic & quick spiff up of all 4 lanes this month, Feb 22nd. I'll bring the hot dogs. ODF said we can use the dumpsters at the campground down the road and I'll have a key for that. We'll need a couple pickups to run the trash down there.

Let's hope it doesn't rain!

I got a cleanup event started for Wolf Creek lanes... Wolf Creek Rd Public Shooting Lanes Cleanup!

Planning on a basic & quick spiff up of all 4 lanes this month, Feb 22nd. I'll bring the hot dogs. ODF said we can use the dumpsters at the campground down the road and I'll have a key for that. We'll need a couple pickups to run the trash down there.

Let's hope it doesn't rain!

You can count on me !!!

Resource discussions are for general chit-chat. Use the buttons near the top to ask a question or write a review for this resource.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top