JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
We got a heck of a shooting spot here. Too bad a bunch of drunk fudds felt the need to shoot down the announcement board and melt some TVs on lane 4. This is why we can't have nice things. :mad:

I know none of us would have done this. Almost makes you wish you had to be a member to shoot here.

View attachment 634771 View attachment 634772

May the fleas from a thousand camels infest their genitals for all of eternity !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

@Cogs can you reach out to those at ODF by chance and see if those working this upcoming Monday can replace or repair?
Will do. I'm sure they'll get the lane trash, however, I doubt if they are prepared for replacing the sign. Depends on if they have someone who knows how to install a post straight and exact width for the plywood to match up.

Looks like the plywood has a shotgun hole in it but the signage would cover that, so, I think we could reuse the plywood. Everything else would be need materials.

Can you report the day & time @MaruSan ? It would be good to hear from someone who saw the sign still in tact vs the time you saw it. Perhaps someone noticed a certain vehicle leaving there close to those time.

I know ODF had recently posted the closure notice and I'll find out when they posted it.

I copied your photos and will forward to ODF.

Makes my blood boil! Stuff like this really works against us and makes us all looks like a bunch of good for nothin target shooters. Really too bad because shooters need to come together to help each other look good and restore a good reputation to gun owners. Wish I could slap those jerks all the way down lane 4 and back!
I took that picture on 11/21/19 @ 1500 PST.

@MaruSan , I'm glad you like the lanes and value what we have out there. A bunch of us put in a lot of time, effort and money in making them the Cadillac of dispersed shooting lanes (@Reno may have invested the most time out there to get them up, running and maintained). Thanks for the report!

I know that Oregon State requires parking permits for certain wilderness areas, maybe there could be a permit required to shoot on State land, this would help to raise revenue and increase the possibility of identifying these bad actors (i.e., a permit hanging from their rear view mirror with a number that's linked to their personal info). Worst case it would at least give the impression of consequences for illicit activities.

I know that Oregon State requires parking permits for certain wilderness areas, maybe there could be a permit required to shoot on State land, this would help to raise revenue and increase the possibility of identifying these bad actors (i.e., a permit hanging from their rear view mirror with a number that's linked to their personal info). Worst case it would at least give the impression of consequences for illicit activities.
We've explored that idea a few times and get nothing but negative feedback about it. No one wants to pay another fee to park on our own lands, even if the funds where to go toward improving or maintaining rec shooting. So, we've dropped the idea. I thought it was well worth exploring and getting feedback, but, it turned out to be not well received by the shooting community.

While I agree that the thought of such is in a positive vein, no.

Absolutely not.

There are already enough firearms restrictions, regulations & such in place. No need to further more.

Just respect and enforce (when needs be), any regs on the books already.

Folks whom do despicable disrespectful acts have zero recognition of law and order as whole. A permit system would simple be another punitive tax for those already law abiding.

@MaruSan , I'm glad you like the lanes and value what we have out there. A bunch of us put in a lot of time, effort and money in making them the Cadillac of dispersed shooting lanes (@Reno may have invested the most time out there to get them up, running and maintained). Thanks for the report!
@Cogs They're the best lanes. They are 100% the reason why I am a paying member of this forum. When I saw the Northwest Firearms logo there, I went home that day and paid up.

There was a big old pile of 38 special brass, and a lot of the holes in the posts are about that size. Given how regularly meth head brass scavengers go up there, and that that big pile of brass was still there, I'm going to speculate that this probably happened within the last 24-48 hours.

Last Edited:
I'm curious to know if there is any new graffiti painted on the jersey barriers. If so, it could reveal a clue as to if it was a certain group who has done vandalism there before.

@Cogs They're the best lanes. They are 100% the reason why I am a paying member of this forum. When I saw the Northwest Firearms logo there, I went home that day and paid up.

There was a big old pile of 38 special brass, and a lot of the holes in the posts are about that size. Given how regularly meth head brass scavengers go up there, and that that big pile of brass was still there, I'm going to speculate that this probably happened within the last 24-48 hours.
@MaruSan NWFA is essentially in bringing like minded folks together for keeping tabs on the NFWC lanes, however it is a private run website and unfortunately that money did not go towards these sites.

If you want to donate towards these sites hit up @Cogs with Trash No Land.

@MaruSan NWFA is essentially in bringing like minded folks together for keeping tabs on the NFWC lanes, however it is a private run website and unfortunately that money did not go towards these sites.

Yep, he's right. Any funds that have been raised, have been through our nonprofit, Trash No Land. Most of the volunteer help has come from the people on Northwest Firearms. Since NWFA is not a nonprofit, they can't qualify for grants. But we can! Plus being a nonprofit, we can reach a lot more people from other sources of social media, groups, clubs, organizations and agencies. It's a win-win for gun owners!

@Reno I'll have to do that. I'm perfectly happy with my money having just gone to the site anyway. I get enough use out of it that I should pitch in.

The type of person who does this sort of thing is not the type of person who is likely allowed guns to begin with...
Hopefully karma catches up with them and they get put away where they belong.
Makes me sick, and absolutely livid.

What's worse is when they shoot up trailhead and forest signs. Everyone gets discussed with shooters for that! Even us. They develop a hateful attitude towards people with guns in the forest. They volunteer at their favorite places and take pride in having a nice clean recreation area that has good signage for the benefit of all who wish to use it. Just to have some jerks with guns come along and destroy it. Yes, they also know it's just a few rogue shooters, just like they have their own rogue behavior in their numbers, but bullet holes in signs, trees and outbuildings puts a negative label on us.

It must be hard for the forest agency to say they welcome recreational target shooters.

The type of person who does this sort of thing is not the type of person who is likely allowed guns to begin with...
Hopefully karma catches up with them and they get put away where they belong.
Makes me sick, and absolutely livid.
I wish this was the truth of the matter, however sadly it is not.

Many gun owners are emboldened to do things their way because they can. They don't have any remorse for doing things incorrectly or shooting trash.

I've even bumped heads with ranking officials on this website for trying to make a point about simply shooting at non manufactured targets, aka trash, and I was made the enemy.

Some people just do not want to better the shooting sports ways. They are too stuck in traditional, shoot what ever I want, my grandpa shot that way, mentality.

Sadly, laws are the way to change things, as much as folks hate that and will skewer my head to a pole for helping trying to get them passed.

Law abiding gun owners, yes even the crappy aholes like those that shot up these signs, tend to follow every law passed. Just look at Washington. Bet you don't see gun owners up there not following the law, even if they screamed "molon labe" before it passed.

We've explored that idea a few times and get nothing but negative feedback about it. No one wants to pay another fee to park on our own lands, even if the funds where to go toward improving or maintaining rec shooting. So, we've dropped the idea. I thought it was well worth exploring and getting feedback, but, it turned out to be not well received by the shooting community.

For me? Personally? These lanes could go away. There's no way to get on them on a weekend. there's practically no way to get on them on a week day unless you're there shortly after first light. And worst of all? I need to drive across the hell of potland traffic TWICE to utilize the lanes. The only use I have for these lanes is we really enjoy getting out there to clean them up with the group of folks from NWFAs and others. I'd say make it a permit system. Screw 'em! I might even pay into it if it cut back on the over crowding and destruction of the sites.

I've even bumped heads with ranking officials on this website for trying to make a point about simply shooting at non manufactured targets, aka trash, and I was made the enemy.

Some people just do not want to better the shooting sports ways. They are too stuck in traditional, shoot what ever I want, my grandpa shot that way, mentality.

I won't bump heads with you Brian. And I certainly don't consider you an enemy. But, I've said it before and I'll say it again now. It shouldn't matter what people shoot at for targets as long as it's cleaned up afterwards. And isn't explosive or toxic to the environment somehow. How about those kits the pressurize 2-liter bottles to get a harmless 'Boom" when their shot? People get to feeling like children being talked down to with rules like not able to shoot colored water in milk jugs.

And hey! I hope the new house is as exciting and fun it should be for you three! :D

Resource discussions are for general chit-chat. Use the buttons near the top to ask a question or write a review for this resource.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top