JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Beautiful morning at the lanes today - Good temps & fairly clean when I rolled in. I only had a small box vs a garbage bag today so I didn't take out as much as I'd have liked to. Others are doing a good job of keeping the area clean of brass - steel case and shot shells not so much.

I did notice a small tree or large branch was down on the left side of the barrier in lane 1. I couldn't tell if it had been pulled or shot down. The wood is green so I think it's still connected, but broken for sure. No good reason that I could see...

Thank you all that continue to help & support the lanes. It's my favorite place to shoot & practice hands down!

Went out last Thursday (the 18th) with my dad. I made sure we picked up as many of our spent freedom seeds as we could at lane 3. Was a beautiful day and a great time to spend with my dad.

Went out last Thursday (the 18th) with my dad. I made sure we picked up as many of our spent freedom seeds as we could at lane 3. Was a beautiful day and a great time to spend with my dad.
I think you mean the metal holdy thing. The freedom seed would be hard to dig out :D

1221201713255134760.jpg

You are correct. I did mean the metal holdy thing.
Ha! Reminds me of Yakima Training Center a couple years ago. We shot a few hundred round of MK 19 40mm grenades. We were told we would have to collect all of the shot rounds afterward. It was only training rounds, but still shot over several hundred meters. We locked down the tripods so they couldnt swing left or right. Still a lot of ground to cover with hands across America with the platoon to pick all of the rounds up.

Yes, it was stupid.

I don't understand why it is so hard to pick up the things you shoot at. I've done some experimental waterjug shooting at another place and picked up my trash. Last time i forgot a papertarget...picked that up next time i was at my spot. I even pick up most of the clay target leftovers. Often times, I shoot and my wife walks around and picks stuff up, we took almost a whole computer out of the forrest a couple weeks ago... Its disgusting what people leave behind. I understand you arent supposed to shoot all kinds of garbage, but please,if you do, don't just leave it!

I don't understand why it is so hard to pick up the things you shoot at. I've done some experimental waterjug shooting at another place and picked up my trash. Last time i forgot a papertarget...picked that up next time i was at my spot. I even pick up most of the clay target leftovers. Often times, I shoot and my wife walks around and picks stuff up, we took almost a whole computer out of the forrest a couple weeks ago... Its disgusting what people leave behind. I understand you arent supposed to shoot all kinds of garbage, but please,if you do, don't just leave it!
Sadly, it's been taught.
Their fathers were slobs and their grandfathers were slobs.
On the upside, Cogs and Trash No Land are breaking the chain.....changing the culture.

We even bubblegumed to the sheriff about it. Apperantly there are also lots of "druggies" smoking pills and stuff there too. We were pretty upset about all the trash and also taught our kids to never leave a place like this.

We even bubblegumed to the sheriff about it. Apperantly there are also lots of "druggies" smoking pills and stuff there too. We were pretty upset about all the trash and also taught our kids to never leave a place like this.
Thanks, Knebel. We need responsible shooters like you to help the efforts to keep public lands open to shooting and preserve it for the next generations. Those "druggies" are only looking for the cash value of the brass people leave behind. Too bad the trash has no value, otherwise, they'd be picking that up too.

I'll be out there somewhere today, probably around 11. Hopefully at one of the longer spots. If you see a big white and blue van, feel free to join me.

After a couple years of reloading, I finally loaded up some match-ish grade 308 stuff for an initial ladder test. Excited to see some results.

I'll be out there somewhere today, probably around 11. Hopefully at one of the longer spots. If you see a big white and blue van, feel free to join me.

After a couple years of reloading, I finally loaded up some match-ish grade 308 stuff for an initial ladder test. Excited to see some results.

Well? Report?

Well? Report?

Got the nice long spot, only a few 2x4's and a shot up stop sign to clean up.

my 168gr Hornady bthp loads did well, about 1.5" at 100 meters out of a home built AR10, shooting off crappy sandbags. I loaded them with 41-43gr of IMR 4064 and LC cases, 42 and 42.5 looked the best, and clocked in where Federal Gold Medal Match should out of an 18" barrel, about 2525-2550 fps. I'll probably tighten my ladder to 41.8-42.6 in 0.2 steps next.

We were up there today for the first time. My wife and I though it was pretty nice, we had hoped to get a spot at the longer range but someone was just leaving at lane two so we took that one. Was fine for some plinking. We had to make a bathroom run and decided to check the salmonberry road too. Waaaaay better than the brownscamp area, wow. I was actually able to zero our guns in pretty well and checking my targets without having to worry about "crazies". However, i noticed that people were super alert as we were driving by them (as were we). Probably because if the recent thing in estacada.

I visited the lanes today and shot at lane 2 as well... Great morning at a great place.
Lane was mostly clean other than some debris down range - left it slightly better than when I rolled in.
Had a chance to test my new HK P30 & was impressed that I was getting 0.16 split times with the stock LEM trigger.

Our project to renovate NF Wolf Creek lanes 1 & 4 has been delayed and won't happen till next spring/summer. ODFW is still reviewing our request for the Pittman-Robertson grant funding. We thought we'd be working on this project by September but, with no word yet, we'll have to reset the timeline.

So far, they have been concerned with ground disturbance, historical preservation and a couple other issues that we have been able to respond and provide satisfactory answers to. The ball has been in their court for several months now and we are awaiting word of the next step.

As for the public donations raised for this project, $2,535 to date, we've locked them up for safe keeping until the project happens.

You will certainly hear about it as soon as we do!

(I'm not so sure I care to try for another Federal grant request after this! It seems quite involved and is taking a lot longer than the NRA grant we got last year.)

Thanks for your patients,

Bill Cogley
Trash No Land

Visited the lanes today and had a great morning putting a new pistol though the paces. OSP stopped by and checked in with us - commented on the fact we were using 'correct' targets and all looked good... It was nice to see them.

Beautiful weather - fun morning!
All lanes in use by 7am today & 3-5 cars coming in around 840a.

Resource discussions are for general chit-chat. Use the buttons near the top to ask a question or write a review for this resource.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top