JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
While I was there at lane two yesterday making a video, a Washington county Deputy pulled up and was taking pictures of the recent graffiti. Apparently some "antifa" members were up there spray painting things like "kill cops" and other garbage. Wondering if anyone else has seen anything like that. I didn't see anything at lane two. I was making an update video to my new ATI Omni Hybrid AR Pistol.

Last Edited:
It has been known that antifa regularly shoots up at these sites. No violence has ever come from them and they get along with those that shoot there otherwise.

The graffiti pops up here and there from both sides of the political spectrum. Mostly extremists groups.

If you or anyone sees anyone in the act of graffiti, do not engage. If possible snap a picture and get their license plates. Report the information to.

ODF Forest Grove Office
503-357-2191

Washington County Sheriffs Office
503-846-2700

Anyone who frequents these sites, I recommend programming these numbers into your phone just in case.

Nice targets! I hope tobe some of my own here, hopefully by the end of the summer.
You could win one, if you have the lucky number! (Not like VietPho's, but it's AR500 Steel!). This weekend at the Salmonberry Rd Cleanup!

Salmonberry Rd Cleanup July 20th, 2019

20190713_122305.jpg

You could win one, if you have the lucky number! (Not like VietPho's, but it's AR500 Steel!). This weekend at the Salmonberry Rd Cleanup!

Salmonberry Rd Cleanup July 20th, 2019

That's a cool hat. That target is good too!

The 10" AR500 BULLSEYE TARGET 1/4" from ShootingTargets7 I got for $30.41 on sale. It handled the 5.56 rounds pretty well the way I had it setup in the video to swing back and forth upon impact. I was a bit surprised because that target was for my 22 pistols. The heavier one I had that was 1/2" thick took more damage.

That hostage target ricchochet back and hit my buddy twice. We suspect due to the way it's say up, there's no where for the force to wobble to lose some of its energy upon impact. We ended up moving the hostage target further back but it was too hard to hit.

Monday evening, July 15th, lane 3 . . . Holy Crap Batman !!!!!!!!

07-15-19.JPG

07-15-19-2.JPG

07-15-19-3.JPG

07-15-19-4.JPG

07-15-19-5.JPG

07-15-19-6.JPG

07-15-19-7.JPG

Indian.jpg

I wasn't able to see the condition of lane 4 since somebody was actively shooting on that lane, but lane 1 and 2 weren't bad at all (though it looks as though mother nature is slowly reclaiming the walkway up to lane 1).

Maybe after the clean up on Saturday we could send a group up to lane 3?

Punks. Selfish. Disrespectful. Uncaring. Rude. Uncivil. Inconsiderate. Contemptuous. Ungracious. Twerpy little basterds!

P's me off to work so hard at promoting responsible shooting, protecting and preserving our places to shoot, and restoring a good reputation to firearms owners, just to see this continue to happen on a regular basis.

How the heck can we get through to them so they understand how they're ruining the shooting sports and degrading gun ownership?

Unfortunately its that way in most places anymore. No accountability or anything. This was 2 weeks ago up on the Peak on just 1 landing. Others are about the same. Really can make a person not a happy camper. IMG_15711.jpg Canopy is coming off the truck after this weekend and the cleaning will begin. Only good thing out of this mess was the 100+ 300BO casings that we picked up that Cosimel desires.

Punks. Selfish. Disrespectful. Uncaring. Rude. Uncivil. Inconsiderate. Contemptuous. Ungracious. Twerpy little basterds!

P's me off to work so hard at promoting responsible shooting, protecting and preserving our places to shoot, and restoring a good reputation to firearms owners, just to see this continue to happen on a regular basis.

How the heck can we get through to them so they understand how they're ruining the shooting sports and degrading gun ownership?
With any luck, as we all are busy cleaning up this Saturday, the bubblegum hats that did this will be storming Area 51 and that will be the last we'll hear from them.

[editors note, bubblegum is not the word I used, what is this censorship crap !!!!]

Last Edited:
Hi guys,

I'm aiming to head to these shooting lanes for the first time pretty soon! Just to make sure, this public range is currently open, right? I saw that they started maintenance/upgrades on Monday so it was closed for a time. Is this still taking place or is it open now?

Any tips for first-timers other than coming early and cleaning up after yourself?

Hi guys,

I'm aiming to head to these shooting lanes for the first time pretty soon! Just to make sure, this public range is currently open, right? I saw that they started maintenance/upgrades on Monday so it was closed for a time. Is this still taking place or is it open now?

Any tips for first-timers other than coming early and cleaning up after yourself?
Lanes are open!

I go early in the mornings, I've waited once about ten mins for another party to finish and clean in the last few visits. Good luck!

Thanks, I actually just went there extra early today with a friend since it was our first time, and we wanted to make sure we got a spot. This place is awesome! We shot in lane 1. Was more than happy with what we found there. The view was great and there was only one other person there who was shooting way over in lane 4.

Will definitely come back here for sure. Definitely beats going to The Place to Shoot by a mile. Shooting just got way cheaper for me lol...

The leftover debris was fairly moderate, but yeah people do just leave their casings, shotgun shells, paper, watermelon pieces, and wood debris etc. all over but it wasnt too bad at all. Made sure to pick up our casings and picked up what other stuff we could fit into our trash bag lol might bring an extra trash bag next time.

All in all, great experience and very happy to not have to consider spending a fortune on a range membership anymore. Shoutout to the other shooters who help keep this place a clean and safe place to shoot!

Thanks, I actually just went there extra early today with a friend since it was our first time, and we wanted to make sure we got a spot. This place is awesome! We shot in lane 1. Was more than happy with what we found there. The view was great and there was only one other person there who was shooting way over in lane 4.

Will definitely come back here for sure. Definitely beats going to The Place to Shoot by a mile. Shooting just got way cheaper for me lol...

The leftover debris was fairly moderate, but yeah people do just leave their casings, shotgun shells, paper, watermelon pieces, and wood debris etc. all over but it wasnt too bad at all. Made sure to pick up our casings and picked up what other stuff we could fit into our trash bag lol might bring an extra trash bag next time.

All in all, great experience and very happy to not have to consider spending a fortune on a range membership anymore. Shoutout to the other shooters who help keep this place a clean and safe place to shoot!
Glad you had a good experience and thanks for taking out what you can. Lanes 1 & 4 will look like lanes 2 & 3, if our grant request gets approved for funding the upgrades. We're planning on doing it this September if ODFW get it approved in time.

There is no 'one' specific group or entity to monitor and clean it up. The lanes are dependent on the users to keep them in good/clean condition. We do conduct group volunteer cleanups, at least a couple times a year, but the rest of the time it's gotta be up to each person to remove what they can. Forestry Dept is in favor of these lanes and are advocating for more soon. These kind of shooting lanes could be implemented throughout Oregon state forests if we show them how we care for them.

Connect with Trash No Land for info on public land shooting and events like the cleanup this weekend on Salmonberry Rd.

Thanks again, PewPewer. Welcome to the forum and hope to meet you soon.

Bill

Resource discussions are for general chit-chat. Use the buttons near the top to ask a question or write a review for this resource.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top