JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
@Cogs & @Reno

Do either of you know who to contact regarding an abandoned vehicle? There's a car sitting on its hubs right where Wolf Creek Road crosses over Wolf Creek, down the left fork.

45°47'42.2"N 123°22'57.5"W http://maps.google.com/?q=45.795056,-123.382637&hl=en&gl=us
IMG_20190521_084851.jpg
IMG_20190521_082126.jpg

This is a recent occurrence, as it wasn't there last Tuesday.

Does it run? Clean title? Do you need a tax deductible donation receipt?

We're on it. Thanks . Bryan will need to make the call, cus I'm busy for a while . ODF may need to refer to the Sheriff's department.

In other news, I interrupted the brass rats at Lane 4 this morning. I got a very early start this morning (Thanks, Obama Insomnia... :rolleyes:), and found them rummaging around in the dark with headlamps on at 2:30 am! :s0140:

After a short nap and some shooting at daybreak (Hello to whoever else was shooting at 5:30-6:00 this morning! :s0151:), I found where they live! They're on the very next right hand spur past the abandoned vehicle. They were camped there last weekend as well, but this time I recognized the vehicle from running into them at Lane 4.

Coincidentally, there just so happens to be an old tire in the road on the fork right next to them that leads to a lower clearing. They're probably trying to block traffic, since I drove past them last weekend, and keep people from camping near them.

I wonder where one would find a used tire in the middle of the woods? An abandoned vehicle, perhaps?:s0153:

I'm guessing they've been there longer than 2 weeks, possibly even semi-permanently.

Might be worth letting someone know to check it out when they're looking at the abandoned car.

IMG_20190521_082223.jpg IMG_20190521_082158.jpg

Last Edited:
Left a message for ODF and the county sheriffs office. Sent emails to Randy with ODF with the above pictures and coordinates. Should be good to go. Thanks for the tip @ConcernedCitizen

The sheriffs office is going to determine if it's in their jurisdiction or another county and send a patrol to check on the possible homeless camp.

Any time anyone needs to report this type of thing.

ODF Forest Grove Office = 503-357-2191
Washington County non emergency = 503-629-0111

That looks like the same motorhome parked in the same location from when we did the clean-up. Is there a spur that goes down to the right before you get to the MH? They had what looked like a freezer and other stuff around during the clean upp

Well I think the wife and I have been guilty of that a few times. Not at 2am though. The brass helps offset the cost of dumping at the dump and she did buy herself a revolver with some of the proceeds. :):)o_O But we skip the drugs and alcohol. Makes for a fun off the wall date night.

That looks like the same motorhome parked in the same location from when we did the clean-up. Is there a spur that goes down to the right before you get to the MH? They had what looked like a freezer and other stuff around during the clean upp
Yes, spur to the right that then turns left and heads downhill to a small clearing.

That spur is also where the tire was sitting, probably to discourage people from driving past them.

If they were there at the cleanup, they've been there at least a month, probably longer.

Well I think the wife and I have been guilty of that a few times. Not at 2am though. The brass helps offset the cost of dumping at the dump and she did buy herself a revolver with some of the proceeds. :):)o_O But we skip the drugs and alcohol. Makes for a fun off the wall date night.
It's not very often that date night pays for itself, let alone make a profit! :p

There's a funny reason why I was there at 2:30 AM.

I was already packed, and had planned to leave at 6:00 AM this morning, getting here around 7:00 AM. The problem is that when I have plans to leave early like this, two things happen.

First, I get anxious about oversleeping so I can't fall asleep, and then I almost always crash an hour or two before I'm supposed to leave, getting just enough sleep to make me feel horribly groggy.

Second, since I can't sleep I spend the time worrying about whether I was forgetting to pack something, which makes me even more anxious. This usually leads to me packing even more junk just to be safe, even though I don't need it.

It's a vicious cycle. :s0125:

I finally figured out how to beat it though! Knowing I wasn't going to sleep, I decided to just leave so I didn't end up stressing out and packing more gear, and then I could get a few hours sleep once I arrived.

It actually worked well for me, even though I know it sounds completely crazy. I just didn't expect to find anyone here, so that was a big surprise. I'm sure I surprised them too, as they took off almost immediately.

Definitely some weird people roaming around here at 0-dark-thirty, myself included! :p

Signs are in. Folks seemed to like the visual aid. Thanks @Cogs for getting the necessary hardware. Made install a breeze.

Lanes looked good overall. Not a whole lot of trash in any of them.

I was smiling at lane one. The last lane I installed a sign at. As I was installing it the rain really started to pick up. Almost every person at the other lanes was leaving due to the rain, it was a mass exodus. Made me laugh.

BF67FF99-B60D-4945-867E-B32189A4B90C.jpeg

A couple of guys from my work and my wife and I were there on Thursday afternoon when it was in the upper 70's. It was real nice although the wind was blowing into us and it kept blowing my target stands over. They are made from 2x4's and aren't light, but the large size cardboard the targets were stuck to allowed the wind enough power to keep blowing them over. It was a nice afternoon to shoot and there were only a couple of other people up there for a short time.

Mike

Signs are in. Folks seemed to like the visual aid. Thanks @Cogs for getting the necessary hardware. Made install a breeze.

Lanes looked good overall. Not a whole lot of trash in any of them.

I was smiling at lane one. The last lane I installed a sign at. As I was installing it the rain really started to pick up. Almost every person at the other lanes was leaving due to the rain, it was a mass exodus. Made me laugh.

View attachment 583033
Sign looks good. Let's hope it gets the message across and stays in good shape for a long time!

Thanks for doing that, Bryan! Delivered the message like a true mailman! "Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays this shooter from the swift completion of his appointed rounds"! (That IS how it's supposed to be written... Right?)

I went up with my wife on Mon am (Memorial day) some young kid was at lane 4. He was the only one there. When we were setting up he proceeded to tell me I couldn't use the lane because he was saving it for his 6 friend who were coming later. What is the rules/Etiquette on this? I left because I didn't want problems but I was pretty pissed... We drove from Portland. Any advice would be helpful.

I went up with my wife on Mon am (Memorial day) some young kid was at lane 4. He was the only one there. When we were setting up he proceeded to tell me I couldn't use the lane because he was saving it for his 6 friend who were coming later. What is the rules/Etiquette on this? I left because I didn't want problems but I was pretty pissed... We drove from Portland. Any advice would be helpful.
I'll post this here as i did your review.

It is first come first serve. Primary courtesy is to ask if those already there will share the lane. If they don't wish to, it's common to wait or go to another lane. Usually some one or party will be willing to share a lane. On busy days it's common to be onsite before sun up if you want first pick. Courtesy goes along way, but some like to shoot privately and it's best to let them if they do not with to share.

Resource discussions are for general chit-chat. Use the buttons near the top to ask a question or write a review for this resource.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top