JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I went up there today I noticed that they graded the road, how far I do not know I didn't go pass the shooting lanes I turn and went up to them. There is still some small pot holes here and there but the big ones are gone. My time up there was very short my new scope windage didn't work properly elevation worked great.
As soon as I noticed the problem like in five or eight shots I packed up and left.

Oh forgot to say, do you think putting up signs saying not to do those thing or the lanes maybe closed down cause of said actions?
Yes I know some people will not give a sh@$ and still do it but maybe it will stop most people once they see that that is frowned upon and that they may loose the lanes. I don't know but I thought I would throw it out there.

Oh forgot to say, do you think putting up signs saying not to do those thing or the lanes maybe closed down cause of said actions?
Yes I know some people will not give a sh@$ and still do it but maybe it will stop most people once they see that that is frowned upon and that they may loose the lanes. I don't know but I thought I would throw it out there.
They would likely only last a couple months at best... those who don't care would see them as prime targets.

Made it up to lane 4 first thing this morning, noticed N. Wolf Creek Rd was almost pot hole free, awesome !! Definitely need to hit lane 4 during next Saturday's clean-up, some pretty big wooded constructions that looked to be make-shift target stands. A fair amount of debris in the bushes, but otherwise not bad, not even that many shotgun shells. I did find something rather disturbing which I left for the people who showed up after I'd already set up and shared the lane with to discover. It took them a while, but they finally noticed it.

Rubber Head.JPG

Made it up to lane 4 first thing this morning, noticed N. Wolf Creek Rd was almost pot hole free, awesome !! Definitely need to hit lane 4 during next Saturday's clean-up, some pretty big wooded constructions that looked to be make-shift target stands. A fair amount of debris in the bushes, but otherwise not bad, not even that many shotgun shells. I did find something rather disturbing which I left for the people who showed up after I'd already set up and shared the lane with to discover. It took them a while, but they finally noticed it.

View attachment 569386
:eek::eek:

Is this range still operational? If so what is the farthest you can shoot at it? Thank you
The Shooting Lanes are open to the public 365 from sun up to sun down.

The rules and regulations are listed throughout this thread.

The longest lane is roughly 70-80 yards.

Be safe and please pack out.

Lane 4 is a mess. Lots of plastic and target debris. Road in is much improved. Please carry away more than you bring in, and shoot steel targets when possible. What time does the clean up start on Saturday?

Well, it's not really a facility. It's just a dispersed shooting site in the woods. Only it has some improvements to make it better. Much better!

They are open and free to the public 7 days/week, sun up to sun down. Self maintained by the users. State forest rules apply, just like any other place you might shoot at.

Status is; 2 lanes have been renovated (lanes 2 & 3) and we're currently raising funds to complete the last 2 lane improvements (lanes 1 & 4). Wolf Creek Fundraiser (Full story in the video).

Enjoy and help us maintain these lanes in pristine condition!

Is there anything besides trash bags I should bring with me tomorrow? I'm relatively new to the range and would like to contribute at tomorrows clean up.
Nope.

If anything, good gloves, boots, and a good spirit is all.

See you there.

Got a bag of stupid people stuff today. Picture frame. A couple hundred empty shotgun shells. Empty brass. One propane cylinder replete with bullet holes. The usual stuff.

The worst part is, there's a lotta stuff that was simply used as a target simply because they didn't have a paper target. It aint exactly rocket surgery printing out targets at home. Cost for paper targets is less than the deposit on a water bottle they could have taken in for return. But instead they shoot water bottle. Which is better than a beer bottle.

It's kinda embarrassing to be associated with the people who left this stuff there.

The saddest part is, this was in an unpopular spot. Having seen the places that have 5 carloads at the same time all day long several days a week, it must be damn near a full time job trying to pick up after that kind of crowd.

Thanks to anyone who does the same.

I can see the purple whiskers but that's it. I take it they are much more visible in person? If not, should we bundle 2 together on each one?

Thanks for doing that!

Resource discussions are for general chit-chat. Use the buttons near the top to ask a question or write a review for this resource.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top