JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Do we have names for these lanes?
Their will be signs at each lane much like Mt hood. These sites plus the future sites will, in hopes, be like hiking trails in the time to come. They are going to be called North Wolf Creek sites 1,2,3 and 4. If in time there are more sites improved further along the North Wolf Creek area, I imagine 5,6 and so forth.

I got the update today that the site should be ready by this weekend to open.

@Cogs I know the Hood clean up is Saturday, if you can think of a way I and perhaps some others could do a booth at the Tillamook site let me know. Perhaps I could come on friday and get at least a poster board from you and then I could set up on saturday.

It would be great to have some of use there to educate the shooters going up to try the site. Jason will be there saturday as well

If anyone wants to join me for a few hours on saturday let me know. Obviously you cant get 'first shot' and using the range as well

Site one. 30 yard to the pyramid? shaped berm.
3.jpg

Site 2 20-30 yard pistol
1.jpg

Site 3 75 yard with gravel walking path. pistol berm on the right. the cement firing line should only be one high all the way across. stand or site behind them for a clear shooting line barrier.
2.jpg

I got the update today that the site should be ready by this weekend to open.

@Cogs I know the Hood clean up is Saturday, if you can think of a way I and perhaps some others could do a booth at the Tillamook site let me know. Perhaps I could come on friday and get at least a poster board from you and then I could set up on saturday.

It would be great to have some of use there to educate the shooters going up to try the site. Jason will be there saturday as well

If anyone wants to join me for a few hours on saturday let me know. Obviously you cant get 'first shot' and using the range as well
Yes, bolus, I'm sure we can work something out. Contact @Joe Link for an 8 foot table banner. @Reno911 has the canopy and 2 tables. Have Randy, or Jason, print up some fliers about the shooting rules. At home, you could print out some paper targets to hand out. I would suggest stopping by Sportsman's, let him know what's up, and ask for a stack of paper targets and a box of ear plugs to hand out.

You're all set. Have fun!

Yes, bolus, I'm sure we can work something out. Contact @Joe Link for an 8 foot table banner. @Reno911 has the canopy and 2 tables. Have Randy, or Jason, print up some fliers about the shooting rules. At home, you could print out some paper targets to hand out. I would suggest stopping by Sportsman's, let him know what's up, and ask for a stack of paper targets and a box of ear plugs to hand out.

You're all set. Have fun!
Ok, I'll see if I can get a banner from Joe.
I have a table and canopy. we should plan a grand opening weekend for the NWFA group to go up shooting.

Looks really nice!

Will there be a #4 that they had been thinking on?

Thanks.

yes 4 lanes. the second picture above is the new pistol lane that started where they were digging out berm material and decided it would make a good pistol lane because of our suggestions. (they were going to just fill it up with stumps but we requested an extra lane)

These would be ideal for the Adopt-A-Site program. We should have 3-4 people adopt this area and alternate each weekend so we can closely monitor it's usage and how it's being treated. We already know how bad it was before the lanes, now it would be nice to see a report each weekend. Besides, now we will have signs up there that will need maintenance once in a while.

Wow. By the looks of those pictures, it's a shooters heaven! A dream come true in the woods! On public land, no less! Don't think I've ever seen a better place to shoot on public land.

Pretty darn nice! Thanks ODF & Tillamook State Forest! May we never see another fire in that area! Wish it was in my own backyard.

I'll join in with @bolus and adopt. Joint custody?

I'm thinking it would make a great place to host shooter info booths regularly.

Resource discussions are for general chit-chat. Use the buttons near the top to ask a question or write a review for this resource.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top