JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Can someone take a look at the plants in the day use area off lane 3? Any dead ones? Any evidence of shooting there?

We need to plan another planting party this fall. Probably mid November or when the rains have soaked into the ground well. It won't be a lot of planting, so we don't need to make a big event about it. I'll plan on buying some trees & shrubs soon.

Can someone take a look at the plants in the day use area off lane 3? Any dead ones? Any evidence of shooting there?

We need to plan another planting party this fall. Probably mid November or when the rains have soaked into the ground well. It won't be a lot of planting, so we don't need to make a big event about it. I'll plan on buying some trees & shrubs soon.
You know I'll be there to help plant. I'm still planning on getting up there this next week, Wednesday early is still looking to be the plan. I'll definitely take a look at the safety project and see what condition it's in.

Please note, these lanes are only set up for target shooting not aerial launched targets. Take a look at the aerial view and it becomes clear that any shots taken above head height becomes dangerous for those traversing the roads as well as those on the other lanes depending on where the shots are taken.

Please DO NOT promote this.

Screenshot_20210918-010113_Maps.jpg

Ah, it wasn't that bad. Out of 250 trees & shrubs, only about 10 to 15 were taken. I think they were mostly the maple ones. By the looks of those pics, I don't think any others are missing. Still, it's depressing.
People are so disappointing... and then there are y'all fine folks who help with the upkeep and I'm not as fearful of the end of society.

All we can do is keep being good stewards and hope that our example is followed.

@Cogs and @Cosimel

Let me know when next we venture to work on this area.

All we can do is keep being good stewards and hope that our example is followed.
"...and hope that our example is followed." I see it more and more each year. People are realizing the potential for the demise of free recreational shooting on public lands and there are more people stepping up to stewardship and responsible recreation in an effort to save target practice on our public lands. While doing that, we are seeing a better quality of shooters in the field.

I may be overly optimistic, but I can't help but think of all the shooters I meet, in forests all over the NW, and the majority are shooting legal, safe and being responsible. (Wish there were a way to measure and document that).

So, I think more good examples are being set. However, while some of those examples are being followed, some are ignored. More good examples to come, I'm sure!

Well this was unfortunate. Up at the spot for the future "long range" and pulled up to two hot camp fires. BUBBLEGUMING BUBBLERGUMMERS! 🤬

View attachment 1038282
View attachment 1038283
My guess would be the tweakers have discovered this shooting site. That is their M.O., they don't spend money of headlamps or flashlights, instead they start these fires to find the brass. I've gone up to the lanes a few time before sunrise and passed the tweakers on lane one or two, but then found still smoldering fires on the other side of the jersey barriers on lanes three and four. At the lanes, the chances of these starting a forest fire is much less than at undeveloped spots. This might be worth reporting to ODF and maybe the Tillamook County Sheriffs office as well as OSP.

Resource discussions are for general chit-chat. Use the buttons near the top to ask a question or write a review for this resource.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top