JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Still closed? Need to know asap just picked up a CZ TSO and need to try it out.
Still closed. Last update 8-13-21

You can always call the ODF Forest Grove office to verify before planning to head out at:

503-357-2191

It looks like the fire risk has abated slightly. Updated today the 17th, the main Forest Blog page suggests all the roads are re-open though, so perhaps NFWC is open.

According to the target shooting page, Browns Camp is open again, but N Fork Wolf Creek is still closed because the fire gates are still closed off Hwy 26, and says it would last until the gates are open. This was an Aug 13th update, so it could be out of date.

So, if the gate is open, then it looks like we are OK to go back. I may try to head there later today and report back; but if anyone else does please let us know!

Unfortunately it's all up to the ODFW, but the cooler weather is going to help. Best thing to do is watch the ODFW Blog:

Anyone know if Wolf Creek range will be open on Sunday?
Here's an option for Sunday. Come out to Sauvie Island and help us do a cleanup. OHA Columbia County and Trash No Land. Bring shotgun, shells and clays for some shooting afterwards. Thrower if you have one.

Here's an option for Sunday. Come out to Sauvie Island and help us do a cleanup. OHA Columbia County and Trash No Land. Bring shotgun, shells and clays for some shooting afterwards. Thrower if you have one.

Thanks for the option but the drive to Wolf Creek already wipes out most of my gas tank, can't afford to travel farther than that.

Thanks for the option but the drive to Wolf Creek already wipes out most of my gas tank, can't afford to travel farther than that.
If Wolf Creek is closed, Sauvie Island may be closer (from Beaverton). I imagine Cornelius Pass Rd would be the shortest route to Hwy 30. Then a short jog down to the Island bridge.

I plan to use the old trap range we helped OHA rebuild last year. I picked up a box of clays. Need to get some steel shot shells (can't use lead shot out there).

Wish I would have looked on here before hand... drove a hour to find it closed.... super bummed. Considering how the weather had been compared to every other time I've been here I did not expect this.

20210824_081529.jpg

Resource discussions are for general chit-chat. Use the buttons near the top to ask a question or write a review for this resource.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top