JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Heard the saying one day. "Everyday above ground is a good day." Been trying to live up to that and even though there is a lot of bad going on in the US and the world and we like to complain, life has been pretty darn blessed. Same wife and best friend for 30 years next month, same employer for almost 30 years and great kids who are just starting to leave the nest. Met a lot of great people through this forum and done some neat things throughout the years. Great friends.
Yes it will be a good birthday. Thank you!
Sorry for the thread hijack.
Back to the regular scheduled program.

Even though the weather's always subject to change, it's looking like the 17th is going to be in the low 80's at most and possibly partially cloudy, I'd still put on the sun block, bring plenty of water, and dress for it being hot, but it should be quite nice actually.

Even though the weather's always subject to change, it's looking like the 17th is going to be in the low 80's at most and possibly partially cloudy, I'd still put on the sun block, bring plenty of water, and dress for it being hot, but it should be quite nice actually.
Is there an organized cleanup planned for the 17th? I am new to the forum and have yet to figure out how to find out about cleanups and work days before they happen.

Is there an organized cleanup planned for the 17th? I am new to the forum and have yet to figure out how to find out about cleanups and work days before they happen.
You can follow @Cosimel and @Cogs to be alerted when the post here on NWFA. That or subscribe to TrashNoLands email.

We are still sort of restrained by the ghost of COVID present, so we're not getting the usual multi-agency and group involvement we did prior, this is an informal clean-up. So yes, this next Saturday the 17th we'll be meeting at lane 3 by 9am and depending on the turnout and resources available, we'll plan our clean-up accordingly. I hope you can make it.

We are still sort of restrained by the ghost of COVID present, so we're not getting the usual multi-agency and group involvement we did prior, this is an informal clean-up. So yes, this next Saturday the 17th we'll be meeting at lane 3 by 9am and depending on the turnout and resources available, we'll plan our clean-up accordingly. I hope you can make it.
Thank you. Re-emergence is a moving target, so to speak. I should be able to make it and contribute a bit of manual labor. Are there any personal tools that would be useful to bring?

Thank you. Re-emergence is a moving target, so to speak. I should be able to make it and contribute a bit of manual labor. Are there any personal tools that would be useful to bring?
A good pair of pruning gloves or thick work gloves, there are several sources of 'grabber' like devices that can be useful, and some have brought large magnets to help pick up steel cases. We always welcome the contribution of thick walled trash bags, but otherwise, just being there is really all that's needed.

Cool, guys. Thank for taking care of that question.

I met with ODF today, in the Santiam State Forest, and told them about the cleanup on the 17th at North Fork Wolf Creek Rd. Randy, the Statewide Rec manager, said he's happy to hear of the cleanup and will help anyway he can. He'll be sending a sign-in sheet to @Cosimel so we can register the volunteers. We haven't nailed down the disposal arrangements, yet, but will push that issue a bit more and see where we land (this clean up will not justify a dumpster on site). Either way, it doesn't look like any more than a $150 bill to dispose of what we get from the lanes.

I'll say Trash No Land can foot $75 of that. It should be too much to ask for a chip-in of a few buck to finish the balance. I'll mail that check to Cosimel. Others can just give him cash at the cleanup time.

We'll need a couple of pickups to haul the trash.

As for tools needed, a picker does help the back, and a magnet helps pick up metal, shotgun hulls and steel casings. Other than that, a box, or two, of contractor strength trash bags would be in order.

A couple other tools you'll need are; Firearms and ammo! Because after the cleanup, we tend to blow the place apart! It's called "The After Party!" It's our reward for helping save our places to shoot!!!

"Stewardship Keeps It Open"! Thanks all!
Bill

Just a reminder for all those interested in the clean up at the lanes this Saturday morning, July 17th, we are still meeting at lane 3 by 9am (I'll be there earlier as I suspect others will be as well). We will do the usual safety review, plan our attack, then divide and conquer. I have a good amount of heavy duty trash bags and will pick up some more, but if you got them, bring them. We can also use pick-ups and/or trailers to help haul out the trash; while I can get a lot of trash in the back of my Outback, it would probably take me all day :) Other than that, a good pair of work gloves, plenty of water to keep hydrated; we will not be doing a BBQ, so bring snakes and/or a lunch if you'd like. The forecast seems quite pleasant with the temps in the high 70's, partly cloudy, but don't forget the sunblock and your favorite blasters for after.

There is a potential environmental concern with this weekend as the Game Hog Creek Fire is now active and on the move. Not a lot of information available right now, and things could be very different in three days; but right now it seems well south of the Hwy 26 and N. Wolf Creek Rd. junction. Most likely, the only thing we may have to deal with is air quality, so if you still have a face mask, it might be worth bringing, just in case.

I look forward to seeing everyone this Saturday morning !!!!

You probably will meet some folks from the Yamhill OHA chapter. They shared this event to their FB page and when they do that, usually a few of those members show up. Also, there should be some Trash No Land members too (I know several, here on NWFA are also members of TNL.

Have a great time tomorrow! Take pics! Look for any new graffiti (even behind the jersey barriers). Some go peek at the plants and take some pics of those. I'd like to see if any more have sun burn and/or if any more died. And don't forget to take ammo!

@Cosimel , did you get the check to help with trash disposal? I mailed it yesterday, ($75), so I hope it got there today. I had guessed the total will be about $150. Hopefully others can help cover the balance.

Wish I could be there!
Bill

You probably will meet some folks from the Yamhill OHA chapter. They shared this event to their FB page and when they do that, usually a few of those members show up. Also, there should be some Trash No Land members too (I know several, here on NWFA are also members of TNL.

Have a great time tomorrow! Take pics! Look for any new graffiti (even behind the jersey barriers). Some go peek at the plants and take some pics of those. I'd like to see if any more have sun burn and/or if any more died. And don't forget to take ammo!

@Cosimel , did you get the check to help with trash disposal? I mailed it yesterday, ($75), so I hope it got there today. I had guessed the total will be about $150. Hopefully others can help cover the balance.

Wish I could be there!
Bill
Hey Cogs, it didn't arrive today, but probably will tomorrow. I can cover the cost for tomorrow and go from there.

Today's clean-up at the N. Wolf Creek Shooting Lanes was quite successful, and with only seven volunteers in attendance. A very special thanks to all who made it out today. The good news was that it appears somebody, or many somebodies, had already done a fairly good job of cleaning the lanes probably no more than a week ago since both @arrowshooter and I have been up there since the 4th of July and it was looking pretty bad. This was not only good news in that we were able to get all the lanes cleaned today, but more importantly, it means people are cleaning the lanes on their own initiative, something we've been promoting for years. So here's the before pictures:
Clean up 07-17-21-24.jpg Clean up 07-17-21-23.jpg Clean up 07-17-21-25.jpg Clean up 07-17-21-26.jpg Clean up 07-17-21-27.jpg Clean up 07-17-21-28.jpg Clean up 07-17-21-29.jpg Clean up 07-17-21-30.jpg
I didn't bother with after photos since the lanes were all in full use and with everything the shooters had set up, it would probably make them look like the before photos. As you can see, the lanes weren't that bad. We did manage to get 23 trash bags worth of trash and the tire @Cogs found last week, much of it was around the parking spots at each of the lanes, but no sign of domestic dumping.
Clean up 07-17-21-33.jpg

Six of the seven volunteers today, well done guys !!!!
Clean up 07-17-21-32.jpg

Clean up 07-17-21-3.jpg Clean up 07-17-21-6.jpg Clean up 07-17-21-7.jpg Clean up 07-17-21-11.jpg Clean up 07-17-21-16.jpg Clean up 07-17-21-17.jpg Clean up 07-17-21-20.jpg Clean up 07-17-21-21.jpg

Resource discussions are for general chit-chat. Use the buttons near the top to ask a question or write a review for this resource.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top