JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If nobody can do this before the end of May, let ODF know I can take care of it as soon as I'm back.
It may take them a while to get materials together and engrave the Lane 4 name, so it may not be soon. I'm open again mid June, after the Darrington Pit cleanup, and kind of thinking to take a jug of water up there.

@Scotch_Enfield , did you mention a possible water tank fill up at the Banks Fire Station, or was it somewhere else? I'm thinking of tripping up there this Sunday with the tank, because it's so hot this week and weekend. If that's the place, should I call in advance and what's the actual location?

Thanks,
Bill

@Scotch_Enfield , did you mention a possible water tank fill up at the Banks Fire Station, or was it somewhere else? I'm thinking of tripping up there this Sunday with the tank, because it's so hot this week and weekend. If that's the place, should I call in advance and what's the actual location?

Thanks,
Bill
I believe someone else was advising about the Banks fire station; however, I believe you could fill at a fire hydrant with local fire department permission.

I believe someone else was advising about the Banks fire station; however, I believe you could fill at a fire hydrant with local fire department permission.
Cool. I'll do a little search and a phone call or 2 and will come up with a place to fill up. I just don't want to haul all that water from Washington!

Thanks!

Great to meet ya in person today @Cogs

I snapped these pics of lanes 1-3 for those that may be interested this morning. Someone had beat me to lane 4 already!

New trees are holding up very well and thanks to Cogs and George's help, they should be well hydrated for the week!

20210516_064802.jpg 20210516_064757.jpg 20210516_064751.jpg 20210516_064521.jpg 20210516_064354.jpg 20210516_064255.jpg 20210516_064242.jpg

Last Edited:
Great to see all our work is holding up well!

Update: The Deere loader is back up and running! Thank you so much for all the help straightening her back out. Note to self, Don't get stuff worked on in WA if you can get it done in OR. Cheers and happy pew pew to all!

Think the lanes will be filled up by 7 am during the weekday? Want to go in next two days.
I wouldn't guess so. For what it's worth, I was up there by 6:45 Sunday, someone was already on Lane 4, but it was just us until about 8am, within 15 minutes there were 5 cars going up to lane 4 and heading back to lane 1/2 after seeing it was taken.

I'd expect 7am during the week to be a good bet you'll have a choice on lane, but you never know

Think the lanes will be filled up by 7 am during the weekday? Want to go in next two days.
Pretty much get the choice of lanes if you get there before sunrise. Holiday weekends, especially during better weather will usually have somebody camped out on lane 3 or 4. With sunrise at around 5am, 7am will likely get you a lane, but not necessarily your choice of lanes. If you get to lane one and there's somebody there, you're too late.

Just wanted to share how thrashed it was the other day when I got there... spent a good hour picking up other people's garbage that was left after what looked like a pretty big party. Whoever it was had a huge bonfire in three places, one behind the long range lane(parking area), the other on top of the concrete wall used for a bench and last but not least in front in the actual lane. I brought out a whole paper grocery bag with me full of pretty much every type of casings and miscellaneous garbage and was lucky that another guy who came as I was leaving and said he would pick up the other half. Its just insane what some people think they are entitled to do and leave for other people to clean up. We aren't going to have the luxury of using these outdoor lanes anymore if people keep this up. The pictures don't do it justice but here are some I snapped before I started. Please just pick your bubblegum up people.. its not difficult. This is my go-to spot and I'd like to keep it that way, along with the majority of others I'm sure.

20210601_125832.jpg 20210601_125836.jpg 20210601_125838.jpg 20210601_125841.jpg

Just wanted to share how thrashed it was the other day when I got there... spent a good hour picking up other people's garbage that was left after what looked like a pretty big party. Whoever it was had a huge bonfire in three places, one behind the long range lane(parking area), the other on top of the concrete wall used for a bench and last but not least in front in the actual lane. I brought out a whole paper grocery bag with me full of pretty much every type of casings and miscellaneous garbage and was lucky that another guy who came as I was leaving and said he would pick up the other half. Its just insane what some people think they are entitled to do and leave for other people to clean up. We aren't going to have the luxury of using these outdoor lanes anymore if people keep this up. The pictures don't do it justice but here are some I snapped before I started. Please just pick your bubblegum up people.. its not difficult. This is my go-to spot and I'd like to keep it that way, along with the majority of others I'm sure.

View attachment 897277 View attachment 897278 View attachment 897279 View attachment 897280
That looks operating room clean compared to the cinder pit by my cabin. Thanks for picking up after others.

Couldn't we stick some signs by the side of the road on the way up? Something along the lines of "Burma Shave" signs? They could be on wooden sticks. politician lawn sign frames. Something that won't matter so much when the pigs pull 'em, or shoot 'em. Regulars that give a crap might see them pulled out and laying there and stick 'em back so they're in view.

Put the idea in their head that others care. Others may be watching. It's just TOO G-D easy to put your empty ammo boxes back in your car and take it home!

Does WaCo county sheriff ever drive up there after dark? Maybe the ranges should be signed of closing after dark? No shooting for sure. "No Camping/fires after dark". Other than official TNL functions. I'll just bet these mugs building a fire in the barriers are up there at night?

yeah I left a little friendly reminder and stapled it to the shot up wood sign board (where I was talking earlier) to pick up after your yourself so well see if it changes peoples hearts lol. I like your idea about signs posted in random areas to just let people know we care and that it would be appreciated. Maybe even a few metal trash cans or buckets labeled for casings and shells for those who didn't bring anything with them(probably would have to chain it to something). Ideally everyone would just bring it with them when they go but for those who don't it might inspire them to at least throw em in there and not leave it spread out which is more time consuming for those who care to pick up. Your right though...its not a hard freaking task.

I personally have no idea if any police or sheriff officers drive up, id assume they might on occasion but not regularly just because of the location.

Having camped out along Rock Creek many times, river very north of the lanes, I can state that the no shooting after sunset rule is definitely not followed.

I also wouldn't be surprised if brass bums camp out at the lanes after hours, picking up brass and burning stuff.

Until the county designated the lanes as an official shooting range, which they won't, the lanes reside within Tillamook State forest camping and fire regulations. Which designates these lanes as viable camping areas as well as legally open for camp fires. ODF could post "no camp fires" and "no camping" signs, but they won't hold any weight other than being a bluff.

The lanes are visited by active patrol officers. Usually 1-2 a week.

Resource discussions are for general chit-chat. Use the buttons near the top to ask a question or write a review for this resource.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top