JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have a 5×8 trailer with tall sides you can use...
Refresh my memory... what part of the Portland area are you located. I'm out in Washougal WA, and I only have evenings to head out to pick up a trailer. I usually get home about 4 pm. I don't drive my TNL truck weekdays so I'd have to get home first.
where will you fill the tank with water?
I'd rather fill up just short of Wolf Creek Rd, however, that may not be an option. Otherwise, I'd fill up in Washougal.

If you don't fill up the tank completely, you run the risk of the water sloshing around in the tank and it can cause your truck to sway quite a bit, so, it'd be best to fill up somewhere close to the lanes.

Refresh my memory... what part of the Portland area are you located. I'm out in Washougal WA, and I only have evenings to head out to pick up a trailer. I usually get home about 4 pm. I don't drive my TNL truck weekdays so I'd have to get home first.

I'd rather fill up just short of Wolf Creek Rd, however, that may not be an option. Otherwise, I'd fill up in Washougal.

If you don't fill up the tank completely, you run the risk of the water sloshing around in the tank and it can cause your truck to sway quite a bit, so, it'd be best to fill up somewhere close to the lanes.
I'm out in forest grove, you could fill up the water tank at my house or maybe someone lives closer to hwy 26/timber.
I can try to deliver the trailer to your house this week but I'll have to figure that out as I have a job in Vancouver this week but will be towing my tool trailer...

@Cogs The thing to remember with the 330 gallon tote, is that water weighs 8.33 lbs/gallon. Water weight alone for 330 gallons is 2,754 lbs. So my Ranger would be bottomed out. I could help with the plant transportation.

@Cogs The thing to remember with the 330 gallon tote, is that water weighs 8.33 lbs/gallon. Water weight alone for 330 gallons is 2,754 lbs. So my Ranger would be bottomed out. I could help with the plant transportation.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

That was my first thought. :eek: I used to get a ton of coal for a guy once a year. Got it in North PDX by I-5 and delivered to 60th and Foster. I'd get it in my GMC 1500 2-wheel drive 1/2 pick-up. The load laid low in the the bed. It was about the max I'd put in that truck. I wouldn't have thought of going off road. Your truck is raised? Man.... Should you have someone shooting video as you go up that hill?

My half ton pu is rated at 2500 lbs, so I'm thinking of only putting in about 250 gallons. The truck is lifted so that will help.

I'd really like to fill up somewhere like North Plains or Timber. That ODOT gravel yard on hwy 26 would be perfect!

Later, perhaps I can trade this big tank for a 200 gallon one.

My half ton pu is rated at 2500 lbs, so I'm thinking of only putting in about 250 gallons. The truck is lifted so that will help.

I'd really like to fill up somewhere like North Plains or Timber. That ODOT gravel yard on hwy 26 would be perfect!

Later, perhaps I can trade this big tank for a 200 gallon one.

Lifted isn't a plus, increases center of gravity height. Serious shocks, sway bars and overloads would be a plus.

If you can rig up something to the free water fill stations off 26, it would be downhill from there to the lanes. Or a gas pump from the creek itself?

It's slow AF to fill however. If you had a gas powered siphon pump, I'd say filling directly from wolf creek would be the fastest.

I'm out in forest grove, you could fill up the water tank at my house or maybe someone lives closer to hwy 26/timber.
I can try to deliver the trailer to your house this week but I'll have to figure that out as I have a job in Vancouver this week but will be towing my tool trailer...
I think we'll take you up on the trailer, drewp! What weight capacity is it?

@S fitchell is interested in picking it up from your place, taking it to Washougal and hauling the water tank to Wolf Creek on Sunday. We need to know weight capacity and ball hitch size.

Thanks, man!
Bill

I think we'll take you up on the trailer, drewp! What weight capacity is it?

@S fitchell is interested in picking it up from your place, taking it to Washougal and hauling the water tank to Wolf Creek on Sunday. We need to know weight capacity and ball hitch size.

Thanks, man!
Bill
its an old trailer I've hauled 2 yards of gravel in it and it was pretty slammed...I think 2 yards of gravel is like 4600 pounds.
2" ball.
im going to Vancouver wednesday. I can bring it with me if you want. I can drop it off at your place

its an old trailer I've hauled 2 yards of gravel in it and it was pretty slammed...I think 2 yards of gravel is like 4600 pounds.
2" ball.
im going to Vancouver wednesday. I can bring it with me if you want. I can drop it off at your place
That will work great! It will safe a trip for s fitchell to Forest Grove. I'll PM you with the address. Thank you!

Thanks for the trailer drop, @drewp ! I'll load the tank into it and have it ready for @S fitchell to pick up on Friday.

I inserted 40 feet of 4" corrugated and perforated drain pipe into the tank as baffles. I'm also adding 4, 18" dia balloons to fill some space because we certainly don't need 330 gallons. Hopefully, we won't have much sloshing around. What ever is left over we'll dump for the trip back, and I'll make room in my truck for that.

Thank you both for helping out with this!

Bill

Thanks for the trailer drop, @drewp ! I'll load the tank into it and have it ready for @S fitchell to pick up on Friday.

I inserted 40 feet of 4" corrugated and perforated drain pipe into the tank as baffles. I'm also adding 4, 18" dia balloons to fill some space because we certainly don't need 330 gallons. Hopefully, we won't have much sloshing around. What ever is left over we'll dump for the trip back, and I'll make room in my truck for that.

Thank you both for helping out with this!

Bill
just fill the tank till the tires almost hit the fenders then go for it.
I'll will pick up 7-10 yards of chips from best buy landscape Saturday, just need to go to the landfill first to dump trash.
they only charge 10bucks a yard there for chips, I'll bring them out sunday

just fill the tank till the tires almost hit the fenders then go for it.
I'll will pick up 7-10 yards of chips from best buy landscape Saturday, just need to go to the landfill first to dump trash.
they only charge 10bucks a yard there for chips, I'll bring them out sunday
You're welcome to come up Saturday if you like. Great weather for a camp out!

Resource discussions are for general chit-chat. Use the buttons near the top to ask a question or write a review for this resource.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top