JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Oh not at all, i'd take my Wife's TSX up there.
There plenty of them, but they're not wide or deep, just numerous.
thanks for the info. You're making my day today with all the replies haha!

The pot holes were always pretty bad up there post a cold weather season. Seems to get mildly worse every year. Glad I can still make it up there.

I'm sure the rona has had all of us range lovers packing the lanes. Is there recommended times or days people seem to be more sparse?

I used to take the fiancé up there at like 9am on a weekday and it would usually be empty on even lane 4.

thanks for the info. You're making my day today with all the replies haha!

The pot holes were always pretty bad up there post a cold weather season. Seems to get mildly worse every year. Glad I can still make it up there.

I'm sure the rona has had all of us range lovers packing the lanes. Is there recommended times or days people seem to be more sparse?

I used to take the fiancé up there at like 9am on a weekday and it would usually be empty on even lane 4.
Before sunrise is usually the only way to be sure to get a lane (not always the one you want), and weekdays are better than weekends, rainy days best chances of all.

Right, it'll be dusk and dawn (usually 30 mins after and before sunset and sunrise respectively)

I've found that "before food times" are quieter, so late afternoon etc.

Right, it'll be dusk and dawn (usually 30 mins after and before sunset and sunrise respectively)

Noted. thank you fellas!

Hey, @Rayge , welcome to the forum and a huge thank you for your service to our country!

If you read some of the past posts on this thread, you'll have the answer to your question. But, what the heck, I'll recap for you.

The North Fork Wolf Creek Rd shooting lanes is not an actual 'Range', so to speak, but is a place in the woods where people have been shooting for many years. The Oregon Dept of Forestry took out a bulldozer and made a really cool place to shoot, (in an effort to help prevent wild fires and, at the same time, attract shooters to this location rather than in other areas where conflicts happen with other kinds of recreation). Members of this forum, and the Trash No Land organization, (Dog in the fight!), helped ODF with advice as to how to do it and what shooters want).

It's still a 'Dispersed' shooting site, meaning not official, and anyone may go there any day of the week, sunup to sundown. There are no fees, no access permit, no range safety officer and no facilities... Just the nicest place to shoot on public lands in the whole Northwest!

It is ADA friendly and the roadway has recently been improved, however, you'll still need to watch out for a few pot holes along the way, as well as, a few pot heads trying to handle their 'first-time new' firearms! (Yeah, watch your back!).

It's a great place for friends and family, so go have a great time! Gotta be patient and may need to wait for a lane to open. Most folks are good to approach and you should ask how long they'll be there or if they will share the lane with you (if you feel comfortable with that).

Again, I, as well as most of us on this forum, have a deep appreciation for your military service.

Have fun, be safe and Trash No Land!

Bill

I cleaned up some today on my day off and even left a bag for next person who "forgets"
I'm sorry I know it'll piss some people off but I left the trash bag full of stuff because I don't have the capability to take it but it's ready for who can!!

D3DBBB51-88D0-473D-A714-6BC5D67F2230.jpeg B94F9BBF-C4CB-46B5-94DC-C652E6A32EB8.jpeg

Someone above raised the concern of runoff, standing water and the fact that mud and standing water discourages cleanup. Though it'd cost some money, maybe seeking some donations of/for gravel to mitigate mud and standing water might make it so much nicer. Except for mid summer this place is always pretty muddy.

Someone above raised the concern of runoff, standing water and the fact that mud and standing water discourages cleanup. Though it'd cost some money, maybe seeking some donations of/for gravel to mitigate mud and standing water might make it so much nicer. Except for mid summer this place is always pretty muddy.
Good idea! Yeah the mud is a big problem!

I've got $2400 for it, and the rest just might be covered from a little federal tax on ammo & gun sales!

Explanation: $2400 has already been raised from people who have donated to help get it done, (Trash No Land is holding it in a reserve account), and the Pitman-robertson Act may cover the balance.

We are just waiting for Fish &Wildlife to give the final approval on a grant request for the Pitman-robertson funding.

Depending on how much we get from the grant, will determine if we need more donations or not. I'll post an update as soon as I hear something.

This project will be applied to lanes 1 & 4, and should be able to make it happen the spring or summer.

Bill
Trash No Land

The Public Safety Project is underway, and planning & fundraising has begun. The project is being organized by the Public Land Target Shooters committee for Wolf Creek & McGregor Basin, in the Tillamook State Forest, under the direction of @Cosimel (TNL Board member and Director of the Wolf Creek committee).

ODF has provided a list of native trees and shrubs and we are currently designing a landscape plan for the area. Cost estimates to be obtained as soon as we get the plan completed. We are looking for volunteers and equipment.

This needs to get done ASAP and ODF has given us the go ahead to do it as an all volunteer project.

It's projects like this that shine a good light on responsible recreational target shooters. Let's show em what we got!

Details are on the Trash No Land website at:

For the first time in nearly four years of going to the Lanes all year round I actually turned back today. The warning sign should have been all the ice on HWY 26 just past Timber Junction, I ended up creeping to the turn off at 25 mph and even then just about spun out several times. I did make it to N. Wolf Creek Rd and even made it over the huge snow drift at the entrance with considerable effort. I'd made it about 100 yards up Wolf Creek Rd before deciding to turn around having almost slide into the ditch tail end first three times. I still don't know how I managed to get turned around and nearly slide off the road on the way back down. Then I had to get over that snow drift again which launched me out onto an icy HWY 26 causing me to nearly spin out right in front of a semi; but I made it home safe and sound. If you're thinking about going up there today (or probably for the next week), DON"T !!!!

Last Edited:
For the first time in nearly four years of going to the Lanes all year round I actually turn back today. The warning sign should have been all the ice on HWY 26 just past Timber Junction, I ended up creeping to the turn off at 25 mph and even then just about spun out several times. I did make it to N. Wolf Creek Rd and even made it over the huge snow drift at the entrance with considerable effort. I'd made it about 100 yards up Wolf Creek Rd before deciding to turn around having almost slide into the ditch tail end first three times. I still don't know how I managed to get turned around and nearly slide off the road on the way back down. Then I had to get over that snow drift again which launched me out onto an icy HWY 26 causing me to nearly spin out right in front of a semi; but I made it home safe and sound. If you're thinking about going up there today (or probably for the next week), DON"T !!!!

Black ice all around this morning.

-E-

Then I had to get over that snow drift again which launched me out onto an icy HWY 26 causing me to nearly spin out right in front of a semi; but I made it home safe and sound. If you're thinking about going up there today (or probably for the next week), DON"T !!!!

Glad you made it out safe Steve.

As for the Public Safety Project, I have been going back and forth about this since it's inception and have some concerns about it's effectiveness. I have felt that the only way to deal with the issue is to completely block off access since people are a** hats and will not give a flying s**t about the time, effort and money it took to insure that the area stays safe. We have all seen how effective the little sign out front has been, right? Heck, that little "back stop" that is shot into the hillside already had natural plant growth on it. I'll just leave it at that.

My pick and shovel are ready and willing when it's go time and I just donated to the cause.

Resource discussions are for general chit-chat. Use the buttons near the top to ask a question or write a review for this resource.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top