JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It was smoothed out a little, but not perfect, just tread lightly and i think you'll make it.

And i was giving you s*** about it not making it up there ;)

That's what I've been wondering. I have a bunch of handloads that I'd like to try and see if I've ironed out their reliability issues (I'm new at reloading) and this is the only place I'll go anymore. I used to go to 36 pit but it was often unsafe and inconvenient but North Fork Wolf Creek is 75% of the benefits of shooting at a private club with none of the cost or millennia of wait list heck.

That's what I've been wondering. I have a bunch of handloads that I'd like to try and see if I've ironed out their reliability issues (I'm new at reloading) and this is the only place I'll go anymore. I used to go to 36 pit but it was often unsafe and inconvenient but North Fork Wolf Creek is 75% of the benefits of shooting at a private club with none of the cost or millennia of wait list heck.
I should be passing through that area this weekend so I'll find out.:s0010:

I was just up there this morning, all the lanes are open. The worst part of the road is in the first 50 feet, so put it in 1st gear, take it about 2 mph and you'll be fine, just remember to take it slow on the way down too.

I was just up there this morning, all the lanes are open. The worst part of the road is in the first 50 feet, so put it in 1st gear, take it about 2 mph and you'll be fine, just remember to take it slow on the way down too.
Yeah, attempting faster travel on the road is just going to make your vehicle bounce all over the place and will further mess up the road.

Some of the cars up there surprises me. Or at least it used to. I haven't been there since before the fires. You do not need 4x4 but I use it the first 50-100 yds to stop wheel spin. A friend with a Honda Accord and Hyundai makes it just fine.

Are lanes 3 and 4 suitable for putting down a table and doing some seated shooting for sighting in a rifle?
There is plenty of relatively flat area in front of the jersey barriers on all four lanes, but lane 3 & 4 will allow you to sight in at 50 yards easy enough. I realize this is a popular time for hunters to go to the lanes to sight in their hunting rifle before heading out on a hunt and indeed lanes 3 & 4 are excellent for this application. With that said, please, please don't just pull up, pull out your rifle and help yourself to the lane if somebodies already there. I know the people who only have gone up there to sight in/check there scopes before a hunt are not trying to be disrespectful, but it is a first come. first serve location and those of us who use the lanes regularly don't appreciate having anyone just drive up, pull out their rifle and start shooting at our targets. This has only happen to me once, and his wife smooth things out with me obviously well familiar with his lack of tact, and fortunately he pulled this on me and not one of the 'tacticool' types I've run into up there. This year, the only guy that did this ask me first if he could play through quickly which is all I ask.

Any recommendations for a good affordable target stand + targets for sighting in a rifle?

Make your own maybe? I didn't have to spend much to purchase some PVC, glue, 2x2 wood & some acrylic poster board to make these:

01 Target stand.jpg 061418 03.jpg

Resource discussions are for general chit-chat. Use the buttons near the top to ask a question or write a review for this resource.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top