Cosimel

Reactions
Any recommendations for a good affordable target stand + targets for sighting in a rifle?

Also does anyone know the exact /close to exact lengths of the lanes in order to eyeball 50 yards for sighting in purposes?

Off the top of my head I seem to recall the official distances are 78 yards on lane 3 and 84 yards on lane 4. As for a target stand for use with paper targets (such as for zeroing in a firearm) I've had excellent luck with the Thor Targets 'Paper Puncher' stand. They are $35 list price, breaks down into two flat metal sections, way easy to assemble and doesn't take up much space. They are made in Oregon and are available from many local stores (Oregon Rifleworks, Curt's Discount, J&B Firearms Sales, just to name a fiew).

target-9 (1).png

Cosimel

Reactions
Went by the lanes today, all full and a queue of cars at about 845am. No barrier to go further and found a suitable place down the road without new signage. (new signage appreciated btw, those spots weren't good)
I'm not surprised, I'd figured the lanes were going to be crowded today since all of us who have been itching to shoot are like sailors on leave and the lanes are the closest bars to port. :D:D:D

Lasers

Reactions
Went up Sunday evening around 5:00pm. After the weekend traffic, the area right past the gate is completely rutted up. I wouldn’t recommend going up with a sedan.
It was actually just like that on Saturday morning, I think a previous post had figured it was some intentional driving that caused it.

I've never seen it so bad in the 5 years I've been going out that way. Bringing our shovels next trip (weekend after this upcoming) and if it's still there we'll level 'er out.

Cosimel

Reactions
It was actually just like that on Saturday morning, I think a previous post had figured it was some intentional driving that caused it.

I've never seen it so bad in the 5 years I've been going out that way. Bringing our shovels next trip (weekend after this upcoming) and if it's still there we'll level 'er out.
Indeed, whatever it will take we need to get it done before the first freeze, if not it will be very hard to level out with shovels and we'll be seeing cars being bounced around and possible going over that ledge.

Cosimel

Reactions
I'm headed up in the morning and will assess what I can get done with my shovel on the way out, some of those big holes first. From what I saw last week it's going to take a crew for sure.
I'm planning on getting up there tomorrow morning as well, I'm hoping for either lane 3 or 4, but look for my forest green Subaru Outback, I always have my shovel with me, maybe we can find even more help, who knows :)

kbf64

Reactions
Reactions

arrowshooter

Reactions
Met @Cosimel up there this morning for a little shooting and had a blast as usual. On the way out we stopped to see what dent we could make in the pot holes, but it needs way more work than two old guys with shovels could muster. Lighting was crap but here's a couple of pictures.

First off:
Road 2.jpg

Then after a few (ok way more than that) shovels of gravel:

road 1.jpg

Look forward to seeing you again up there Steve.;)

Cosimel

Reactions
Met @Cosimel up there this morning for a little shooting and had a blast as usual. On the way out we stopped to see what dent we could make in the pot holes, but it needs way more work than two old guys with shovels could muster. Lighting was crap but here's a couple of pictures.

First off:
View attachment 756048

Then after a few (ok way more than that) shovels of gravel:

View attachment 756049

Look forward to seeing you again up there Steve.;)
It was great sharing a lane with you again Steve, next time try not to show off so much :D

I have to agree with Steve's assessment of the entry to the lanes, it's not just pot holes, earth has been moved into mounds that are now hardened mud. It will need a back hoe to level the ground again, then re-gravel. I keep trying to imagine how that happened if only to figure out how to prevent it from happening again. The lanes looked pretty good, mostly plywood debris on lane 4, I did cover up some graffiti on the backside of one of the jersey barriers, but didn't require a lot of paint. The other lanes looked ok.

F2CMaDMaXX

Reactions
That kind of movement normally happens with vehicles splashing through puddles in the surface.

The holes get deeper and the lumps get greater, it's just a process of time and water with wheels travelling through them, usually a faster speed than they perhaps should be.

Mikej

Reactions
That kind of movement normally happens with vehicles splashing through puddles in the surface.

The holes get deeper and the lumps get greater, it's just a process of time and water with wheels travelling through them, usually a faster speed than they perhaps should be.
It had been awhile since I was up there BEFORE the road regarding, but it was never as bad as it's being described now? So, either the folks that fixed it didn't know what they were doing? Or a buncha morons have been burning up that hill In their big trucks like they were doing a hll climb?

F2CMaDMaXX

Reactions
Ha, wouldn't put it past people blasting up there in the wet with trucks.

Honestly though, i've experienced this on a private road i used to live on (5 houses) only takes regular daily traffic with loose fill (it was tarmac with some light gravel in shallow holes) and with the water and tyres travelling through, it only took a few weeks before the holes are emptied of fill and they got progressively deeper and wider, with their fill creating high spots.

UPCOMING EVENTS

Lead Farm Precision Rifle Match
The Lead Farm
34006 Gwinn Rd, Prosser, WA 99350, USA
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Gun Show
Battleground Community Center
912 E Main St, Battle Ground, WA 98604, USA
Rimfire Challenge Dec 12th @ DRRC
Douglas Ridge Rifle Club
27787 OR-224, Eagle Creek, OR 97022, USA
Albany Rifle & Pistol Club (ARPC) Gun Show
Linn County Expo Center
3700 Knox Butte Rd E, Albany, OR 97322, USA

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• Sportsman's Warehouse - Albany
    5.00 star(s)
    Good products at good prices with friendly and knowledgeable staff!
    We like to visit the Albany location as it's closer but have been to several others and they have all been great!:D
  • Umpqua Survival
    4.00 star(s)
    Easy NFA transfer
    I had a silencer transferred through their shop. The paperwork was quick and the staff helpful and friendly. Whilst waiting, I did see a nice...
  • MK Tactical
    5.00 star(s)
    Awesome staff
    Being new to the area and having just made an online purchase of an AR lower, I opted to use MK Tactical as my FFL, without knowing anything about...
  • J&B Firearm Sales
    5.00 star(s)
    Good local shop
    Picked up a rifle yesterday from J&B. This was the second or third gun purchase over the last few years from them. I always enjoy stopping by...
  • H&K Gun Shop
    5.00 star(s)
    The only place I have found 9mm in stock
    I’ll admit I didn’t even know this place existed, as I don’t tend to go into Forest Grove often. But it’s a giant (looks bigger from the...
Top Bottom