JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Beautiful day out at "The Lanes" today. Got there uber early expecting a crowd only to find a group of young folk on lane 4 and that was it. I had lane 3 to myself to break-in the new Winchester XPR and it shows some promise. @Cogs came out to put some signage up across the road from #3, and I also met @pebbleschick33 and @hefforz, nice to see/meet y'all. We all did a little clean up after I was done shooting and then I headed out. There was also another gentleman that stopped and wanted to know about Trash No Lands, then he grabbed a bag and pitched in. Overall the lane was in pretty good shape which goes to show that folks have been on the cleanup. :s0155:

IMG_20200718_073937182_HDR.jpg

Shoot! We had a good time! We put up the new No Shooting sign at the corner of Lane 3, were people do dispersed camping and have been shooting but is a safety concern. We also cleaned up that camp area.

With the help of @arrowshooter , we cleaned up what little trash there was at lane 3. Then went and replaced a couple of missing No Shooting signs along Wolf Creek Rd that are really bad places to shoot. We put them up last year but have been missing for a while. Good note: Most of the No Shooting signs we did last year are still in place and in good condition!

Back to lane 3 where we shared the lane with a family from Hillsboro and got to do some shooting. Nice folk!

I then went back to a spot we were at earlier, on Wolf Creek Rd, and picked up another 3 bags of trash from down in the ditch. The guys and girls who were shooting at the corner spot, (a fire hazard area), were gone but they left their targets, so, I pulled them out, but, was too tired to try to re-post the No Shooting sign that is missing there (we put one there last year but is gone now).

Picked up some beer on the way home and made it to the dump in Washougal before they closed... Only $14 bucks to dump those 10 bags! Wow, what a difference from what Banks Transfer station charged me last month at $67 for 20+/- bags! Difference was, Washougal charged by weight and Banks just had a min flat fee.

So now, I'm going to enjoy a cold beer and take a look at some photos. I'll post them up later, or maybe tomorrow.

Thanks @hefforz , @pebbleschick33 and Greg (the guy in the orange tee shirt).

Beautiful day out at "The Lanes" today. Got there uber early expecting a crowd only to find a group of young folk on lane 4 and that was it. I had lane 3 to myself to break-in the new Winchester XPR and it shows some promise. @Cogs came out to put some signage up across the road from #3, and I also met @pebbleschick33 and @hefforz, nice to see/meet y'all. We all did a little clean up after I was done shooting and then I headed out. There was also another gentleman that stopped and wanted to know about Trash No Lands, then he grabbed a bag and pitched in. Overall the lane was in pretty good shape which goes to show that folks have been on the cleanup. :s0155:

View attachment 724208
All 4 lanes were clean and in great shape!!! Only lane 3 had a little bit of trash. I am really impressed with how nice all the lanes looked! I'll be posting pics of all 4 lanes to show their current condition (I just gotta finish a beer or two!). The pics also show the shooters at the time, who... WERE ALL SHOOTING LEGAL TARGETS, ON TARGET STANDS AND DEMONSTRATING PROPER TARGET PLACEMENT!!! EVEN THE YOUNGER SHOOTERS! SO FREAKIN GREAT TO SEE!!!

Hi, I'm a new shooter and a buddy told me about this spot. I have a Sig p320 I'd like to get to know better. Not going to shoot a lot or distance. When I head up there, which lanes would be best for me to set up at? Oh, and I don't have a Subaru 4WD, only a old FWD Lexus sedan.
I'd recommend lane 2, be sure you've got something in the way of a target stand. Have fun !!!

Oh, thanks for mentioning about the target stand. I don't have one (made an asumption there would be something there). I'm trying figure it out. Any easy suggestions?
I've had really great luck with a local company, Thor Targets, which makes the 'Paper Puncher' for about $35 that only requires you buy some 1/2x1" planks to staple a cardboard backing to, then staple the targets to the cardboard or buy some IPSC style silhouette cardboard. The closest shops to the lanes that should carry them are Oregon Rifleworks, and J & B Firearms Sales. Curt's Discount on the east side also stocks them.
target-9.png
Here I am using mine just last Thursday to do some chronograph work on lane 4.

IMG_20200716_063129.jpg

@LuckySG in Banks may have some for sale.
I do and happy to set someone up so they are ready to dispense lead. I had bought dozens of sets thinking the measly three miles off the highway would be attractive to pick up everything forgotten in an early morning run to Wolf Creek or Browns Camp, but seemed to only be local law enforcement interested. Will have steel targets soon from a local provider in both silhouettes and gongs, everything else is based on interest. I am happy to be up at 6am for a curbside pickup if there are people that want me awake. :D

Oh, thanks for mentioning about the target stand. I don't have one (made an asumption there would be something there). I'm trying figure it out. Any easy suggestions?
I made these super cheap. I found you can skip the horizontal wood cross-members as the cardboard, once stapled to the vertical posts, keeps everything rigid.

I do and happy to set someone up so they are ready to dispense lead. I had bought dozens of sets thinking the measly three miles off the highway would be attractive to pick up everything forgotten in an early morning run to Wolf Creek or Browns Camp, but seemed to only be local law enforcement interested. Will have steel targets soon from a local provider in both silhouettes and gongs, everything else is based on interest. I am happy to be up at 6am for a curbside pickup if there are people that want me awake. :D
Once you've shot on steel, there's no going back :D:D:D

Just my 2 cents, but I've been shooting up at the lanes, year round, at least once a month, for over three years, and I have tried every DIY idea out there. If you're not using a steel base for whatever you're going to do, sooner or later you'll regret it. The wind, the mud, the harden radically uneven mud, weeds and high grass, and just the spending of time setting up and breaking down. Forget the wood and PVC frames, they'll blow down and/or get permanently impacted with harden soil. If it's not steel, you'will, eventually, regret it. Once again, just my 2 cents.

Steel is great, just be mindful all of the where and when. Current fire ban = no steel on state lands, and truly should be extremely well thought out everywhere else.
Not exactly sure there's a ban on shooting steel at the lanes. They've been cleared of vegetation just for that reason. Explosive or incendiary rounds, never.

Resource discussions are for general chit-chat. Use the buttons near the top to ask a question or write a review for this resource.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top