JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Dang, I never made it all the way to the proper pit. Based on a verbal description, I thought it to be the much smaller pit right along the right (south) side of the road just beyond the uphill right fork and not much short of the official North Fork Pit. Plenty of evidence of shooting at the much smaller pit, so it must be a viable option too. Now I'll have to go see the real deal. That's not the pits, eh?

To get there from the Mt Baker Hwy, turn right at Welcome onto the Mosquito Lk Rd, cross the bridge (look for eagles), and then your first left immediately after the river onto the N Fork Rd, and then hang on. After the residential area along the river, the road becomes a pot hole infested slog. But hey, that's not so bad as it keeps all but the motivated from just cruising up there to go sightseeing. Be prepared to drive slowly or bring a spare axle.

For maximal après plinking enjoyment, I heartily recommend making a right when you get back to the Mt Baker Hwy, and heading a few miles further up the road to the North Fork Brewery for some EXCELLENT pizza & suds. It's just about due west of the pit on the other side of the river. Much better road however. This is, in my humble, and I'm from Brooklyn NY, one of the best places to buy a pie in the Northwest. And, as the name implies, to perhaps judiciously sample their many fine brews. The place is known locally as The Beer Shrine. It is a very popular establishment, so if it's dinnertime, especially on a weekend, be prepared to wait a bit for a table. Open 7 days. No affiliation, I just love the place! The North Fork Brewery | Brewery and Pizzeria

BH

More like a bonus bang for my buck. Didn't see it before the bang.
Some previous shooter had left a lot of clay pigeons on the hill side that I was turning into gravel, but I shot at my target stand and an explosion blew behind it. Yow

More like a bonus bang for my buck. Didn't see it before the bang.
Some previous shooter had left a lot of clay pigeons on the hill side that I was turning into gravel, but I shot at my target stand and an explosion blew behind it. Yow

Can imagine that was a heck of a howdy! Also, can't imagine having spent the $$$ for one of those things and then loosing track of it. All in all, good story fodder for ya'. BTW in you're from VanWA, you likely picked the northerly most pit to shoot at. Locate the site on this forum?

Can imagine that was a heck of a howdy! Also, can't imagine having spent the $$$ for one of those things and then loosing track of it. All in all, good story fodder for ya'. BTW in you're from VanWA, you likely picked the northerly most pit to shoot at. Locate the site on this forum?

Used this thread to locate the pit. Dropped a pin on the map and followed the vocal instructions

How busy is the pit on weekends?

I don't know, I try to go during the week when I can. But I've been looking for you; when I see other people out there, I ask, "Are you Northwest Firearm guys?" Then I have to explain what I'm talking about.

gonna have to check it out. When the weather gets better

Don't even think about going out there right now.

Last Edited:
Resource discussions are for general chit-chat. Use the buttons near the top to ask a question or write a review for this resource.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top