JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Does the state of North Carolina have a constitutional amendment prohibiting the confiscation of firearms during an emergency? As a matter of fact, does the state of Washington have one? Oregon? If not, then we need to see that our legislators pass one!:huh:

North Carolina is a uber-liberal state and I, myself, will not live in any state in USA that restricts my right to carry a firearm when I need it most. THis is just a way for the liberals/pseudo-conservatives and other gun grabbers to weaken and incriminate us in the most dire situations. I say that people should fight these laws with vigilance, even if it means groups of armed civilans bonding together defending their lives, freedoms and property.

And, as far as enforcing these laws.. The police could hardly stop shoplifters during Katrina, do you think they will go after a large group of honest and law-abiding (at least in 1776 context) citizens that are armed to the teeth and will defend themselves against any threat, even supposed law enforcement. Just remember, during Katrina, even some of the police were murdering people and looting places because there was no effective law enforcement. In times like this you really do not have much to rely on but your fellow man; hence the meaning of a constitution and a 2nd Amendment.

Actually, I am told North Carolina has some of the strictest gun control in the USA. They don't call it the Massachusetts of the south for nothing. THe governor is on a power trip and will take any opportunity to attack law abiding citizens who do not want to be slaves of the large government machine.

Obviously you've never seen some of the people around the local crack houses.

Public Enemy - Night of the Living Crackheads

Nor have you met my blonde-knob of an ex-wife... if you ever do, hold onto your wallet and RUN!! :D

Hmmm.... yet again another bunch of politicians with D's after their names infringing 2A rights of the citzenry, as well as blocking legislation to rectify it...

Are you progressive kool-aid drinkin' toolios around here seein' a pattern... yet? :s0131:

JUst a FYI about Oregon

401.198 Seizure of firearms during emergency. (1) As used in this section, “unit of government” means any department or agency of the federal government and any public body as defined by ORS 174.109.

(2) Notwithstanding ORS 401.165 to 401.236, a unit of government may not seize a firearm from an individual who lawfully possesses the firearm during a state of emergency declared under ORS 401.165.

(3) If a unit of government seizes a firearm from an individual during a state of emergency in violation of this section, the individual may recover from the unit of government that seized the firearm all costs incurred in the recovery of the firearm, including attorney fees, court costs and any other costs incurred in the recovery of the firearm. [Formerly 401.039]

I'm from NC, (just here in Oregon on military orders, but I can see myself settling down here) and where I lived out in the sticks, none of this matters. Perdue is out of control, and has been hated by us good ol boys since day 1. Good luck enforcing anything in Montgomery county, or anywhere else in the foothills for that matter. Just cause those hippies in the college towns swing votes doesn't mean they'll do a damn thing WTSHTF.

JUst a FYI about Oregon

401.198 Seizure of firearms during emergency. (1) As used in this section, “unit of government” means any department or agency of the federal government and any public body as defined by ORS 174.109.

(2) Notwithstanding ORS 401.165 to 401.236, a unit of government may not seize a firearm from an individual who lawfully possesses the firearm during a state of emergency declared under ORS 401.165.

(3) If a unit of government seizes a firearm from an individual during a state of emergency in violation of this section, the individual may recover from the unit of government that seized the firearm all costs incurred in the recovery of the firearm, including attorney fees, court costs and any other costs incurred in the recovery of the firearm. [Formerly 401.039]

I like this law. Reduces the chance the garbage that went down after Katrina will happen in OR. Of course, that assumes the government actually obeys the law.

REALLY? No... REALLY?!

SOUNDS like it is time for some good martyr with lots of money and a good lawyer to go get himself arrested in NC and take it to court.

If that doesn't work and they continue to take weapons from law-abiding citizens, well... where do you draw the line? Is there a way to peaceably resolve the situation or is it time for NC residents to start voting from the rooftops?

Does the state of North Carolina have a constitutional amendment prohibiting the confiscation of firearms during an emergency? As a matter of fact, does the state of Washington have one? Oregon? If not, then we need to see that our legislators pass one!:huh:

Checking on my own question I found out that the state of Washington has a similar law to North Carolina. They cannot confiscate your firearm from your home but they can if you are on the street during a "declared" emergency.:huh:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top