JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have a 22lr model and it is always in my pocket. Undetectable and very safe to carry this way. I have to admit that Its wasn't my favorite piece to shoot when I first got it, the little mutha was hard to hold tightly, but I bought a rubberized grip for like $11 from NAA and it made it very comfortable. I have shot at least 1000 rds through it without a single issue. and I highly doubt I will ever get rid off it. Every one I show it too thinks it is the coolest thing they ever saw.

20131107_221515_zpsef188b6f-jpg.114588.jpg

I like mine. Not the most accurate firearm at 25 yards, but it was not designed to be. I can carry it and no one will ever know.

I have handled and fired a friends at the range.

I would never rely upon one for personal defense. It has tiny grips and it is single-action only, meaning that in the stress and adrenaline of a violent encounter you will have to manually cock the hammer with your thumb for every shot while trying to hold on to it with only one finger around the grip. Assuming you are able to get it cocked, your next challenge will then be trying to actually hit something with it. Those tiny little grips combined with a low-profile front sight blade make any sort of accuracy problematic. And even if you are lucky enough to get off an accurate aimed shot...the 1" barrel means that the already anemic .22 bullet that it fires wont be getting any sort of decent velocity. And just to add one more handicap...the cylinder needs to be completely removed and reinstalled in order to eject brass and reload the gun.

Slow to fire...slower to reload....impossible to fire accurately....and totally inadequate stopping power. The only thing the NAA does well is conceal, but so does a compact .380 in a pocket holster and with that choice you get the ability for a 2nd and 3rd aimed shot with a cartridge that at least approaches respectability from a ballistic standpoint.

Last Edited:
I have one with a pocket clip holster, the gun folds into it to cover the trigger, they are safe and looks like a pocket knife when clipped.i forget it's there all the time. The benefit of the holster grip is that it also gives you a full handle grip when deployed. One thing I like is you can keep it in your coat pocket with your thumb on the hammer in case you are attacked there is less time involved with drawing a typical firearm. This is a up close and personal gun id go with the magnum model

I have handled and fired a friends at the range.

I would never rely upon one for personal defense. It has tiny grips and it is single-action only, meaning that in the stress and adrenaline of a violent encounter you will have to manually cock the hammer with your thumb for every shot while trying to hold on to it with only one finger around the grip. Assuming you are able to get it cocked, your next challenge will then be trying to actually hit something with it. Those tiny little grips combined with a low-profile front sight blade make any sort of accuracy problematic. And even if you are lucky enough to get off an accurate aimed shot...the 1" barrel means that the already anemic .22 bullet that it fires wont be getting any sort of decent velocity. And just to add one more handicap...the cylinder needs to be completely removed and reinstalled in order to eject brass and reload the gun.

Slow to fire...slower to reload....impossible to fire accurately....and totally inadequate stopping power. The only thing the NAA does well is conceal, but so does a compact .380 in a pocket holster and with that choice you get the ability for a 2nd and 3rd aimed shot with a cartridge that at least approaches respectability from a ballistic standpoint.

GOODNESS!!! so much hate for such a cute little gun!
I know,did you burn your fingers to the bone while shooting one? LOL
The gun is made to take the place of stabbing someone,not shooting at any more than a couple feet.You may want to aim for the face in the winter,yes but there should be enough velocity to make an idiot's day very bad for messing with you.
Reload? You should be retreating at that point.After you have put the gun to the attacers skin and pulled the trigger,1 maybe 2 shots is all that will be needed.
Except for the belt buckle and the clip grip models,you can carry these almost anywhere undetected

They are an extremely well made novelty. There just isn't much velocity out of the short barrels. Shooting one is almost like aiming a bic lighter.

Tiny bullets moving really slow:
<broken link removed>
<broken link removed>

I still have mine. It's a .22 magnum.

The day I was robbed in north Portland buy five young men. :s0012: Was the last day I carried it.
I actually had my hand on the gun in my pocket. When I chose to hand over my money. Things were touch and go for about two minutes. Even after I paid up!

Nothing I could do. One .22 per bad guy? It was a very sick feeling.

Nothing smaller than a Glock 26 since then.

That is definitely a valid point, the NAA shoots a relatively weak round with limited capacity in order to fulfill its role of deep concealment.

I was robbed at knife point about 20 years ago (actually the knife was just brandished, it was never physically within five or ten feet of me if I remember correctly). I had a Smith Bodyguard ready to go, loaded with five .38+Ps in a bellyband, and I opted to hand over the cash instead, reasoning that it wasn't worth the potential hassle of killing some one over $200. Called the cops and they had him in custody within half an hour.

Keith

I'm going to repeat myself...ain't none of the poo-poo'ers gonna volunteer to take a hit to prove how ineffective the pistol is.

Just like everyone in the dream thread saying a 380 is more than adequate.
You give a guy enough drugs and a 380 isn't going to stop him.Maybe,but maybe not.22lr more than 10 ft away from the guy with one of these? You may hit vitals and you may not. My 22mag would drop off about 30ft out.
But medic,I would bet if you shot the first guy in the face with the little NAA the others might have to make a life decision.Maybe get shot in the face or walk away
Shoot a bad guy in the body this time of year? Probably piss him off.Too much clothes
I would never expect the bad guy to be scared after I pulled a gun.I worked with a guy from E LA that pushed 2 vietnamese out of the bar while pointing a gun at him.Seen that one before,shoot them quick or get the gun taken from you.

NNA carry gun= face and neck shot from close up

At least one of them had a gun, I assumed the other four had weapons.

And I wasn't siting here calmly discussing the matter as we are now. I was standing in the middle of a pack of wolves. Facing a possible fight for my life.

When things started to go south. I new I did not want to face that fight with a pea shooter! And I feared my mistake in choice of gun. Was most likely going to get me killed. Or badly hurt.

Pick all the situations you can face with your little .22 magnum. Sanitize them with a positive outcome. Guess what? That won't be what you get.
You will get the worst possible situation. And the odds will be stacked against you.

Experience is a cruel teacher. It gives the test first. Then the lesson.

I passed my test with a D-. And I won't make the same mistake again. I have gone over things in my mind a hundred times. And one truth always rings through.'' If I had been forced to use a gun to fight those five guys. A bigger gun with more capacity would not have hurt me in any way''!

So that is what I decided to do.

You can convince yourself a tiny gun is fine. But not me. Not now.

Tiny bullet . . Correct.
Low velocity . . . Correct.
BUT, if you take one in the gut you will die . . . Not very comfortably!!!

Sheldon
Yes, you may very well die.

However...if you are a 220Lb. psycho on drugs, you can still inflict great bodily harm or even death on the poor schmuck who shot you during the 30-60 minutes it might take you to finally bleed out from that tiny bullet. Especially if you are so amped on adrenaline that you don't even know you have been shot.

Its not just the slow and tiny bullet, its the total lack of accuracy and (most importantly) the inability to make rapid followup shots due to the single-action design that causes me to find fault with the NAA 22's as defensive weapons.

Yes, they are easy to carry. But if you are going to carry a weapon to defend your life and your family's lives with, you owe it to both yourself and them to take it seriously and do a little more than the easy thing.

The reality of the situation is that, with just a minimum of attention to wardrobe choice and a modest investment in a suitable holster, anyone can easily carry at minimum a .380 semi-auto with 6+1 rounds of rapid, aimed fire or even an airweight J-frame/LCR with 5 rounds of 38+P on tap......either of which is many orders of magnitude better than the un-aimed, single shot from a 22LR with a 1" barrel that the NAA's have to offer.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top