JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The two pistol bays are okay but the rifle bay has been down for refurbishment for a while now. They can't commit to when it will be finished. The people who work the range side are friendly and fun to talk to.

If you enjoy inconvenience, try to order something that the main sales guy doesn't stock. He'll spend more time telling you about how much he knows better that you really don't want that item than it would take to just order it.

I went to Norpoint today, as I have been going about once a week now. Since I live just down the hill from the range, it is convenient to go to this range.

Today I shot .357 and .35 Remington from my T/C Contenders. I noted the rifle bay was finally open, after over a year rehab.

I have shot at this range under all four regimes (this being the 4th set of owners) and have to agree that so far this group seems to be on their game. They are taking their time refurbing the range and expanding slowly.

Previous owners had made the mistake of being not friendly and let the range maintenance slide. Trying to squeeze every penny from the range, and neglecting the facility was not the correct action. The new owners inherited some heavy start up costs so I imagine that it has taken time to finish all the repairs.

I did see the new shredded tire back stops for the rifle range before they were installed; would be neat to see them now after they have absorbed a few thousand rounds.

I did not shop in the pro shop, so can not speak as to how it is ran. There was only one guy inside the reception area when I walked in but he was on the phone and obviously too busy to deal with a mere customer as he walked farther from me to continue his discussion.

As I was wondering if he would notice if I just entered the range and started shooting a young lady entered the range and promptly checked my ammo for naughty steel or AP stuff. After a quick magnet check, and purchase of a couple of targets off I was to shoot, while the guy was still on the phone.

Since retiring from the Army I have been considering buying a membership to this range but having been burnt twice by the previous two owners going out of business before I got my full year, I am hesitant.

Thanks for the input, scorge30. I will address the 'employee on phone issue.' We pride ourselves on customer service and not being greeted and/or acknowledged is unacceptable.

As to the backstop - we just cycled the shot-up blocks. We were amazed how well they performed. They did even better than expected and we really did not need to change the blocks yet.

The rifle bay has been open since early March. The refurb took longer than expected for reasons that were beyond our control.

Give the shop a try. We are not the best stocked store, but we make up for it in price. Anything we do not have in stock we can always order.

Thanks again.

I went in one night with 4 friends to shoot at Norpoints Range. Although they were a small range, since it was local, we wanted to give them our business. Unfortunately, it was a mistake. When we were paying for our lanes the RSO asked to see our ammunition to check it for steel, since I had my pistol on my person, I wanted to make sure that my ammunition in my magazine was ok to shoot with. I stepped 2' from the counter removed my weapon and was about to eject the magazine when the RSO started yelling at my and trying to grab my weapon from my hand whilst it was still loaded.

I am sorry but that is not very Safety oriented. While I realize that I was wrong in removing the magazine in his presence, I did not see a sign anywhere that stated I could not do what I was doing at that point in time. Apparantly, the sign is on the front door which was open at the time we came in. Needless to say, a large arguement ensued between myself, my husband and the RSO. I tried many times to apologize to the man behind the counter and explain to him that I was a novice shooter, but he would have none of that. So, I tell everyone I know what had happened to me at Norpoint. It is unfortunate that they lost the business of at least 4 local people.

Another thing I have been told is that no one at Norpoint has ever received their training from a NRA Certified trainer. It is all done by the owner of Norpoint. My aquaintances and I feel that this is an issue, but hey, others may feel differently. I do hope that they will realize that customer service is very important and take every incident as case by case. My incident was handled wrong and it cost them money every month in lost revenue.

I went shooting a Norpoint today. After the usual magnet check of my ammo, the range master wanted to inspect my weapons. I had three one loaded on my waist, one loose in the range bag, and the 3RD in a case inside the range bag. I gave the case to the Range Master. While he was trying to get in the case, I took out the loose weapon and put it in slide lock. He had no idea that I had the weapon out until he heard it go to slide lock. I did not acknowledge the loaded weapon on me. When I asked him what he was inspecting them for, he stated steel core ammo. With the ignorance shown by this Range Master it is no wonder that Dustirose was a victim of her Range Master. She did exactly what this Range Master asked me to do. It is time for Norpoint the reevaluate the Range Master training. I am better treated by TSA then the Range Master at Norpoint. I am reevaluating the range.

I was in there monday with my wife and son had a great experience the R.O. was very polite and informative. I wanted to fire a 1911 but they did not have one at the time but the R.O. let me fire his personal sidearm which was a S&W 1911 .45 very nice and very cool of him. We did go into the salesroom but the salesman was busy with a customer. I am going to go in tomorrow and talk to the salesman about ordering two pistols we will see how that goe's. I will post my experience after that.

It's been a while since I've been in Norpoint but there's a good reason. When it's busy they show no consideration for Members. People who've invested in a membership get to wait, sometimes for hours, while they fill the lanes with walk-in cash customers.

The attitude of their RSO's varies from person to person. Some are polite, customer friendly yet firm, and others are pure horses butts. Those who know how to handle customers in a calm, polite manner, yet still enforce the rules don't last. The "Range Nazi's" seem to stay forever.

The Gun Shop should be cited for false advertising. The have limited stock of guns and just about nothing in the accessories and supplies department. I gave Norpoint the first shot on the last three guns I bought. A pistol, an AR, and a Bolt Action. In every case I got the "Let me see what I can find for you and I'll call you". In the case of the pistol I never heard back. On the AR, their price was $300 higher than another local non-discounting Dealer for the same firearm. On the Bolt Action, the "Expert Manager" (who's usually too good to wait on customers because he's always on his cell phone) first told me about a great deal, then gave me a quote on the wrong caliber, and in the end couldn't get it from any of his distributors. I went to a local Dealer and bought one of the 9 that he had in stock for less money.

Based on those experiences, and after trying to give them almost $3,000 worth of business in a 6 mo period of time I don't even waste the gas to go there anymore.

FWIW, the owners are a couple of Lawyers.

I've never had a bad experience there. The staff was always fun to talk to. However paying 15 bucks too shoot a pistol and 20 to shoot a rifle made me decide to use less money in gas to drive up to darrington to a friends. Its still good for renting different guns and rainy days. There are a couple employees that have "the attitude" as well.

They are overpriced on their range fee. They do however have military discount and no special requirements to shoot rifle. Their "no steel at all in the bullet" rule is ridiculous! Ever tried to find inexpensive non-bimetallic 7.62x39? It is impossible. I have yet to shoot my VZ-58 or Makarov there due to that rule. How about get a real backstop then like at Sam's Gun Shop? I still go there since they're close to home. If someone opened a range in Marysville, I would take my business there.

They are overpriced on their range fee. They do however have military discount and no special requirements to shoot rifle. Their "no steel at all in the bullet" rule is ridiculous! Ever tried to find inexpensive non-bimetallic 7.62x39? It is impossible. I have yet to shoot my VZ-58 or Makarov there due to that rule. How about get a real backstop then like at Sam's Gun Shop? I still go there since they're close to home. If someone opened a range in Marysville, I would take my business there.

What do you expect from a range owned by a pair of Lawyers?

My wife likes it decently enough, especially after she banned us from Sam's for crummy treatment.
Their lanes are so dark I actually consider it low light practice.
My wife finds the air flow horrible; she got some practice the other day shooting at moving targets, swinging like mad in the air.
I hate to compare it to Sam's too much (their main competitor, I suppose) but their store has a horrible selection, with way too many shelves blatantly bare. Take a peek at Walmart's accessories aisle and you'll see what people are buying.
The cost is steeper, for sure, but if there's a lane wait, it's more pleasant than Sam's, with decent mags and a comfortable place to hang out.
I've watched extra attention get paid to women (not just the pretty ones) who come in for the first time with absolutely no gun experience, all the way to getting them set up safely on a lane.
I love the Ladie's night and the gun of the month. These are great promotions that need to be advertised more heavily.
Every time I go in, I get asked about purchasing a membership. It's a steep cost for me and I've bought that membership over and over, I'm sure. I suspect a punch card, sort of like the expresso stands do, would provide a nice bonus and illlustrate that for what the customer spent getting the card punched fully, they could have bought a membership. However, the experience one poster had with members waiting while walk ins got treated better causes me concern and I'd really like to hear about that experience some more.
A smart part of finding the right gun for a new purchase is trying one out by renting one at the range. Norpoint's rental selection leave a bit to be desired, though they do space what few they have out in the counter to make it appear that the counter is more full than it really is. They could sell more guns if they had a better selection at the range counter. Coupled with the gun of the month, there's some promise there. Some Puget Sound ranges list their rental guns on the web, perhaps Norpoint could do the same.
I recomend some shotguns behind the counter for rental, and some regular and low recoil rounds. The store could sell more shotguns, marketed to the HD market.
I would like to bring my family to the range for more than just one lane at a time, but I don't like having the place crowded with folks waiting to use one lane. I like it when folks bring their kids, but mine are bigger and take up more space behind the line. Just like Monday's being Lady's night, how about a family day, during a normally slow period of the weekend, where you can rent two or more ranges, guns (like little 22 rifles for kids,) and so on, for a family discount?
Norpoint has a good web site, but the gallery gets old after about three pictures. It's the same type of picture, over and over. Having the range prices posted is a really good thing.

Norpoint is a decent but slightly overprices range that has enormous potential to be a family place to go. There's less and less family activities out there; and with the right marketing, there's a growing market of folks who will keep coming back.

Last Edited:
My wife and I have been renewing our family membership for a few years now. $250 for the two of us and we break even at ten trips to the range in one year - easy to do. The place has gotten better, although I still don't get the idea of why shooting their 7.62x39 steel core ammo is okay but bringing your own identical Wolf ammo is a no-no. I get my inexpensive Yugo surplus non-steel core 7.62x39 online at Ammoman.com and Wideners.com.

Thanks for the input, scorge30. I will address the 'employee on phone issue.' We pride ourselves on customer service and not being greeted and/or acknowledged is unacceptable.

As to the backstop - we just cycled the shot-up blocks. We were amazed how well they performed. They did even better than expected and we really did not need to change the blocks yet.

The rifle bay has been open since early March. The refurb took longer than expected for reasons that were beyond our control.

Give the shop a try. We are not the best stocked store, but we make up for it in price. Anything we do not have in stock we can always order.

Thanks again.

I have used norpoint but left with a bitter taste. I asked the front desk there policy on open carry in there shop and the man behind the counter said "only if you have a concealed license" i responded that I do have a license but in washington state its a open carry state without a license and the reason I am asking is because you are private and you have the choice who carries on the land. "Its ok just remember my gun is loaded" says the guy behind the counter. first of all Norpoint never ever let a employee threaten a customer.
now the gun shop. I have tried to spend money with norpoint as they are the local gun shop and i would love to see them make it, but here lies the issue. not much things in the store which is understanding if they are starting out and they are. bought a couple holsters,mags,sights, and some bullets that they had. ok price but alittle high. so I asked about a product which the guy behind the counter said they dont have but could order it. options where to go home and order it or give them the couple bucks profit. so I told him to order it which I paid for half the product at the time. asked how long and he says "It may take up to 2 weeks to get the product." I can wait 2 weeks............. well long story short I am still waiting and it has been 2 MONTHS!!!!!!!! I call and ask about it and they don't have the time or day to help. I have been told by them that this item is being dropshipped from the maker. I have been told there is another person with the same product ordered and he is a month ahead of me, by the staff. I have talked to the owner and he is not bothered by me waiting for a common product and he also displayed a attitude of being put out to talk to me! So I went home and ordered same product from where they ordered theres and lo and behold it arrived 3 days later from the distributer. Norpoint you need to get your s@it together. The customer is the only reason you are there and only reason you will remain there. If you can't even order a product which is on the shelf at your distributer and get it to your customer, stop promising. Norpoint you will not make it with your range priced higher, ammo thats high in price, staff that threatens people, and a owner that does not care for customers! Well looks like the new Cabela's, even thou a little spendy, is going to be a much needed store in this area.

NORPOINT customer service is the most important part in any business. If some changes don't happen to this business soon I know I will spread this word about this company to everyone where ever i may go!!! ball is in your court NORPOINT

I paid for half the product at the time. asked how long and he says "It may take up to 2 weeks to get the product." I can wait 2 weeks............. well long story short I am still waiting and it has been 2 MONTHS!!!!!!!! I call and ask about it and they don't have the time or day to help. I have been told by them that this item is being dropshipped from the maker. I have been told there is another person with the same product ordered and he is a month ahead of me, by the staff. I have talked to the owner and he is not bothered by me waiting for a common product and he also displayed a attitude of being put out to talk to me! So I went home and ordered same product from where they ordered theres and lo and behold it arrived 3 days later from the distributer.

When this happens one usually gets the feeling that they are running a variation of a Ponzi Scheme. They can't order anything from a Distributor until they get enough people paying "deposits" because they don't have the operating capital. They collect a few "deposits" and then place orders to fill the ones that were placed first, for the customers that have been waiting longest. Do this with an investment scheme and jail would be in your immediate future.

still no word from Norpoint on my order. they still seem to be able to pay those people on the corner holding signs that say cheap prices on guns or gun sale. like you have any guns for sale!! BEWARE OF NORPOINT!!!! I guess its time to call them again and have them treat me like I am bothering them.

Interesting that the member called Norpoint posted their single post as a response to an earlier comment, with a promise for action, but has since failed to check back in. I was a bit optimistic that someone from Norpoint Range would be paying attention, but apparently they've gone silent. What a shame. It would have been useful to them and their customers if they were paying attention.

still no word from Norpoint on my order. they still seem to be able to pay those people on the corner holding signs that say cheap prices on guns or gun sale. like you have any guns for sale!! BEWARE OF NORPOINT!!!! I guess its time to call them again and have them treat me like I am bothering them.

After 2 months I'd be asking for a refund if I had to pay in advance.

Never fear, Cabela's is coming.

i had posted a comment on there google business listing as others have. less then a week or so the owner posted how this should not happen and he was going to look into it..........he must be still looking? I am calling today.

as of Cabela's coming I am ready! If i have to pay a extra dollar in price for an item it is far better then having NORPOINT take my money! With it going this long I see NORPOINT as a CON.

BEWARE OF NORPOINT!!!

Resource discussions are for general chit-chat. Use the buttons near the top to ask a question or write a review for this resource.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top