JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
... One, shotguns now count as heavy caliber, so it's $15 a lane for members, $35 for non-members. That was highly annoying ...

Annoying. Yes, I agree. But, I also agree with the classification (to cover repair costs) given the damage I more often see them make (vs. handguns) to the ceiling and target mounts. I've been to better ranges, I've been to worse. Norpoint often meets my needs and expectations at a reasonable membership cost.

Annoying. Yes, I agree. But, I also agree with the classification (to cover repair costs) given the damage I more often see them make (vs. handguns) to the ceiling and target mounts. I've been to better ranges, I've been to worse. Norpoint often meets my needs and expectations at a reasonable membership cost.

I don't actually have a beef with the rate itself. I have a beef with the lack of notification about the rate change. I was told it had to do with the damage caused by the wad, as it tends to go high.

Wow, never been to this place but I agree with Carlmc, strange they come on and say their concerned about customer issues, yada yada...however nothing more since? Norpoint, can you not tell that you are about to go under YET AGAIN? I have heard about this place before, and as a business owner I can't fathom people saying this about my company. I would want to shape up and try to impress my customers with the best service and selection I could. Problem is nowadays, (and maybe always?) is that gun store/range owners/employees just don't seem to give a bubblegum about you the customer. It's like that weed dealer when you were young that thought... "ive got what they want so f them, they can wait"...
Norpoint, get your s** together or just shut it down and let someone with some business savvy get in there.

Careful now. If you tick off the owner with any painful truths he'll send you a nasty PM. He's a Lawyer, you know. Apparently got all his "Customer Service" training at Law School.

He hasn't learned that you can only skin a sheep one time and you'll eventually kill off the herd. If you just "shear them a little" each time they'll be there forever.

BTW, most Gun Store or Range Employees, regardless of the business, don't really care about the customer, just their individual sense of power. They don't get paid all that much to begin with and have no stake in the business's success so why care. Ever hear the expression "I was looking for a job when I got this one". Applies with way too many gun related businesses today.

I voted with my feet (and dollars) several years ago. Apparently nothing's changed since then.

NSCEarl, here's a tip for you to pass on to your employees, kind of a training exercise.
The pager system you implemented for when you have more customers than firing lanes is a good idea, except in the case where there's a shift change and I'm left sitting on your couch and the new shift employees didn't notice that the pager was out and started letting new customers in ahead of me. And, of course the exiting shift employees didn't mention to the incoming shift that there was a pager out. Just a little frustrating.

I would like to add that while giving a lane pass with a gun purchase is nice I would love to see something like punch card with like 6 free shoots or something. It would be of little to no expense to the range and keeps customers coming back for goodies and ammo. Especially with the current prices on ammo a little incentive would go a long ways. I would like to support a business because I believe in them, not just because they have the lowest price. Customer appreciation goes a huge distance in most of our books and it's something that's been a long and hard road for Norpoint to overcome from the previous regime. I know it sounds like everyone wants something for nothing but really it's the opposite, I want to give you guys my money. I've wanted to see this range succeed since before the concrete was poured.

I would like to add that while giving a lane pass with a gun purchase is nice I would love to see something like punch card with like 6 free shoots or something. It would be of little to no expense to the range and keeps customers coming back for goodies and ammo. Especially with the current prices on ammo a little incentive would go a long ways. I would like to support a business because I believe in them, not just because they have the lowest price. Customer appreciation goes a huge distance in most of our books and it's something that's been a long and hard road for Norpoint to overcome from the previous regime. I know it sounds like everyone wants something for nothing but really it's the opposite, I want to give you guys my money. I've wanted to see this range succeed since before the concrete was poured.

MS - Appreciate the thought... We currently offer a free layaway program, a try before you buy program, a 100% no questions ask gaurantee, a free lane pass, free military day, a LE discount, a member discount, a ladies day discount, free use of the range to The Well Armed Woman program, free use of our classroom to various Civic groups, free instructor training for the Boy Scouts of America, a free meet and greet with Gabby Franco, Kyle Sumpter, and Kelly Blanchard of Top Shot, give away table at our monthly IDPA event, the only rifle bay in the state that does not require a membership (and which we only break even on from an operations stand-point), discounted bay rental for LE agencies, a frequent shooter punch card, Washington State Hunter safety at way below our cost, free memberships to any number of shooting sports civic organizations, donations of our owners time to the Boy Scouts of America, nationally recognized training programs operated at a loss for our clients, and the list goes on. Not complaining here, just pointing out that there are a lot of things that we do to show our customer appreciation.

Ok, I stand corrected. I apologize for my frustration as I have been trying to put our Officer's Association and Norpoint (and the previous owners) together for many many years without success. Maybe it's time to try again.

We have a staff meeting this Friday and I will review our procedures with them... That said, right now you should have no problem getting a lane, so we hope to see you shooting soon!!!!

Just out of curiosity, how do you handle "Members" versus "Walk-In's" on busy days. Do the members get any special consideration or do they have to wait just like everyone else? I realize that you already have the "Member's" money and the "Walk in" is new money. Just curious as to how Members are treated. I know how they USED to be treated.

Resource discussions are for general chit-chat. Use the buttons near the top to ask a question or write a review for this resource.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top