Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Norinco SKS with Matching Serial Parts including Stock

Discussion in 'Rifle Discussion' started by nilva, Feb 27, 2013.

1. nilva

nilva Pacific NW Member

Just wondering what a Norinco SKS is worth with all matching serial numbers including the stock. Everything is in what appears to be unused/unfired condition. Only thing missing is the mag (owner is currently looking for it). Everything else is there and has matching serial numbers. Can post pics if that would help. Thanks in advance.

2. jluck

jluck Really,Really, Close to Newport Oregon 97365 Voted #1 Member

IMHO....200-300

3. nilva

nilva Pacific NW Member

Thanks. I was hoping for more than what I paid but I bought it for ($425) collectibility more than anything.

4. Glock23gp

Glock23gp Newport / Salem Active Member

Norincos aren't really considered collectible as they were standard issue Chinese military and police issue and were available several years ago at surplus stores in the U.S. sitting in 55gallon drums for $60-$100. There are a couple models that have some added value but can't think of the models offhand.

I have one myself, also a number matching Norinco chrome lined barrel with spike bayo.

Good luck with your sale.

5. nilva

nilva Pacific NW Member

Thanks glock23gp. Mine has the spike bayonet as well as the matching serial on the stock.

6. Swedish K

Swedish K SW Washington Moderator Staff Member

figure if it is one that took AK mags from the factory its worth a bit more...

7. nilva

nilva Pacific NW Member

I wish it took AK mags too. Thanks Swede!

8. JackThompson

JackThompson Valley of the Demons Well-Known Member

Last two I saw at the Wes Knodel (Or some such spelling) Gun Show in January were going for $260 each.

Now, that's not to say there are people that try (and sometimes do) pawn them off for $425... I've seen it before.)

9. nilva

nilva Pacific NW Member

Hey thanks Jack! I might need to rethink this purchase! $400 seems to be a bit on the high side.

10. mosinguy1

mosinguy1 out by the ocean Active Member

I havent paid more then 230 for any of mine, the most recent was 210 about 4 mnths ago.

11. 2Wheels4Ever

2Wheels4Ever Portland Well-Known Member 2015 Volunteer

There are a few norico sks guns in the classifieds right now for $400 and they have been sitting for a while.

12. nilva

nilva Pacific NW Member

Yeah looks like the nutty over priced craze doesn't affect SKS? But a brick of .22lr or PMAG? Or even more rare WASR for $1500? Will be glad when it gets back to normal.

13. WasrNwarpaint

WasrNwarpaint Portland Well-Known Member

the recent batch of SKS's released a couple months ago by Century Arms were approx $300 including FFL for most everyone, they are well used, well the stocks are beat to crap, it was a crap shoot on the rest of the gun, & at that price they sold out fast, I paid $375 for an unfired Norinco last year, so given the current political climate I dont think you waaay paid too much

The fact with fixed mag, they arent not on the AWB banned gun list, you may infact be really happy you have it....

14. mancat

mancat Kitsap County Well-Known Member

It was not a few years ago, it was almost 20 years ago. Just sayin'. There aren't any more NEW Norincos coming in, and a lot of them get chopped up and bubbad. Nice matching ones will get rarer over time. I have a nice matching DP series and it will not be sold no matter what.

15. micdude

micdude EDMONDS Member

OP Norincos are averaging around 500 in that stated condition on gunbroker.I bought a Chinese type 56 sks 3 months ago for about 300 after tax now they are selling for 500 on j&g sales website. These type 56 sks where beat to heal but cleaned up good.

16. nilva

nilva Pacific NW Member

Thanks for the info guys. Got the owner to trade me for a ruger 10-22 instead of the cash.

17. jluck

jluck Really,Really, Close to Newport Oregon 97365 Voted #1 Member

What are you even talking about?

18. nilva

nilva Pacific NW Member

Sorry pasted the wrong comment. I am on my iPad so it's a bit quirky