JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Reactions
Hello all,
I have a pre-ban Norinco Type56s with underfolder stock that I'm thinking of selling. Thing is I'm not sure what it's worth (or what someone would actually pay for it) any ideas/comments on what y'all think it's worth are appreciated.

Cheers,
Robert

Realized I'd forgotten any pictures. Type-56S-1 (1).JPG

After careful scientific consideration I opine "a lot."
Gunbroker completed auctions, from what I remember, are around $3500.
I can offer $500 and my signed autograph. :)

Consider emailing Billy at Billycho.com - he can probably give you a realistic estimate and options on how to best sell it if you choose that path.

He's probably the most legit AKM guy in the state. He was with RD years ago and learned from one of the best in Jim Fuller.

Interesting. Seems like the market has it priced higher. If you do look to sell it, I'd throw it up on Gunbroker and bump that number up a bit.

His work refinishing and updating is top notch. I'm fairly certain he built my first RD gun. It shoots just as well as the one I bought from Jim out of his own collection when he was cycling through some of his guns.

I wouldn't take any advice from any RD folks. In the AK world RD has a very poor reputation. Their rifles might be fine but are nothing special. You can build the same thing from an old parts kit for a fraction of the cost and have just as good or better of a rifle. I believe most of their reputation comes from fuller who is a prick with an ego the size of a moon. No real difference with a RD rifle and a WASR except the RD is prettier and the WASR will probably last longer. Battlefield Las Vegas has trouble killing WASRs. They seem to go forever.

Talk to some real AK guys. There is an AK builder down by Ashland, his shop recently burnt down in the arson down there. I want to say My Guns is his shop. Also AK Files is a great source of info once you get past the people. Most can be pretty abrasive. I usually work with an AK guy in the Vacouver area but firearms are not his primary business.

IMHO, unless it's to a collector "pre-ban" means nothing. To the average person in today's market I'd say $1200-1500. If you can get an auction war going it could go for more.

Local to me things have stopped selling at the stupid prices. My LGS has had a 223 galil on the shelf since last February, a Maadi for about 6 months and the saigas that were there were all pulled off consignment and went back home months ago.

I am not an expert on chinese AKs and not an expert on AK values. All I can compare with is what I've seen them sell for and what I've paid for mine. My most expensive AK was about $1700 a couple years back and it's a lot rarer and more desirable than a type 56. Currently parts kit for my rifle are running $2500+ without a barrel. Barrels are better part of $1k. They were $4-500 before the current scare.

Having seen stacks of 'em and other variations to the ceiling for $225 a piece I could never pay current prices, but apparently others will. Still kicking myself over those and these... e20f64a62f1af2ff0c7016af4ab75cef.jpg

$1400? hahahahah.... no! I'd say much closer to $2k at least IMO. These are sweet AKs and not imported anymore. Another member on here has a milled UF and he asked the same question with regards to price.

My MAK90 is $1400, I did some upgrades and that's how much I'd say, probably more. Like I mentioned to the other member on his post, if you're not hurting for money, keep it. This will be one of those guns you regret selling.

Depends if it's been fired, how many rounds, if you have original box and contents. It's a 1500 rifle in fired condition without the box!

Realistic value may very well be lower than what someone might be willing to pay. People are paying over value for almost everything right now. 14-1500 is the value a year ago and may well be next year again. Condition is everything with Chinese AK rifles. If its shooter grade then certainly worth less.

Status

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads