Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Norinco MAK/NHM-90 AK $500-$600 Cash

Discussion in 'Rifles Wanted' started by Seattle206, Apr 9, 2010.

1. Seattle206

Seattle206 Beacon Hill Member

Looking for a Norinco Mak90 or NHM90 AK-47. 16" barrel, STRAIGHT CUT receiver only. Will offer anywhere from $500-$600 depending on condition. Cash ready now. PM me if you are close to Seattle.

2. gunhummer

gunhummer Columbia Gorge Member

I haven't heard straight cut receiver before... is that the same as milled?

3. Seattle206

No, straight(or square cut as some call it) is how the rear end of the receiver is supposed to be for an AKM. I think most Mak-90s were cut at an angle for some god forsaken reason resulting with many headaches when it comes to switching out stocks.

Here is a straight receiver on my norinco nhm. I actually prefer NHMs to Maks.

compared to a slant cut

4. gunhummer

gunhummer Columbia Gorge Member

Thanks,
    My Mak's a straight cut and I have tried a multitude of different stocks but ended up just going back to the stock thumbhole as all the others are too short for me. I had to seriously carve out and reshape that clunky thing though. It's nice now.

So what's an NHM and what is the difference from the Mak?

Thanks for sharing.

5. Seattle206

all NHM90's I have seen have threaded barrels and come with a straight cut receiver, the bolt and charger is blued opposed to grey like those on a mak. also also there is a NHM91 with a 20" barrel.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.