JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Ad Type
  1. For Sale
  2. For Trade
Price
$2150
Manufacturer
Norinco
Caliber
7.62x39mm
City
Fife
State
Washington
Zip Code
Debating to sell or trade my Norinco Mak-90 sporter that was imported in through Interstate Arms.
Still in the original package never opened
Has all the original items it came with back from the preban era
2- 5 round mags

*unfired
As much as I want to keep it in the safe I also want to use it and I rather it go to someone that will collect it
$2150 or trades around the same value or higher

Please keep negative comments to yourself, Thank you

F670D973-412F-4B90-AA7E-825BBDAC377A.jpeg 6E89F16E-1E97-412D-8F2E-C6C5F4046668.jpeg B22B79D5-0E7B-40FD-9531-4C108BA7FE9D.jpeg 245AD0BD-66E1-40E0-B147-D9647F00714B.jpeg DA231DDC-A8C1-40CD-B0B3-4E9E689EEBD5.jpeg

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
Please keep negative comments to yourself, Thank you
I can't imagine why anyone would have anything negative to say about that beauty, but if they did that would be an easy way of letting me know I don't want to be friends with them!

I also can't imagine being unable to resist the temptation to open that, you sir are a stronger man than I

GLWYS :s0090:

I can't imagine why anyone would have anything negative to say about that beauty, but if they did that would be an easy way of letting me know I don't want to be friends with them!

I also can't imagine being unable to resist the temptation to open that, you sir are a stronger man than I

GLWYS :s0090:
😂 you and I both And it's not easy I want to play with it so badly

Thank you for the words

You might also want to post that on the AK Files, Gunbroker, and other places with AK enthusiasts. If there are labels on the side of the box photos of those would be good too.

I have a MAK 90 that I have fired exactly one round through. I know it sounds crazy, but I took it to the range with some other guns to see how it shoots. I don't recall the distance, but the first round landed exactly where I was aiming. I put it away because I knew it wouldn't get any better than that. The rifle was unfired prior to that day.

I have a MAK 90 that I have fired exactly one round through. I know it sounds crazy, but I took it to the range with some other guns to see how it shoots. I don't recall the distance, but the first round landed exactly where I was aiming. I put it away because I knew it wouldn't get any better than that. The rifle was unfired prior to that day.
Oh I'd believe it. My father used to have one we used and that thing was a blast to shoot

Really. Please elaborate
No AK with a thumb hole stock is a true preban. The thumb hole stock was concieved to get arround the 1989 Assault weapons import restriction(ban). The MAK 90 was first imported for 1990 hence the name MAK 90! This ban was designed to eliminate the pistol grip, the slant muzzle brake, cleaning rod, and the bayonet lug. These "ugly' parts made the MAK90 less deadly in some weird twisted govt notion.Some receivers were left untouched(square back) while others were slant cut to make attachment of a military buttstock more difficult. To further cloud the whole affair there were "customs guns" that were caught up in U.S. customs just as the Import ban was iimplemented. These guns were given thumbnhole stocks by the importer but retained some or all of the other features.They were also over stamped, some very crudely I might add, to try to further lessen the threat ha!!! I have one, for example, that came with a thumbhole stock but retained the threaded muzzle and cleaning rod and bayonet lug.It is overstamped "AK Sporter" over the AKS, which actually stands for AKSporter, 7.62 factory stamp. Thats it!

Last Edited:
In '94 Clinton banned the importation of most Chinese arms & ammunition from Norinco and Polytech. So OP is correct, this is a preban rifle
You don't understand the designation do you. Do some homework. Ive been at the AK game for a long time. The ban that eliminated the features that designate a MAK90(preban) happened in 1989! Get your facts straight!

Last Edited:
technically pre ban is pre 89 because post 89 some changes had to be made to the guns in order to be legal such as pinned muzzle break, bayonet lugs shaved off, pistol grip removed and replaced with the thumbhole stock, and the labeling on the guns were crossed and replaced with mac90, nhm90, nhm91, etc and the number in the new markings refer to the year it was converted and when the ban of 94 happened nothing was converted or brought in period.

We have a discussion section...this is the classified section....buy / sell / trade.

A classified ad is not the place for a discussion of the item that is for sale....
That is better suited for a PM to the seller.

Please stop with the comments over Pre Ban and what that entails on the classified ad.
Again send a PM to the seller if you wish to comment on this.

Andy

Nice MAK-1990. These in the non- fired condition are getting harder. I'm sitting on 2. If it were not for a couple of other shot MAK-1990's i would break down and shoot one.lol GLWS Bro. BUT. if i were you..... put it back in safe.Oh and do you still have outer cardboard box? I might be interested in making a trade for this rifle if you do indeed have outer box. Thanks. Limy!

I had one of these a few years ago and traded it off for a Czechpoint VZ58 in 5.56 that I still have not taken out to shoot. Everyone kept asking if it was a slant or flat back. Wanted me to open it. I just kept laughing. Turned out the guy who bought it had to know and found out it was a slant back. I have another in my safe that is so accurate, like one other person said, I hit exactly where I was aiming and out it away. I'll never get rid of it. free bump.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.