JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I picked this up a few years ago for cheap. From my research I think it's a pre ban. I'm hoping to get some more info about it and an approximate value. It's a norinco triangle 66 56-1 stamp.
Thanks in advance for any help

65fc2395.jpg

77a0fdb2.jpg

as far as i can see it's pre-ban..but the resale is about 575 to 800 depd. on cond.....or what someone is willing to pay !!!!!
we can advertise our "goods" for whatever we want in price, buuuuut it's only worth what someone is willing to pay !
check out some of the other "auction" sites, and see what their selling for, and not what asking price is ! i'v seen guns with asking prices of 900, but they haven't sold in 3 months of listing !!!!!! set yourself with a bottom price, and go up a bit, and see what results you get (trial & error) so to speak !

just my thoughts.....steven

Hmmm. Interesting weapon. Does it have a bayo lug? I cant see in the pic. Also, Im not absolutely sure, but the pistol grip doesnt appear to be original. Hang on to it. In my opinion, Chinese AKs are the best.

I wouldn't sell that for any less than $1,000 and if you put it on an auction you could see $1,500 or more. If you think I'm kidding, put it on this site for $800 and I will meet you anytime, anywhere to pick it up. Good score. I love my MAK90's and Chinese AK's are far superior. You will have a hard time replacing that. Kip.

yup - looks like pre-ban - the folders and standard ones that came in were before the import ban. After the initial import ban they were bringing in the "thumb hole" stocked Norincos. During the federal AW ban the pre-ban guns were at a premium as you could have the pistol grip, threaded barrel, bayonet lug, and folding stock. After the fed AW ban sunset the prices dropped a bit. I would keep that if I were you - the original barrels were chrome lined or stellite lined and held up better than any of the barrels currently available - the lining also helped deal with corrosion from corrosive ammo. It isn't a "Polytech legend" but still a well built weapon that should serve you well for a long time. As CleverName stated the pistol grip doesn't appear to be original - it looks like an eastern block grip or US copy, also I believe the break on it is not original either - most of the Norinco underfolders came with a simple slant compensator on them.

The Type 56 assault rifle is the Chinese copy of the Kalashnikov AK-47 and AKM assault rifle,[1] which has been manufactured since 1956. It was produced by "State Factory 66" from 1956-73, then by Norinco from 1973 onwards...so if it says norinco on it, it was produced after "73"
just like a 26 in. trout...it's a keeper
i have one of the old mac 90's, (ANIB) and after my wife shot it , and the ak 47.....if SHTF, shes got dibs on the mac 90

steven

Not to sidetrack the thread but I remember when I bought my first Norinco AK for $329 (as a side note I bought a couple SKS's at the same time for $69 still in the cosmo) and at the time wishing I could have spent the $700 for a polytech Of course this was about 92.... At the time the Norinco's where seen as the "Junk" and there were several brands of "good" rifles..... Times change and now the Norinco's are defiantly mid range rifles and worth at least 30% more if not double what the "junk" AK's are.... I wonder what 20 more years will bring.... Its already pretty clear that the low end rifles went up the most in cost... A good AR back then was about the same money as now, Same with A HK or or most other guns.. Really with the value of the dollar dropping its probably that all the Good guns are now cheaper in real dollars but the cheap import guns have stated stayed the same counting inflation... I loved my Norinco's and had a slew of them.... Id like to ditch the "junk" AK's I have now and get a "good" Norinco!

Don't believe any of the stuff you just read. That is a nasty chicom rifle that you must get rid of, I will be glad to take it off your hands. It should be given away however so you don't feel guilty about taking money for such a hunk of junk:)

Nice gun don't get rid of it or you will be sorry.

Kyle....."monstermetal" & "gunjunky" have pretty much plugged you in!! (so to speak) ! YOU SHOULD BE FEALING REAL GUILTY ABOUT HAVING ONE OF THESE !!!!! (i'll give ya, 2 norinco t-213's in 9mm for it)take a look around the forums a bit, also check out the "advanced" search feature at top of threads........your going to find a number of fellas here that sold theirs awhile back, and their still kicking thereselves !! i'v been shooting the norinco sks's & the mac 90 for sometime now, and wouldn't get rid of them for nothing...there called fun guns !!

steven
funguns004.jpg
Shot at 2012-04-26