JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I was looking for one at Sporstsmans in Medford back in about October. At the time there was some kind of recall on the rifles so they didnt have one in stock. Sportsmans Warehouse is a Noreen dealer though.

I always loved the idea of the semi auto 30-06. I never understood the move to 308. 30-06 is still a damn good round.

I followed this rifle closely when it was in development. Overall I would pass.

I was more excited when Molot released info on their Vepr 30-06. I would love one of those. But they hit import laws. Rumor last was they may have stopped working on getting them imported.

<broken link removed>

Perhaps just go with a Browning BAR or the infamous Garand?

I had gone to Sportsmans with the plan to look at and buy either a Noreen 30-06 or their single shot .50bmg. The .50 they had on display had ugly welds and spray paint for a finish which put me off. The salesman sold me a Bushmaster .50 instead. I'm not knocking Noreen at all, I still plan to buy the BN36 once I'm sure they have everything sorted out. That was also the only time I have heard anything negative about them.

Noreen had a recall for headspace issues, but I have not heard of anything after that. I bought 30-06 at an auction from L and L guns when they went out of business. It is at 311 Tactical in Vancouver, WA. I sent it in and they fixed the recall issue. I have never shot it or registered it, it is still with the FFL. I tricked it out with Magpul stock, Nikon scope, Geissele SSA-e trigger, tango down bi-pod and a Troy battle rail. It looks like something Arnold would have carried in the Terminator. I would love to shoot it, but I bought it and 10 guns to sell. I might keep it though.

by the way the recoil is pretty much taken out by the muzzle break, from what I understand. There use to be a Noreen owners forum on facebook and the owners posted a lot of good info. 1" MOA at 100 yards, low recoil, crappy trigger, I did not like the stock or battle rail, A $1800 AR10 is not going to have a great finish. Noreen stated that it is a shooters gun, not a show piece. I will go up to the gun shop tomorrow and take a picture, you have to change your shorts.

I always loved the idea of the semi auto 30-06. I never understood the move to 308. 30-06 is still a damn good round.

Long action vs short action. It's that simple. I don't see a need for this, but variety is a great thing. Now a 300 win mag semi auto, or other long range caliber. A precision semi auto 1000+ yard gun sounds cool.

So is a 308. I'll stop derailing the thread with the 308 vs 30 06. If I had multiple rifles in that caliber or had a lot of ammo, I'd be all over this gun. But the only 30 06 I have is my grandpa's model 70 hunting rifle.

That's the thing, 30-06 never caught on in the tactical realm. 308 did. I wish the military stuck with 30-06. I bet we would have more tactical weapons if it was still a major caliber. 300 win mag is so popular because everyone is using it for long range, even military. If it weren't for that it wouldn't be getting semis made in its caliber.

For some situations, an AR-10 in 308 Winchester just isn't enough gun. If you feel the need to stretch your legs and shoot out to 1,000 yards and beyond, but with quick follow-up shots, you need Miller Precision Arms' new .300 Win Mag AR-10 style rifle.

The gun may be 80% parts compatible with existing AR-15 and AR-10 parts, but the oeprating mechanisms are all new. The magazines are stretched and polymer walled, but with an aluminum base plate and 10 round capacity. The barrel is a cut rifling Krieger barrel tailored to your desired length. The camo pattern is optional. And the whole thing weighs just a hair more than your bog standard AR-15 rifle.
The gun comes either as a standalone rifle for $5,400 or as a kit with multiple magazines, rangefinder, optic of your choice, spare pins and springs, and all in a convenient case for $15,000. As the MPA folks say, it's a sniper in a box &#8212; minus the trained trigger finger.

I looked at one today.
I don't see the expense vs reward with the Noreen.... Spendy, Inefficient caliber choice (for exclusive bench work),Crude to say the least, Too heavy to hunt with etc...

Save the money and go for this. 338 Lapua.
Ulfberht
Zg6mq9v.jpg

It took me awhile to get a picture of my Noreen all dressed up and ready to party. the 338 Lapua and 300 are sweet, until you have to buy the ammo. Six bucks a shot, ouch and how many places are you actually going to be able to shoot over 1000 yards? The nice thing about the US is that we can choose and there is no wrong choice.

WP_20140117_001.jpg

WP_20140117_001.jpg

It took me awhile to get a picture of my Noreen all dressed up and ready to party. the 338 Lapua and 300 are sweet, until you have to buy the ammo. Six bucks a shot, ouch and how many places are you actually going to be able to shoot over 1000 yards? The nice thing about the US is that we can choose and there is no wrong choice.

View attachment 76967

Six bucks a shot? Your shopping at the wrong place. Quality .338 Lapua ammo can be easily be purchased for 3.50 each. The ammo my wife shoots in her '06 costs over 2.00 each.

How many palces to shoot over 1K? Plenty in my world and many others you just have to look. eastern Oregon is even easier.

Last point, Right to choose. Yes sir I couldn't agree more. Your rifle looks like a hoot to shoot and I'd love to but I wont ever buy one.