JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The torque required for the barrel is between somewhere around 40#s and 80 so you have quite a range there.
Generally you tighten the barrel nut up good then line everything up so you can slide the gas port thru.Don't really need the torque wrench
Now on the gas tube,some will open the gas hole in the barrel up to insure there is enough gas to operate the system with the short barrel.I did this on the last pistol I built and it worked great

Scour you tube,there is tons of videos on building ARs. Just remember to move to the next one when Bubba starts talking about his dog ett sumthin an the camera was broke (you'll see what I mean)
Heck bring it over to my place and I'll help ya.I need to help the neighbor anyway
Not this weekend though,gun show in Wisdom Mt.

Honestly,these things are fairly simple so don't over think anything.Just take your time,do it in front of a video you like and hit the pause alot

For a new barrel to a new receiver, you should lubricate the threads, then torque it down to specs, then back it off at least three times to break in the threads so you get full contact.
Then on the final torque, pay special attention to the gas tube hole alignment.
After setting the gas block and tube, I remove the bolt from the carrier and then slide the carrier back & forth to check to see if the gas tube is properly positioned.

Check the daily posts on Calguns.net. There is usually 8-9 pages of new posts everyday in there Parts and accessories classifieds. I see complete pistol uppers all the time. They may have stupid laws about mags and mags buttons etc. but they seem to have some pretty cool chit for sale all the time. I have bought many things from Cali.

For a new barrel to a new receiver, you should lubricate the threads, then torque it down to specs, then back it off at least three times to break in the threads so you get full contact.
Then on the final torque, pay special attention to the gas tube hole alignment.
After setting the gas block and tube, I remove the bolt from the carrier and then slide the carrier back & forth to check to see if the gas tube is properly positioned.
Yeeeaah,I guess.
I have done it both ways and both guns turned out fine.
It's aluminum and a steel nut.Thread lube is always a good thing.A little that is
Again,not brain science

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads