JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi, I heard about the forum from a member. I'm new to firearms and here to learn more about them at my advanced age of 53. Handguns for now, perhaps rifles later. Aside from personal protection in the community and at home, I spend time camping and traveling in remote areas. After coming across critters with big teeth a few times, it feels like time to learn more about firearms. I finished an approved saftey course yesterday and looking for the "right" first purchase. I live in the Roseburg, Oregon area.

glad to here it. and nice to meet you, I have a glock 23 and a springfield xd Both are 40 s w rounds. Its realy a matter of preffrence, I wouldnt go with anything smaller than a 40 cal. just remember you get what you pay for. I am sure you will get alot of advice on this topic. good luck and welcome to the forum

Thanks everybody. I appreciate your taking the time to post up. The .357 is on my very short list. A .40 semi-automatic was recommended often. I was lucky enough to have individualized instruction from a retired range master yesterday. I shot a .22LR, .357 loaded with .38 rounds and a 1911 .45 at various distances and stances, etc.

After a couple months of asking current and former LEO's, friends with a LOT of experience and my personal experiences yesterday, I'm leaning towards a Sig P220 carry .45, a .357 Magnum, or a Baretta PX4 .45 and then consider other needs and wants as my wallet allows later.

The .22 was fun and easy and light, but I can't afford two guns as yet. My accuracy did not go down a lot with higher caliber weapons and I was told I am pretty good when the paper bad guy isn't shooting back. <<wink>>

I need a lot of practice and rounds to fire. I don't have all the answers for sure and appreciate experienced shooter's opinions.

welcome to NWF ! look around ,you'll find what ya need , and if not -- look again tomorrow-- new ad's pop up all day , everyday,and some good people to work with !

steven

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top