JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've just committed to buy a shotgun from a forum member in Oregon, however there are no more gun shops in my immediate area (Aberdeen WA) and the only places that sell locally are Big 5 and Wal Mart.
Can someone recommend a reputable dealer in SW/Coastal Washington for me? Also as a noob, what exactly what does the process entail?

Thanks - any help would be much appreciated!

A quick search online yielded a couple possibilities...
Gun Shops 98520 - FFL gun dealers directory

I don't live anywhere near you, so I can't vouch for any of em, but I use a sporting goods store here in town where I live (Bellingham). Basically if they sell guns, then they have to have an FFL. Basically, give these places a call and ask for someone at the gun desk (or just talk to the guy, if it's not a store). Then ask how much they charge to receive a firearm for you. Going rate here is about 25 bucks. Once you find someone you want to use, you ask them to fax their FFL info to the seller. The seller ships to your FFL, who gives you a call. You go in, pay the fee, do the background check and out you walk.

In washington state, they are required to charge sales tax on the purchase price when you pick up.

GunBroker.com - FFL Holder Network

Just enter your zip code and press enter....it will tell you all the dealers in your area, their business, phone numbers and even how much they charge; however, be warned that a lot of the dealers have raised their dealer fees and now charge sales tax. So I'd call them up and ask them how much they charge, when is a good time to pick up the firearm (since many of these private FFLs do business from home) and if they've done business in the past from the place that you plan on buying the firearm.

Good luck.

You are close enough to Elma--go see Andy over at East County Guns. He is reasonable on prices and friendly. When I lived in Seattle I'd stop in and buy my guns and have internet transfers done there since I went there weekly for work.

You are close enough to Elma--go see Andy over at East County Guns. He is reasonable on prices and friendly. When I lived in Seattle I'd stop in and buy my guns and have internet transfers done there since I went there weekly for work.

I would but I'm not sure if he is still around. Over the last few years most of the gun shops in the county have closed.
If he is still around I will have no problem sending some business his way

and now charge sales tax.

It's actually use tax, and it's nothing new. The DOR is, however, starting to enforce it. Those FFL's that aren't collecting it are liable to be in for a nasty (and expensive) shock since they're liable for the uncollected amount.

Eight U.S. Presidents have been NRA members. They are: Ulysses S. Grant,
Theodore Roosevelt, William Howard Taft, Dwight D. Eisenhower,
John F. Kennedy, Richard M. Nixon, Ronald Reagan and George Bush

80 MILLION gun owners didn't shoot anyone today, a few criminals did!

----------------------------------------------------------

The "Feedback Score" is low by 4, not everyone posts it I guess.

Deen
NRA Benefactor/Recruiter
Washington Arms Collector member
South West Washington Arms Collector member

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews