JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Apologies if this is a duplicate thread. I went back a grip of pages on the board and didn't see this covered.

So, the expiration date on my nonresident Columbia County concealed weapon permit is approaching in a few months. Columbia County's website seems pretty sparse on information, and I'm having trouble figuring out how many of the original hoops I have to jump through to get my card renewed.

The hoops that I can recall/see on the application (same application form for renewals and first time applicants) are:
*Two character reference letters (on the application page 2 there's a spot that says character references are needes for new applicants only, but there's no language like this on the provided form letters that they ask for)
*A comprelling reason letter.
*do I need to find my pistol training certificate again for renewing?

None of this should be difficult to come up with. I just want to make sure I'm prepared and I don't miss anything thinking I won't need it. Thanks in advance for any information anyone has on the subject.

Renewing is MUCH less hassle. You fill out the renewal paper, you pay your money, they run your info, you get your new CHL (sometimes in the mail, sometimes right there over the counter).

It's best to go NLT than 60-90days before the expiration if they mail it to you so you don't have a lapse in licensing.

Apologies if this is a duplicate thread. I went back a grip of pages on the board and didn't see this covered.

So, the expiration date on my nonresident Columbia County concealed weapon permit is approaching in a few months. Columbia County's website seems pretty sparse on information, and I'm having trouble figuring out how many of the original hoops I have to jump through to get my card renewed.

The hoops that I can recall/see on the application (same application form for renewals and first time applicants) are:
*Two character reference letters (on the application page 2 there's a spot that says character references are needes for new applicants only, but there's no language like this on the provided form letters that they ask for)
*A comprelling reason letter.
*do I need to find my pistol training certificate again for renewing?

None of this should be difficult to come up with. I just want to make sure I'm prepared and I don't miss anything thinking I won't need it. Thanks in advance for any information anyone has on the subject.

I just renewed mine over there on Monday, printed the form at home, filled it out before i went. walked in, gave them my form, current permit(which had expired)drivers license, and $60. waited about 5 minutes to be called back, snapped a picture, signed the digital signature thingy and was gone. Whole process was less than 10 minutes. No need for references or letter

Well, I have an appointment in early Dec, but I ended up with tomorrow off so I'm going to drive up for the open application day and hope it's all good. A belated thanks for the pointers, guys.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top