JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I was told by a guy :s0079:with Scottish Roots that Scotsman wore Kilts because of all the Bogs and mud in Scotland made it difficult to wade thru. Makes sense and with mud B@!!$ deep, :s0061:why wear underwear ? If Sir William Wallace was called a ''Sissy'':s0001::s0132: for wearing a Kilt, I can assure you the fool that had made the wise crack would look like 150+ - pounds of Ground Beef:s0039: when Mr. Wallace was through playing around with him ! I have yet to try Haggis !:s0040:

By the time the Scots started to wear any kind of a kilt, Wallace had been dead about three hundred years -

'The kilt first appeared as the great kilt, the breacan or belted plaid, during the 16th century, and is Gaelic in origin. The filleadh mhòr or great kilt was a full-length garment whose upper half could be worn as a cloak draped over the shoulder, or brought up over the head. A version of the filleadh bheag (philibeg), or small kilt (also known as the walking kilt) similar to the modern kilt was invented by an English Quaker from Lancashire named Thomas Rawlinson sometime in the 1720s. He felt that the belted plaid was "cumbrous and unwieldly", and his solution was to separate the skirt and convert it into a distinct garment with pleats already sewn, which he himself began wearing. His associate, Iain MacDonnell, chief of the MacDonnells of Inverness, also began wearing it, and when the clansmen the two employed in logging, charcoal manufacture, and iron smelting, saw their chief wearing the new apparel, they soon followed suit. From there its use spread "in the shortest space" amongst the Highlanders, and even amongt some of the Northern Lowlanders. It has been suggested there is evidence that the philibeg with unsewn pleats was worn from the 1690s.'

tac

By the time the Scots started to wear any kind of a kilt, Wallace had been dead about three hundred years -

'The kilt first appeared as the great kilt, the breacan or belted plaid, during the 16th century, and is Gaelic in origin. The filleadh mhòr or great kilt was a full-length garment whose upper half could be worn as a cloak draped over the shoulder, or brought up over the head. A version of the filleadh bheag (philibeg), or small kilt (also known as the walking kilt) similar to the modern kilt was invented by an English Quaker from Lancashire named Thomas Rawlinson sometime in the 1720s. He felt that the belted plaid was "cumbrous and unwieldly", and his solution was to separate the skirt and convert it into a distinct garment with pleats already sewn, which he himself began wearing. His associate, Iain MacDonnell, chief of the MacDonnells of Inverness, also began wearing it, and when the clansmen the two employed in logging, charcoal manufacture, and iron smelting, saw their chief wearing the new apparel, they soon followed suit. From there its use spread "in the shortest space" amongst the Highlanders, and even amongt some of the Northern Lowlanders. It has been suggested there is evidence that the philibeg with unsewn pleats was worn from the 1690s.'

tac
Thank You for the clarification. I will do more research and realize you can't always believe everything you read or hear.:s0155:

I agree, there are very few Movies that are Hysterically accurate, but its entertainment. I had the Braveheart Collectors set and I LOVE all the Battle scenes and that carnage would be pretty accurate. I LOVE anything Renaissance and the Faires are Super. My Wife still does not believe me when I tell Her the Jousting is my favorite part of the Faire. I guess the Battle scars in back of my head from my Wife slapping it all day long are evidence that Her suspicion is correct. I admit, a well endowed, beautiful Woman wearing a Bodice with an ample supply of B is a NO Brainer, and I have NO Brains left after the Faire ! Sorry, a KILT does nothing for me and I

he will need:
1) his i-94. if he doesn't have the paper copy, go to uscis website and print one. be ready to explain what this is for. in some occasions he will need to explain why he is staying in the US with an expired visa. for those who don't know, the right to enter (visa) and the right to stay are separate in US immigration system.

2) his passport to support his i-94

3) a hunting license. quick trip to fred meyer. i think this requires 6 month residency proof.

4) going to an FFL who has done foreigner transfer--a lot of FFLs do not know how to handle it.

5) knowledge on how to fill out 4473. or he can ask the FFL to fill for him, but then two persons would need to sign the form.

Yeah, I'll be the first to admit I didn't have much outdoor experience/firearm experience until my mid twenties too, (born and raised in Hong Kong, concrete jungle, barely a tree anywhere inside the city), and when we immigrated here when I was 9 until recently, my parents sheltered us from stuff like camping (bears, etc!) or guns (they shoot themselves!), etc. I don't fault my parents, its just how they've lived their whole lives, and they've never had any issues with crime (HK is one of the safest gun free cities in the world, LE post every 2 blocks, excellent mental healthcare, etc), and we moved to a very nice neighborhood here in Seattle also, so not much crime exposure besides the news.

So my brother and I didn't get any exposure until a few years back when some coworkers and friends, good people introduced me to the beauty of nature and the need to own firearms to protect ourselves. I think with so many city people, it's important to be open minded and be friendly to introduce them to the firearms culture and outdoors.

My brother and I are now regulars at the range, and we go outdoors to shoot rifle often. Our parents are accepting of our ideals and understand that the states will never be as safe and secure as HK. We've also gotten a lot of people in our circles to try their hand on a 10/22 who would never have even wanted to touch a firearm. More people that we can educate the better!

PS. Was also able to convince a few people in our circles to actually read I-594 in its entirety and end up voting NO on it (who otherwise would have voted yes)

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top