JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
How old a guy are we talking about here? If the guy's in his late twenties/early thirties that is still just a kid, and maybe never had a chance to grow up, with gettin' dirty, camping, eating dirt by the fire cause your fish fell off the stick? If he's wide open to mentoring......? Why not? Make a real 'Merican out of him!

Though I think an SP101 with .357 would be better than the LCR. You don't want the gun to go flying!

How old a guy are we talking about here? If the guy's in his late twenties/early thirties that is still just a kid, and maybe never had a chance to grow up, with gettin' dirty, camping, eating dirt by the fire cause your fish fell off the stick? If he's wide open to mentoring......? Why not? Make a real 'Merican out of him!

Though I think an SP101 with .357 would be better than the LCR. You don't want the gun to go flying!

I agree. The LCR with .357 scares even me who shoots often. Just venting after a day with him and learning more and more yesterday. He is not so bad a guy just "soft" in many ways.
Last night he talked about wanting to learn to at least camp and shoot a gun and was honest about knowing nothing of these things as of now. At first it seemed there may be a hesitation to learn but I think that was just thinking I would shame him...Me? No way. I would never do something like discuss it on a public forum....ahem..anyhow.

I plan just to take a few of my guns that are not nasty in recoil and let him try them out. See what happens from there. Just strange to be teaching a guy in his mid 20s everything from the ground up about guns and sleeping in a tent. Maybe he will shock me. I sure hope so. Either way he makes a lot of money so he can marry the sis. Also helps to know that if your future brother in law ever hurts your sis you would be able to whoop them with one hand.

My best friend growing up was Scottish. When he got married, we groomsmen did traditional Scottish kilts with tuxedo jackets and LOTS of plaid. Big festivity, lots of bagpipes and scotch and kilts and accents I couldn't understand even before they were slurred by spirit.

Super fun. Probably one of the funnest weekends of my life. We went out down town and partied in the kilts on the wedding night... only the groom was actually Scottish, but you can bet we all suddenly had Scottish accents and questionable citizenship status.

Shame they got divorced about 8 months later..

I agree. The LCR with .357 scares even me who shoots often. Just venting after a day with him and learning more and more yesterday. He is not so bad a guy just "soft" in many ways.
Last night he talked about wanting to learn to at least camp and shoot a gun and was honest about knowing nothing of these things as of now. At first it seemed there may be a hesitation to learn but I think that was just thinking I would shame him...Me? No way. I would never do something like discuss it on a public forum....ahem..anyhow.

I plan just to take a few of my guns that are not nasty in recoil and let him try them out. See what happens from there. Just strange to be teaching a guy in his mid 20s everything from the ground up about guns and sleeping in a tent. Maybe he will shock me. I sure hope so. Either way he makes a lot of money so he can marry the sis. Also helps to know that if your future brother in law ever hurts your sis you would be able to whoop them with one hand.

^^^This give me pause.:rolleyes:

Only mid 20s? That's just a baby, be gentle with him now.

He's Scottish, why not outfit him with a kilt and a Claymore.
Nobody will mess with him.

View attachment 250096
maybe so...

Maybe not...

th.jpg

'men in skirts' - impressed the heck out of the best that Germany had in WW1 - called them 'the ladies from hell' as I recall.

tac

Maybe this one?

bruce-jenner-caitlyn-jenner.png.jpg

My best friend growing up was Scottish. When he got married, we groomsmen did traditional Scottish kilts with tuxedo jackets and LOTS of plaid. Big festivity, lots of bagpipes and scotch and kilts and accents I couldn't understand even before they were slurred by spirit.

Super fun. Probably one of the funnest weekends of my life. We went out down town and partied in the kilts on the wedding night... only the groom was actually Scottish, but you can bet we all suddenly had Scottish accents and questionable citizenship status.

Shame they got divorced about 8 months later..

You marry a dude who wears skirts and the hand writing is on the wall, at some point he'll get jealous of your skirts and throw a tizzy fit.
As Tammy Wynette sang: your "D. I. V. O. R. C. E. becomes final today".

Only difference is he'll have to bring his immigration card with him and the LGS will have to phone in the background Check. They will probably give him a 24 hour delay because they'll need to run an ICE check on him. Usually only takes a couple hours though.

This happened to me, had my permanent residency and bought several guns. They said it could take up to 24hrs but most of the time it was still 1-2hrs max.

I finally got my citizenship and now it's almost instantly. Did have some clerk at costal say some weird crap cause my birth country was Mexico and said it may take a while and I said nope, look I marked the box that said I'm a citizen. Oh wells.

If you don't mind me asking phatdonut, I know someone that needs to get their citizenship and was going to ask how you went about it.:s0153: If your ok with that , could you PM me ? :s0076: Thanks ! P.S. your user name got me craving a phat ''Apple Fritter'' :s0072::s0074:

Hey, give the guy a try, .40cal! I'm mostly Scots, including my name. Scots tend to like dirt, once exposed to it! We also tend to be natural weapons handlers and magnificent warriors! Scots are hard headed, as in you can kill me but you'll never intimidate me, hard headed! We are a handsome lot and in the bed chamber, Ooo La La, Laddie!
Trustworthy
Loyal
Helpful
Friendly
Courteous
Kind
Obedient
Cheerful
Thrifty
Brave
Clean
and Healthy!:D

Last Edited:
Hey, give the guy a try, .40cal! I'm mostly Scots, including my name. Scots tend to like dirt, once exposed to it! We also tend to be natural weapons handlers and magnificent warriors! Scots are hard headed, as in you can kill me but you'll never intimidate me, hard headed! We are a handsome lot and in the bed chamber, Ooo La La, Laddie!
Trustworthy
Loyal
Helpful
Friendly
Courteous
Obedient
Cheerful
Thrifty
Brave
Clean
and Healthy!:D

Yeah I am mostly scott as well but he seems to have been sheltered from anything outside video games. Hopefully he will enjoy it and be a natural. Nice enough guy but never had any form of male role model around. Hopefully you are right and he will find that inner dirt loving outdoorsman most of our ancestors were.

His lack of an adult male role model and his lack of experience with guns/camping/outdoors are not his fault. It sounds to me like he is open-minded and has a willingness to learn, so if you are tolerant and patient you might just turn him into a red-blooded American gun owner!

His lack of an adult male role model and his lack of experience with guns/camping/outdoors are not his fault. It sounds to me like he is open-minded and has a willingness to learn, so if you are tolerant and patient you might just turn him into a red-blooded American gun owner!

This, I didn't get in to guns until my 20's thanks to my wife's boss. All down hill from there..

We all had to start at sometime in our life. Some were fortunate and started earlier than others. Give the guy the same chance you got when you started out. You might be pleasantly suprised.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top