JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Multnomah County Sheriff's Office since you are just across the river. No need or reason to drive any further for a simple process.

Get the online application filled out ahead of time. Take all the needed backup with you and get it done. Simple....

Go for Utah's. Unless that's not allowed as a Washington resident permit. Start up is higher but the classes never hurt plus you have a seriously larger world to legally carry in.
I'm In Oregon and won't be reupping my Washington this year since my Utah has reciprocity with them, not to mention is lower cost than Washington to reup too!
Its been many years, but I had no problems with the friendly and helpful folk in down town Vancouver issuing my out of state, Washington CHL. Not sure what county that's in.

Go for Utah's. Unless that's not allowed as a Washington resident permit. Start up is higher but the classes never hurt plus you have a seriously larger world to legally carry in.
I'm In Oregon and won't be reupping my Washington this year since my Utah has reciprocity with them, not to mention is lower cost than Washington to reup too!
Its been many years, but I had no problems with the friendly and helpful folk in down town Vancouver issuing my out of state, Washington CHL. Not sure what county that's in.
Unfortunately Oregon will not recognize Utah's permit, so a Washington resident still needs an Oregon CHL to carry in OR.

Just finished taking the Oregon CNL course and payed for the certification. I'm 35 miles from the Oregon border so it won't take much to go down and pay the County Sheriff a visit. While Oregon is an open carry state, the CHL will make things alot easier when traveling thru certain areas.

Unfortunately Oregon will not recognize Utah's permit, so a Washington resident still needs an Oregon CHL to carry in OR.
That is what I get for reading the post then going to lunch before I responded.
You are correct of course.
The only part of your post i could take issue with is the overly gracious use of the word "unfortunately".
I can no longer muster up that sort of lenient attitude towards Oregon.
Thank you for the correction.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads