JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Reactions
its getting close to my birthday and i was looking into getting a hand gun although i do not have a oregon issued id. Is it considered a straw purchase if my girlfriend purchases this gun as a gift to me for my birthday and would i be allowed to own it?

You would be better off getting an Ore ID. She could legally buy it and gift it to you "IF" you could otherwise legally own it. And that's where you and she would get hung up. DR

If you have enough money for a gun, you have enough to get your Oregon ID, which by law you have 30 days to do once you moved here. Be smart, get your ID and then you can buy all the guns you want. If she buys it for you, it's a straw purchase and makes you a criminal.

You would be better off getting an Ore ID. She could legally buy it and gift it to you "IF" you could otherwise legally own it. And that's where you and she would get hung up. DR

per SB941 these are the only people that can be "gifted" or otherwise transfer without an FFL

(A) A transferor's spouse or domestic partner;
(B) A transferor's parent or stepparent;
(C) A transferor's child or stepchild;
(D) A transferor's sibling;
(E) A transferor's grandparent;
(F) A transferor's grandchild;
(G) A transferor's aunt or uncle;
(H) A transferor's first cousin;
(I) A transferor's niece or nephew; or
(J) The spouse or domestic partner of a person specified in subparagraphs (B) to (I)

You will note "girlfriend" is not on the list.

Since the OP's question has been answered and any other suggestions deviating from the one's given would be against the law.....

Thread closed.

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews