JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey everybody, my girlfriend is an Alaska resident who wishes to remain so, but who also needs to have the ability to carry a firearm on her person at certain times. She is a graduate student, but her internship is at a center for victims of domestic violence and more than once in the few months she's been there they have gone on red alert because some psychopath figured out where it is located. She feels, and I can't agree more, that being armed in those situations is a good idea.

So here's the question:

Is there any way an Alaska resident, not technically employed in this state, can get a CHL in Oregon?

Yeah, getting the shelter to OK it seems like it would be harder than the state itself...which seems about impossible. However she does not work at the actual shelter yet, which is at an even more secret location. It seemed like a long shot in the first place. She's definitely an AK resident, but she's been here for 6 years and will be for another two at least. I'm sure she can come up with other ways to feel more secure though.

According to the official stance of issuing agencies in Oregon the answer would be "no, she cannot." The state only offers non-resident permits to residents of bordering states.

I checked at 4 different sheriff offices last year about this.(I live in WA) and none were really too interested.

I guess if you live in like Vancouver and work in Oregon type deal?(or any bordering state/town)

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top