JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This one for the girls wouldn't fly with today's moms. As with the toy guns, kitchen sets still exist but the "Suzy Home maker" label would have to go in today's P.C. world.

Last edited by a moderator:
GREAT THREAD, good idea.

For the first/OP video post where the cop said "sounds like a gun battle over there!" ... someone has to say it ... if that were today those two kids would have been shot dead.

The Johnny Seven O.M.A. rifles go for $350 in very nice cond to as high as $800 in original unused/perfect condition.

Curious as to what you guys sold yours for!!!???

You could never let a child outdoors with that now.

When I was a kid in the 70s I could walk around with my pellet gun or bow/arrow on my paper route and no one cared at all.

My little brother looked pretty cool with that black eye patch he had to wear for awhile.
He never did rat me out, so I didn't lose the Johnny Seven OMA that summer, but he did claim it for his own later on.

I can't find a picture of it because it was homemade, but I made a 'flame thrower' out of Popsicle sticks and rubber bands that would shoot/light a wooden match about 15'-20' or so.

Used to shoot them at people on the school bus and it would like their hair on fire.

Once the bus driver hosed me down with a fire extinguisher and I could barely get the window open - click, click, click - before passing out from lack of oxygen.

Another favorite was the simple fountain pen. I'd have a whole pocket of ink refills and make an ink gun out of it. I ruined many a person's clothes with that thing.

Oh yeah, and there was the clay/drinking straw/pin darts I would make and then we would do battle using Pee Chee(?) folders as battle shields. Miraculously, no one ever lost an eye.

Ahh memories - I had one of those cheap suction cup bow and arrow kits for kids and of course I'd remove the cups and whittle the wood down to a sharp point and shoot them over an apt complex toward people walking on NW 23rd. Back then it was a hippie neighborhood, not all yuppie/artsy fartsy like now.

I made St Mary's Catholic school a little less dull. Many trips to Sister Stella Marr's the VP's office for punishment. I learned early - deny deny deny.

I was a poor kid, from a poor family so most of my toys I always had to make myself.

I can't find a picture of it because it was homemade, but I made a 'flame thrower' out of Popsicle sticks and rubber bands that would shoot/light a wooden match about 15'-20' or so.

I was a poor kid, from a poor family so most of my toys I always had to make myself.

Yeah Burt.......We made them by using the wooden clothes pins, disassemble, reverse pieces, tape, cut notch for firing pin/spring, install spring as trigger. Use one piece of another clothes pin to cock the spring, insert sulfur tip match head first. When you pulled the trigger/spring it would WHACK the match tip lighting and propelling lit match.

Yep, goood times!

Oh, don't think you can buy "Strike anywhere matches" anymore. No more lighting them on you pants, on other peoples pants, teeth, fingernails, etc. they are taking the fun out of everything.

Mike

Then, there is this one....

[video=youtube_share;W8qXLxHi9_8]http://youtu.be/W8qXLxHi9_8[/video]

That brings back memories. I actually have one of these bullets and all. The plastic bullets one tab would always break so you could not get them to say in the cartridge. Was fun to shoot in the house with those as a kid. Thanks for the memory.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top