JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Is there a good brand that is not magnetic? I want to take my AK to the range semi soon but I also dont want to start a fire with steel core ammo. I have some Red army and some Wolf and both are magnetic.:eek:

The cheapest brass cased, non magnetic 7.62 I've found so far is the Fiocchi- picked up a few boxes at big 5 for $11 per 20. Still kind of spendsy for ak ammo but if you're looking to shoot at an indoor range options for cheap ammo are very limited.
If you can find any of the yugo milsurp that stuff is gtg for indoor range shooting, as well. It used to be pretty inexpensive, not so sure about how it's priced these days. (Be warned that it IS corrosive though so make sure you hose the gun down right good after firing that stuff) I found a couple boxes of it in the grandpas gun chest and found it to be accurate and fun to shoot.

Oh ok I get it. I thought he meant completely non-magnetic. The indoor range near me doesn't allow any any steel in your ammo, including cases. I get no steel core, but I don't really understand why they wouldn't allow steel cased ammo. Probably makes it easier for them to sell all the spent cartridges left BeHind. Anyway, golden tiger bullets should be fine, I am pretty sure they use a solid lead projectile. And they are the most accurate of the cheap Russian stuff, at least in the old SKS I've been playing around with.
Sellier and bellot 7.62, however, does stick to a magnet, even though it is brass cased, so avoid those.

Well, I re read over the range rules and I foound nothing about not using magnetic ammo, just no tracer or exploding targets.

I recalled though when I joined there there was a ban of magnetic although now I think it was for AP ammo as my question was for m855 and its steel tip.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top